The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your weekly routine?

Anything related to matters of the mind

GriffJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 12, 2021
Hi all,

Newby here! I'm interested to hear about your weekly routines? I'm working full time at the moment but I think I'm ok at managing my time, I would be interested to hear how others are utilising the same 24hours :) particularly if you have a full time job. Also, any other tips on what I can do to maximise my time.

Monday-Friday
5am wake up work out
6am travel to work (long commute so I listen to business audiobooks)
7am-4pm work
4-5pm travel home (property audio books/podcasts)
5-630pm - dinner, shower, home admin
630-9 - the important hours I spend on creating my fastlane life!
9-10 - family time
10 -zzzz

Weekends I spend around 4 hours each day working on my plans, researching, and working on my sidehustles. At the moment I'm saving money to invest in property whilst working on a side hustle (amazon fba). What else could I be doing in this time to increase productivity?

Of course, I slip sometimes but my routine helps me to keep focused.

Jo :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
Hi all,

Newby here! I'm interested to hear about your weekly routines? I'm working full time at the moment but I think I'm ok at managing my time, I would be interested to hear how others are utilising the same 24hours :) particularly if you have a full time job. Also, any other tips on what I can do to maximise my time.

Monday-Friday
5am wake up work out
7am-4pm work
9-10 - family time
10 -zzzz

Weekends I spend around 4 hours each day working on my plans, researching, and working on my sidehustles. At the moment I'm saving money to invest in property whilst working on a side hustle (amazon fba). What else could I be doing in this time to increase productivity?

That's a solid routine in my opinion. I am doing something similar right now, but I feel with a routine like this you don't get much free time in any given day just to relax and decompress.

How are you managing that feeling (if you even get it)?

GriffJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 12, 2021
That's a solid routine in my opinion. I am doing something similar right now, but I feel with a routine like this you don't get much free time in any given day just to relax and decompress.

How are you managing that feeling (if you even get it)?
When I spend time doing "nothing" I feel like I'm not achieving or wasting time - I get energised when I'm working towards something, but I definitely need to learn to relax. I saw a post on here about mediation, might head over there now :D

brian_west

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 29, 2020
Hi all,

Monday-Friday
5am wake up work out
7am-4pm work
9-10 - family time
10 -zzzz

Hey Jo! I am a newbie here to. I have recently been trying to adopt a new morning routine. Here is what's on my phone background is to help keep my mornings on track. I also work on my side business for about another 2 - 3 hours each week night and more on the weekends. Hope this helps you!

P.S. "Griff" is my dog's name, and quite coincidental that is your username!

Attachments

• IMG_FEE38C9E831A-1.jpeg
    IMG_FEE38C9E831A-1.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 23

ragnarcallan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 25, 2020
London
Hi all,

Monday-Friday
5am wake up work out
7am-4pm work
9-10 - family time
10 -zzzz

Clearly you're pretty strapped for time. The only thing I'd consider is if it's possible to work on your 'fastlane' whilst commuting. At the moment you're spending 2.5 hours on that and 2 hours listening to podcasts. Working from home would also gain you a lot of time if your employer permits it. I have a full time job but can work from home and I can basically do everything I need to do in half the time. If you could sell it like that to your employer then you might have a chance (obviously I don't know what your job is so if WFH is impossible then this is pointless)

GriffJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 12, 2021
Hey Jo! I am a newbie here to. I have recently been trying to adopt a new morning routine. Here is what's on my phone background is to help keep my mornings on track. I also work on my side business for about another 2 - 3 hours each week night and more on the weekends. Hope this helps you!

P.S. "Griff" is my dog's name, and quite coincidental that is your username!
Great morning routine, and great name also! :)

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
One thing I suggest you do with such a packed schedule is make time for beauty (OMG WHATS THIS GUY ON ABOUT AGAIN)

There's an idea in Business that you always need to be on and that you have to grind 24/7 but our brains are not meant for this and so the rate of return diminishes as we succumb to fatigue. And not just daily fatigue but weekly and monthly fatigue where decision stress, result-dependence stress and life stress all build up which takes away your edge and leaves you working at 50% capacity.

Meditation goes some way to dealing with this, but so too does taking time out to enjoy beauty. Noticing the fine details of traditional architecture on a building, or the landscape around you or flowers in bloom, or the smile of a young child are all ways you can regain that energy and zest for life that you will then put into your work.

