The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your opinion of this bath box concept?

Derric

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 10, 2017
Texas
Hello!

I currently own the company: The Hygiene King - www.thehygieneking.com (soon to be Royal-Hygiene)

I am in the process of liquidating my current inventory and trying out a new concept.

It will be a bath box that contains the following items: 3 bath bombs (your choice of scent/type), 2 handcrafted artisan soaps (your choice of scent/type), one candle (your choice), and a luffa.

I am thinking of pricing it between $20-$25 (30 with free shipping) and offering it on the female portion of website when I have it up an running.

I don't have any photos because I am waiting on my inventory to be shipped, but I will upload once I have a test box

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Why have you come up with the idea? Is it because of customer feedback/research/testing? If so great, if not, do some research.

The only way to work out if your pricing is right, is to start at your margins; what's your cost of product, storage, and maximum shipping costs?

I have learned the hard way that your margins need to be at least 400%, and even then you need to be selling fast.

As a side note your site takes too long to load in my opinion, I would get a good dev to go and optimise all the images and code in general.

Musashi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 27, 2017
The World
As a side note your site takes too long to load in my opinion, I would get a good dev to go and optimise all the images and code in general.

I agree. You should try to keep your site speed below 2 seconds.

I also noticed you do not have an SSL certificate. That is an absolute must nowadays, especially for an online-shop.

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
Did you order a lot of inventory ? You could try it on a small scale and see if this concept works before deciding to do it or not. I can see this box as something customers would buy as a gift for someone else. I bought something similar for my ex girlfriend years ago, she liked the idea.

I find something confusing on your website.. your colors and logo ( as well as pictures of your bath bomb ) makes me think your business is selling handmade / highend products.. but then I see those pictures of toothbrushes and deodorant that reminds me of Walmart shelves.

Also the signup pop up is showing on every page.. I find this a bit annoying.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Hello!

I currently own the company: The Hygiene King - www.thehygieneking.com (soon to be Royal-Hygiene)

I am in the process of liquidating my current inventory and trying out a new concept.

It will be a bath box that contains the following items: 3 bath bombs (your choice of scent/type), 2 handcrafted artisan soaps (your choice of scent/type), one candle (your choice), and a luffa.

I am thinking of pricing it between $20-$25 (30 with free shipping) and offering it on the female portion of website when I have it up an running.

I don't have any photos because I am waiting on my inventory to be shipped, but I will upload once I have a test box

What do you think?

First, I agree with @Roli, site takes too long to load. I also find the "win a free bath bomb" pop up coming up on every page rather annoying. If I click the "X" once that should be it.

As for your box, do you plan on selling your own branded product? I personally wouldn't pay for a box filled with off the shelf stuff I can get at Walmart or my local grocery store. You seem to be trying for a premium look with your logo and color scheme yet you're selling everyday brands like speed stick & colgate. There seems to be a disconnect.

I like the idea of your box if it's going to be something unique and not off the shelf products. And if so, you need a nicer box or container than the cheap plastic looking clam shell bowl your current bath bombs are in.

Just one man's opinion but like anyone else I'm a consumer and I wouldn't use your website, service as is.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Personally, I wouldn't buy hygiene products online without an ingredient list and I didn't see one when I was looking at your bath bomb page. If you are trying to convey a high end feel, you should be listing the benefits of your products and how they are made. Are they vegan (or not tested on animals) as that is very important nowadays and lots of people won't buy products that are tested on animals.

You could also try differentiating between the bath bombs. I gave my sister once bath bombs that were made with a certain essential oil to help relieve stress. You could create products based on their benefit. EG: Calming products, Energize, Sleepy time (Lush has a great product for this), Romantic, etc.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I like the concept but you have a challenge that will impact your ability to sell to repeat customers. Each of the items in your box depletes at a different rate. I may run out of toothpaste faster than deodorant and shampoo, so I am not going to buy another box full of stuff I don't need when all I need is toothpaste.

I personally wouldn't pay for a box filled with off the shelf stuff I can get at Walmart or my local grocery store. You seem to be trying for a premium look with your logo and color scheme yet you're selling everyday brands like speed stick & colgate. There seems to be a disconnect.

I like the idea of your box if it's going to be something unique and not off the shelf products. And if so, you need a nicer box or container than the cheap plastic looking clam shell bowl your current bath bombs are in.

Personally, I wouldn't buy hygiene products online without an ingredient list and I didn't see one when I was looking at your bath bomb page. If you are trying to convey a high end feel, you should be listing the benefits of your products and how they are made. Are they vegan (or not tested on animals) as that is very important nowadays and lots of people won't buy products that are tested on animals.

I agree with both of theses comments as well.

Derric

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 10, 2017
Texas
Did you order a lot of inventory ? You could try it on a small scale and see if this concept works before deciding to do it or not. I can see this box as something customers would buy as a gift for someone else. I bought something similar for my ex girlfriend years ago, she liked the idea.

I find something confusing on your website.. your colors and logo ( as well as pictures of your bath bomb ) makes me think your business is selling handmade / highend products.. but then I see those pictures of toothbrushes and deodorant that reminds me of Walmart shelves.

Also the signup pop up is showing on every page.. I find this a bit annoying.

Thank you for the input!

Yes, i realized that the products are walmartishy - and I am rebranding/redesigning my website to enhance the speed, and offer handmade / highend products only. The sign up pop is a development error that I will be correcting very shortly.

As of right now I am going to purchase enough inventory for 25 products to see if it will sell; and then go from there.

Derric

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 10, 2017
Texas
First, I agree with @Roli, site takes too long to load. I also find the "win a free bath bomb" pop up coming up on every page rather annoying. If I click the "X" once that should be it.

As for your box, do you plan on selling your own branded product? I personally wouldn't pay for a box filled with off the shelf stuff I can get at Walmart or my local grocery store. You seem to be trying for a premium look with your logo and color scheme yet you're selling everyday brands like speed stick & colgate. There seems to be a disconnect.

Just one man's opinion but like anyone else I'm a consumer and I wouldn't use your website, service as is.

Yes! from reading everyone's replies it's making feel like I am on the right track, because I am in the transitioning into literally everything you mentioned. Which is extremely motivating. Thank You.

Derric

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 10, 2017
Texas

You could also try differentiating between the bath bombs. I gave my sister once bath bombs that were made with a certain essential oil to help relieve stress. You could create products based on their benefit. EG: Calming products, Energize, Sleepy time (Lush has a great product for this), Romantic, etc.

This is a very great idea, and something I never thought of. Thank you so much!

Derric

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 10, 2017
Texas
I like the concept but you have a challenge that will impact your ability to sell to repeat customers. Each of the items in your box depletes at a different rate. I may run out of toothpaste faster than deodorant and shampoo, so I am not going to buy another box full of stuff I don't need when all I need is toothpaste.

I agree with both of theses comments as well.

Thank you for the input! My brother also mentioned the same thing (depletion rate). It is a challenge, and when I re-brand I plan to move away from my initial box I offer now to something more high end.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.