The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your opinion on this song?

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Hey guys,

as some of you may know, I've been working in music lately and had started a label, here is one of the songs we have, with more coming soon. This one we give for download to anyone free:

[video=youtube;5tk3j5swBtw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tk3j5swBtw[/video]

Let me know your opinion guys ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

murlin99

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 26, 2011
The song seems to have a good hook. The mixing could use some work in my opinion.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I like it!! Like how it is mixed with some ethereal sounds (female vocals and new-agey track)

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Take this with a grain of salt. I'm strictly speaking from a music-listeners perspective, and I know NOTHING when it comes to making music. I don't even know what hook or mix means. I just listen to a song and I either like it or I don't.

I don't even know how to describe what I'm trying to explain, but the high-pitched almost hand-clapping sound that happens every 4 beats sounds a little too loud to me. And have you tested is without that high clapping sound when the girl is singing?

I really love the deep bass that you can faintly hear in the background, that's what I found myself attracted to the most. There were a couple times where it baselined (don't even know if that's a word) and it sounded awesome! That guy did a really good delivery at 2:43-2:49. I'm assuming it's not you, but if it's you, good job!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Haha, no it's not me, I am this guy's manager/label.

This song is one of his first so our new stuff is way better. This song gets mixed reaction. Nice to see positive reviews here and constructive criticism.. Looks like the mixing should have been better.

Thnx guys, keep comments comin' :)

Take this with a grain of salt. I'm strictly speaking from a music-listeners perspective, and I know NOTHING when it comes to making music. I don't even know what hook or mix means. I just listen to a song and I either like it or I don't.

I don't even know how to describe what I'm trying to explain, but the high-pitched almost hand-clapping sound that happens every 4 beats sounds a little too loud to me. And have you tested is without that high clapping sound when the girl is singing?

I really love the deep bass that you can faintly hear in the background, that's what I found myself attracted to the most. There were a couple times where it baselined (don't even know if that's a word) and it sounded awesome! That guy did a really good delivery at 2:43-2:49. I'm assuming it's not you, but if it's you, good job!

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I have a friend who worked my CDs and he is THE guy to talk to, works with a lot of artists in our area.

If you want I could make an introduction maybe you could get some tips from him. Just PM me and I'll send you his e-mail. He is working with some bigger clients these days so he may not have lots of time.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
I LOVE it man!

Awesome song, made my day, keep replaying it!

And I tell you this as being musician myself + someone who loves original by coast 2 coast (if that's original:)).

I'd polish up production just a tiny bit, but it can even go as is. Sound is fresh and song has emotion, I think all you need now is awesome video to promote the song, and this one's a winner:)

And by awesome I don't mean expensive, just original, that catches attention. Just like your sound is fresh. This is a HIT!]

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
I personally don't like the piano riff, but that's just me. But DAMN, that bassline sounds so dope though. kudos on that bassline.

The guy rhyming is ok with his flow, not incredible, but then again these days "flow" isn't even really important like it used to be.

I can see this track being used in like a boxing or mma movie soundtrack, it has like a motivational vibe to it, I don't why but it does to me.

I'm just saying this as a hip-hop fan, I have no professional konwledge in music whatsoever, so please don't take offense to this critique. I sincerely wish you guys luck.

D

DeletedUser397

I like the first song the best. I think you have something good going with your artists. I agree though, it could use some better mixing / quality. It seems a bit choppy between hooks / melody. But overall, I'd listen to it. I'm surprised it doesn't have more views/hits.

How else are you promoting these tracks besides Facebook/Youtube? This is just my opinion, but I think you could get more hits if you made a music video of a live performance. Those tend to get higher views. You could even mute it and play the song over it, but for some reason actual video tends to get a lot more hits, especially for up-and-commers.

Anyway, hope you get more exposure!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
@lawdog Thank You man, glad you like it! ;)

@ManwithaBeard, man, thank you very much, appreciate construct criticism a lot! Awesome to hear your opinion. I wish I could get the song to UFC or something :D That would be great! Thanx a lot

@hustleeveryday Thanx man, agree on mixing. And our Chorus is weakest part in the song, he isn't really a singer, a rapper he is. Songs were made very long time ago and new stuff we are working is much better.
And I'm not doing much promotion yet, just two forums. There is literally, a million songs made each year, getting thru will be real tough on the internet.

Again, appreciate criticism guys! Thank you!

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
@lawdog Thank You man, glad you like it! ;)

@ManwithaBeard, man, thank you very much, appreciate construct criticism a lot! Awesome to hear your opinion. I wish I could get the song to UFC or something :D That would be great! Thanx a lot

@hustleeveryday Thanx man, agree on mixing. And our Chorus is weakest part in the song, he isn't really a singer, a rapper he is. Songs were made very long time ago and new stuff we are working is much better.
And I'm not doing much promotion yet, just two forums. There is literally, a million songs made each year, getting thru will be real tough on the internet.

Again, appreciate criticism guys! Thank you!

Anytime man!

As far as getting it to UFC, if you have some talented local fighters in your area, maybe you can start by getting to know the scene and the fighters themselves and maybe even ask if they could use one of your artists' songs as their entrance music. Work out a deal with them.

Could be a stretch but you never know! doesn't hurt to try right?

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Nice idea, not really in that environment, but if I do meet fighter or any type of sports athlete I have to try this. Good suggestion bro ! Thanx ;) Speed+

Anytime man!

As far as getting it to UFC, if you have some talented local fighters in your area, maybe you can start by getting to know the scene and the fighters themselves and maybe even ask if they could use one of your artists' songs as their entrance music. Work out a deal with them.

Could be a stretch but you never know! doesn't hurt to try right?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.