The benefit of beauty too is that it gets your mind flowing with creative juices which infuse your ideas and in turn allow you to solve problems faster.

It's not a popular opinion in the hustle culture - but i stand by it's effects and almost no one does it!

GriffJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 12, 2021
Clearly you're pretty strapped for time. The only thing I'd consider is if it's possible to work on your 'fastlane' whilst commuting. At the moment you're spending 2.5 hours on that and 2 hours listening to podcasts. Working from home would also gain you a lot of time if your employer permits it. I have a full time job but can work from home and I can basically do everything I need to do in half the time. If you could sell it like that to your employer then you might have a chance (obviously I don't know what your job is so if WFH is impossible then this
The benefit of beauty too is that it gets your mind flowing with creative juices which infuse your ideas and in turn allow you to solve problems faster
This is so true. We're at our most natural selves when in nature and enjoying the beauty of the world. It's so easy to forget this when you're working so hard towards a goal. Thanks for the reminder to step back

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hi all,

Monday-Friday
5am wake up work out
7am-4pm work
9-10 - family time
10 -zzzz

Are you really interested in investing in RE? What kind of work do you do? Do you rent or own your home? I'm asking, because there may be ways to jump-start your plans. Yikes to your commute!

GriffJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 12, 2021
Are you really interested in investing in RE? What kind of work do you do? Do you rent or own your home? I'm asking, because there may be ways to jump-start your plans. Yikes to your commute!
Yes, absolutely. The way I want to add value is to focus on helping those that are struggling to get on the property ladder (rent to own). I started focusing on property around 2 years ago, however I didn't know anything and made some expensive mistakes. I bought a property with the intention of living in it for a while then renting it, but I was naive to the deposits, stamp duty and taxes that would enable me to do so. I'm now back renting, I have a mentor who is really successful in this space and I continuously work to grow my knowledge. However, as you have rightly pointed out, hands on experience is hard to get so any advice would be appreciated! As for work I'm head of HR for a construction company, great job, good salary, I actually really enjoy it but I want the freedom to create something, time to add value into the world in the little time we have on this planet.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Yes, absolutely. The way I want to add value is to focus on helping those that are struggling to get on the property ladder (rent to own). I started focusing on property around 2 years ago, however I didn't know anything and made some expensive mistakes. I bought a property with the intention of living in it for a while then renting it, but I was naive to the deposits, stamp duty and taxes that would enable me to do so. I'm now back renting, I have a mentor who is really successful in this space and I continuously work to grow my knowledge. However, as you have rightly pointed out, hands on experience is hard to get so any advice would be appreciated! As for work I'm head of HR for a construction company, great job, good salary, I actually really enjoy it but I want the freedom to create something, time to add value into the world in the little time we have on this planet.
So, why do you live so far away from your work? Your work sounds interesting. Can you create a circle of contacts?

Are there multi-family units close to your work? You might try out being an on-site manager and get free or reduced rent. It doesn't have to mean giving up your day job -- some of those manager gigs are part time. They just need a manager living in the building. You'd learn a lot.

I'm glad that you have a mentor to help you along on your journey. There's a lot of ways to skin this cat. RE has many sides and alleys.

GriffJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 12, 2021
So, why do you live so far away from your work? Your work sounds interesting. Can you create a circle of contacts?

Are there multi-family units close to your work? You might try out being an on-site manager and get free or reduced rent. It doesn't have to mean giving up your day job -- some of those manager gigs are part time. They just need a manager living in the building. You'd learn a lot.

I'm glad that you have a mentor to help you along on your journey. There's a lot of ways to skin this cat. RE has many sides and alleys.
The UK isn't as mature in the multi-family property market as the US, we have some but they are mostly in London.

Where I live is small with not many job opportunities, therefore I needed to travel to find a good opportunity.

But you have sparked my interest here, are multi-family units popular throughout the US?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
The UK isn't as mature in the multi-family property market as the US, we have some but they are mostly in London.

Where I live is small with not many job opportunities, therefore I needed to travel to find a good opportunity.

But you have sparked my interest here, are multi-family units popular throughout the US?
Yes, it's a big segment of our RE market.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.