The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When does a Wantrepreneur become an Entrepreneur?

Mike351

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 5, 2015
Australia MATES
Its real simple, its been explained by everyone including the creator of this site.

Entrepreneur = Action take

Wantrapreneur = Action fake

If you are unsure if you are an entrepreneur, then maybe you are a wantrapreneur. Are you afraid of risks? Do you make excuses or lies? Do you chase money ruining client relations? Do you stare at that Maserati clenching your fist only to sit on the couch and play Battlefield Hardline for 8 hours until 3am only to do it all again the next day? Oh you made a phone call? Wow....You made a website out of word press and you now have a company? Hmmm....

You can still be an entrepreneur and be on the verge of jumping off The Golden Gate Bridge due to no sales and being thousands of dollars in debt. As long as you are taking constant committed action towards your dream. Learning new things every day. Taking action. Not faking action. We've all done it. Hell I do it. Put me in the wantrapreneur pile. I know I'm guilty, that is half the battle. Take action.

Memphis Grizzlies

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CrazyChris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 12, 2015
Its real simple, its been explained by everyone including the creator of this site.

Entrepreneur = Action take

Wantrapreneur = Action fake

If you are unsure if you are an entrepreneur, then maybe you are a wantrapreneur. Are you afraid of risks? Do you make excuses or lies? Do you chase money ruining client relations? Do you stare at that Maserati clenching your fist only to sit on the couch and play Battlefield Hardline for 8 hours until 3am only to do it all again the next day? Oh you made a phone call? Wow....You made a website out of word press and you now have a company? Hmmm....

You can still be an entrepreneur and be on the verge of jumping off The Golden Gate Bridge due to no sales and being thousands of dollars in debt. As long as you are taking constant committed action towards your dream. Learning new things every day. Taking action. Not faking action. We've all done it. Hell I do it. Put me in the wantrapreneur pile. I know I'm guilty, that is half the battle. Take action.

Memphis Grizzlies

Thanks for replying mate!
I know all that.

By that definition, I'd say I'm an entrepreneur. I make solid sales and profit and the business is growing like crazy. Made $3.5k profit yesterday by "taking action" and reaching out to someone.
I am never not taking action.

I just don't feel like I've made it yet. Maybe that's why I asked. I think I associate entrepreneurs with being insanely successful.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
One needs to do what they say. Just ideas dont work. Take action and showcase your capability. Follow your won path by watching and learning others, be smart to listen focus and think realistic.

Tobore

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 30, 2013
Above and Beyond
Now, let me try to lay it out clearly...

A wantrepreneur is a consumer who tries to venture into entrepreneurship.

They never produce things, but want the profit. They talk endlessly about IDEAS but never talk about EFFORT.

They are typically broke bros who stay on forums, read posts, books, motivational videos day/nite.
and still use search terms like "How do I make $x..." on google.

Wantrepreneurs hit a hurdle and switch lanes... (from supplement to self-publishing) within one week.

Entrepreneurs? They hit so many hurdles and find a way around it... until ALL available options under the sun
fails, after much trial.

Wantrepreneurs never get to feel that "soothing feeling" after taking a cold shower, from a hard day's work (...uuuh!)

Ppl try to call the secret to success all sorta names like discipline, etc.
The secret? Plain, old, abandoned and boring WORK! It creates discipline and every thing else.

Anything outside WORK is WANT!

Hounds that slightly try to exhume bones never find them
Hounds that dig deep into holes never search for long.

I hope that helps.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Entrepreneurs -Are leaders, the thing I learned about being a Marine is don't talk about being better show us you can be. Entrepreneurs show ALL the time challenges are not bad but something that makes them better.They, pay attention to People, and ask investigative questions, that spark ideas.Such a question would have been. what is the reason Pop is bad for you? The masses say Sugar, so entrepreneurs made an sweet pop that doesn't use sugar. Now an invention is out that turns bottled water into soda, if you haven't seen it yet it is cool.It is sweet but uses natural sweeteners. That was just one example.

Wantreprenuers are driven by fear and doubts afraid to take Risk,all I can say is read the story of the person who started subway and Wendy's Restaurants. You have to not be afraid to FAIL learn from every failure, and work hard to not repeat them.Wantreprenuers want to leech off others who worked hard to get where they are.Hoping for someone , or some EVENT that will come rescue them.

James Thornton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 31, 2014
Although I don't fully agree, Seth Godin's definition is interesting:

"An entrepreneur is someone who builds something bigger than themselves. The discipline of an entrepreneur is to continually hire people better than themselves until they have no job, except for breaking the system. The thing Mark Z needed to do when he got serious about facebook was quit coding."

However, he describes those who prefer to put their hands on the work (like me...and himself) as freelancers.

Which is kinda weird, because you can still make something yourself that is fastlane. I define freelance as work traded for one-time payment. I still make reoccurring income from work I did years ago. Seth has all kinds of books and courses that are clearly fastlane.

Nonetheless, maybe that will help someone on a different path.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Hmm the main difference for me is fear and being able to take time to think rather than worry my pants off.
It came from getting a lot tougher than your average bear
After I got tough, I got understanding and more chilled out and could see mechanisms in places I never looked before

I see through people, offers, institutions, down to the constituents, and everything is now information, EVERYTHING
Where before nothing was

Had to go through a lot of emotions to get there
Felt honestly like abuse
So I wasnt happy
So I really get the impetus many people have who are struggling

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders