Adam K
New Contributor
- Joined
- Apr 9, 2008
- Messages
- 72
Rep Bank
$265
$265
User Power: 17%
Hey everyone,
I had a situation within the past couple of days which at the time I thought was a good thing to do. Or that I was being helpful anyway here is what happened ....
I was at my house that is being built my first venture into RE investing. Ive started a couple of buisness's which are working out for me. Anyway I had the cashflow board game with me and my neighbors and there kids saw it. So they asked me what it was about I offered to play a game with them. While we were playing I was explaining the point of the game and what it was teaching us. I was going into using leverage to make money ie borrowing money from the bank to purchase a piece of property to make some passive income off of etc.
The usual investing is risky you need to have benefits and be secure comments were being stated. Ugh I hate hearing that stuff. So I answered the question by saying that yes being secure is good but isnt having money from investments coming in every month so you dont need to work that 9-5 job isnt that security aswell? No answer from the father on that one.
We are about in the middle of the game now surprisingly the 2 parents are in alot of debt still in the slow lane. When another surprise there 14 year old daughter got out of the rat race even before me! (Yea yea get off my back I hadent slept yet!!) hehe JK. She caught on very quickly.
Here is where my good intentions became bad the father who was getting very fustrated with I guess the game and maybe a little of me. He threw his piece down and said " Let me tell you something! You come in thinking that you know everything about everything. The usual small minded comment came out of his mouth investors are greedy money grubbers that care about no one but themselves. Or the I dont want alot of money I do my job and pay my bills. He told me he didnt need me someone half his age telling him how his life was a failure. I didnt think thats what I was doing I even offered him to go 50/50 in another invesment I am trying to get into. I offered him that before he said all of this.
I didnt think I was telling him he is a failure even though in my mind I think he is. Also in my personal opinion he is a very lazy person that doesnt want alot of money because he doesnt want to work for it. To me I was just playing a game with them they were asking me these questions and I was being honest. I also thought I was helping or teaching which is what Robert Kiyosaki preaches.
End of this story the father went upstairs then came back down and said it was time for them to eat dinner and I had to leave. Even though his wife invited me to dinner with them. (I left). What does everyone think should I have kept the game to myself? Or maybe I should not have answered there questions?
Adam
I had a situation within the past couple of days which at the time I thought was a good thing to do. Or that I was being helpful anyway here is what happened ....
I was at my house that is being built my first venture into RE investing. Ive started a couple of buisness's which are working out for me. Anyway I had the cashflow board game with me and my neighbors and there kids saw it. So they asked me what it was about I offered to play a game with them. While we were playing I was explaining the point of the game and what it was teaching us. I was going into using leverage to make money ie borrowing money from the bank to purchase a piece of property to make some passive income off of etc.
The usual investing is risky you need to have benefits and be secure comments were being stated. Ugh I hate hearing that stuff. So I answered the question by saying that yes being secure is good but isnt having money from investments coming in every month so you dont need to work that 9-5 job isnt that security aswell? No answer from the father on that one.
We are about in the middle of the game now surprisingly the 2 parents are in alot of debt still in the slow lane. When another surprise there 14 year old daughter got out of the rat race even before me! (Yea yea get off my back I hadent slept yet!!) hehe JK. She caught on very quickly.
Here is where my good intentions became bad the father who was getting very fustrated with I guess the game and maybe a little of me. He threw his piece down and said " Let me tell you something! You come in thinking that you know everything about everything. The usual small minded comment came out of his mouth investors are greedy money grubbers that care about no one but themselves. Or the I dont want alot of money I do my job and pay my bills. He told me he didnt need me someone half his age telling him how his life was a failure. I didnt think thats what I was doing I even offered him to go 50/50 in another invesment I am trying to get into. I offered him that before he said all of this.
I didnt think I was telling him he is a failure even though in my mind I think he is. Also in my personal opinion he is a very lazy person that doesnt want alot of money because he doesnt want to work for it. To me I was just playing a game with them they were asking me these questions and I was being honest. I also thought I was helping or teaching which is what Robert Kiyosaki preaches.
End of this story the father went upstairs then came back down and said it was time for them to eat dinner and I had to leave. Even though his wife invited me to dinner with them. (I left). What does everyone think should I have kept the game to myself? Or maybe I should not have answered there questions?
Adam
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
