The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your opinion on this Alex Becker video?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I didn't watch the video. Its too long for me to spend my time on, but I did read enough of the comments to get an idea of what the video is about.

The guy is mad about inequality, and probably all the other things Bezos has done to build his business. He's putting retail out of business. I say, good. Retail sucks compared to buying stuff online.

I also don't care one whit about inequality. If someone can build a $100 billion dollar net worth because he's that good? More power to him.

I would care about inequality if those at the top were preventing me from making my own way in life. I see this as the crux of the issue. People who hate Bezos see him as someone who is keeping them down. I don't see that at all. I see them as people who need to take a good, long hard look in the mirror. I see me keeping myself down. My limiting beliefs, my actions, what I choose to work on are by-far-more influential in my success than anything Bezos could possibly do to me.

LionMarketing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Aug 11, 2020
New York City
Wtf is Becker talking about. I like some of his vids, but this one is just clickbait. People vote for Amazon with their wallets lol.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’ve no opinion either way. Focused on my own stuff.

If he says he hates someone then I’m even less inclined to watch the video. Our kids say they hate things occasionally. I crack down on it.

EDIT: Just clicked to see if that was the title of the video, and only watched the first few words he said. His body language in that first second put me off too.

@Kak ... the guy also mentioned capitalism. Without watching it I think it could be good material for one of your rants. I’ve no idea whether you’ll agree or disagree with him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

StillGrindin'

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 19, 2018
Toronto Canada
What do people disagree with? This video is an extended metaphor for the state of politics in the US, case in point: the rise of AOC and people that ascribe to that philosophy. Those are the ones 'flipping the table' on the island. And if they create a new system, it won't be as good as the current one for entrepreneurs, so we need to make sure we have checks and balances in the current system that allows the little guy to get a win so the table doesn't get flipped. That's the video summed up.

And I'm all for entrepreneurship, but Amazon is legit anti-trust territory, running massive profit losses subsidized by their AWS, while they infiltrate and takeover multiple industries and companies in other industries while pushing out the competition that can't afford to run at a massive loss year after year. ad infinitum ike Amazon can. The fact that Microsoft got hit with anti-trust in the US and Europe but Amazon gets off scot free while being infinitely deeper into anti-trust territory than Microsoft could have ever dreamed of blows my mind.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I’ve no opinion either way. Focused on my own stuff.

If he says he hates someone then I’m even less inclined to watch the video. Our kids say they hate things occasionally. I crack down on it.

EDIT: Just clicked to see if that was the title of the video, and only watched the first five words he said. His body language in that first second put me off too.
You should give him a chance, Alex Becker is one of the best marketers out there, who successfully built a couple of different companies, starting with an SEO agency, supplement business, automated email marketing tool, and now analytics tool. He's also quite an innovative and smart guy, you will notice that he doesn't just parrot other people, he actually has original ideas, regardless of whether you agree with them or not. So I think he is a valuable resource even if you don't like his personality!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You should give him a chance, Alex Becker is one of the best marketers out there, who successfully built a couple of different companies, starting with an SEO agency, supplement business, automated email marketing tool, and now analytics tool. He's also quite an innovative and smart guy, you will notice that he doesn't just parrot other people, he actually has original ideas, regardless of whether you agree with them or not. So I think he is a valuable resource even if you don't like his personality!
I’ve no idea if I do or don’t like his personality. I just prefer not to watch a video that starts with “I hate”. Also, I value my brain space too much to watch random videos. Don’t get me wrong... I watched a couple of hours worth of videos last night on YouTube trying to solve the problem directly in front of me.

Me personally, if I don’t like someone’s personality then I don’t want to listen or watch them. Life’s too short.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Well, I did watch this video and the gist of it is actually a very important concept that most people need to understand (even if you are someone who keeps to your self and wants nothing to do with politics/class issues)

We here at the forum understand that hard work, perseverance, courage, and some luck will get you to be financially free. We're a niche group for a reason: Most people don't really understand this concept, nor do they care to. They just want some opportunity and to be able to take care of their needs in the moment. They aren't thinking about the future.

So what happens when people like Jeff Bezos come in and start buying up all of these companies, and making it impossible for small business to compete, is you get people who are pissed off because of lack of opportunity. Pair this with jobs moving overseas and out of the country, and you have a widening gap between the rich and poor. A shrinking middle class and a growing group of poor people.

Eventually people tend to be angry when they see some "rich a$$ hole" not paying taxes, and paying their workforce $15/hour, While theyre out here trying to survive on peanuts. Wether their anger is justified/logical doesn't matter.

And when the gap widens so much that there are a few "ultra wealthy" and the majority of people are poor and lack opportunity, The poor people get angry and riot, and want to flip the system and "spread the wealth" (Sound familiar?)

We here at the forum tend to take a lot of personally responsibility, which is a very good thing. But you have to understand, You cannot just tell the average person to "pull them selves up by the bootstraps" and start a business. Most people won't listen when you teach them how to be financially free. Most are only worried about their immediate needs.

We can sit here and say "Sucks for them, They don't want to listen", but the point is when too many people are pissed off and angry at the rich, and they start revolting, it F*cks up EVERYONES life, including the people like us who just want to be left alone and live our life.

If you don't pay attention to the growing number poorer people in society, and give them some opportunity to become middle class and financially stable, then there WILL be a revolution. All the logic in the world won't stop it. Those people will revolt and make EVERYONES life suck.

I'm not some avowed marxist either, I'm an America loving capitalist, but you absolutely have to understand that if enough people get pissed off, wether justified or not, they will screw up your life. Look at the riots going on across the US. Wether they're justified or not, it doesn't matter. People's lives, homes, and businesses are being destroyed and disrupted by an angry mob.

Hopefully this clears it up a bit, I know some people are turned off by Alex's personality, But this concept is way too important to ignore.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.