The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Whats your morning routine

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
I think morning routines/process are a game changer. I was interested to see what yours are.

Here's mine.

- 4 am wake up
- 10 minutes reading the Bible and Praying
- 3.5 Mile run
- 30-40 minutes learning Spanish
- 10-15 minutes reviewing finances and setting my agenda for the day
- 10-20 minutes reading
- Get changed for work
- Eat breakfast/play on phone
- 7:20 am leave for work

I do this every day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
I think morning routines/process are a game changer. I was interested to see what yours are.

Here's mine.

- 4 am wake up
- 10 minutes reading the Bible and Praying
- 3.5 Mile run
- 30-40 minutes learning Spanish
- 10-15 minutes reviewing finances and setting my agenda for the day
- 10-20 minutes reading
- Get changed for work
- Eat breakfast/play on phone
- 7:20 am leave for work

I do this every day.
First of all, who gets up at 4 a.m(not judging, but sill)
Here's mine
-Get up at 5 am
-Post a motivational quote to my insta and other SM
-EEat a pre-workout toast and pb sandwich
-Wait 15 mins then do a workout, rotating my body group on different days
-Eat some eggs, milk, berries, and if I have them, sausages
-If I have some extra time and if I need to, wrie down the nutritional value(I ussally do this right after I eat my food)
-Spend an hour getting ready for the day
-Work on my discord servers
-Work on coding my discord bot
-Read or meditate or play a brain gaame on my tablet for 30 mins
-Spend the next 30 mins doing 1 of the other 2 activies previously listed
-I recently Incorporated strectching into my routine.

That brings you to 12:p.m. II dont do these speciffly everyday as I have 2 discord bots I'm working on and different variations of these activies. Also, I should note that this is also only for monday-friday, Saturday and sunday are for prepration for the following week.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
You guys sound like you're killing it in the morning. But, I'm the boss in my world and I'm supposed to be retired -- although I'm not very good at it...

Most days--

6:30 - 8:25 AM:
get up and stretch at my ballet bar
shower
dress
get the ingredients together for fixing lunch (I make lunch for my husband at my office every day)
clear my emails
leave my house

8:25 - 9:30 AM
open my Laundromat
go to my office and open it
have my construction meeting with my crew
Fix my breakfast -- usually a banana/berry protein smoothie or oatmeal with berries

And then I start my workday.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
First of all, who gets up at 4 a.m(not judging, but sill)
Here's mine
-Get up at 5 am
-Post a motivational quote to my insta and other SM
-EEat a pre-workout toast and pb sandwich
-Wait 15 mins then do a workout, rotating my body group on different days
-Eat some eggs, milk, berries, and if I have them, sausages
-If I have some extra time and if I need to, wrie down the nutritional value(I ussally do this right after I eat my food)
-Spend an hour getting ready for the day
-Work on my discord servers
-Work on coding my discord bot
-Read or meditate or play a brain gaame on my tablet for 30 mins
-Spend the next 30 mins doing 1 of the other 2 activies previously listed
-I recently Incorporated strectching into my routine.

That brings you to 12:p.m. II dont do these speciffly everyday as I have 2 discord bots I'm working on and different variations of these activies. Also, I should note that this is also only for monday-friday, Saturday and sunday are for prepration for the following week.
Yeah the 4 am wake up has its downsides for sure. I try to be asleep by 8 but usually end up going to sleep around 9 or 10.

I've been enjoying the early wake up though. It gives me plenty of time to get things done in the morning while I'm fresh.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
My mourning routine is really messed up, I wake up at 11 am. After 1 pm, I do the regular stuff like working. After this, it isn't really morning so my morning routine is non-existent at the moment.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Up at 5 am. No alarm.
Drink a full glass of water.
Drink a green/fruit/protein smoothy. All organic and fresh.
Meditate for 20-30 minutes.
Stretching and breathing exercises.
Eat breakfast. Some type of oats with fruit.
Journal.
Read WSJ.

Begin working 7-7:30.
Depending on the day, weight training is usually mid-morning.
Back to work.

I also have an evening routine. This is just as important as my morning routine. We have to prepare ourselves for a good sleep to be super productive and focused the next day.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
I also have an evening routine. This is just as important as my morning routine. We have to prepare ourselves for a good sleep to be super productive and focused the next day.
Interested to hear what your evening routine is!

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Interested to hear what your evening routine is!
A super healthy home-cooked dinner around 6 pm.

Catch up with the wife about the day's events.
Watch about 45 min of Netflix to give my thinking brain a break.
Prep for bed. Brush teeth, lay out clothes for the next day, make a list of priorities for the next day, etc.
Read for 1/2 hr to 45 min.
Get to bed and set my intentions for good sleep and for the next day( I guess you could call this a meditation). Gratitude for the day.
Out like a light about 9 pm.

My goal for bedtime is always the same. To be exhausted knowing I gave my all. Works well for me.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I forgot one important thing in the morning. As soon as I wake up, I give gratitude for actually being alive and waking up, and for all the opportunities that are ahead of me that day to help people in whatever way I can.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My mourning routine is really messed up, I wake up at 11 am. After 1 pm, I do the regular stuff like working. After this, it isn't really morning so my morning routine is non-existent at the moment.
Are you working at night?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Up at 5. Walk the dogs (1.5 to 2 miles). Run 3 to 5 miles. Work a little. Spanish lesson for .5 hours. Make some phone calls. Do what I want.

I do meditate every day but pick a peaceful time.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Are you working at night?
Yes, sometimes playing with online friends till 3 am. Ditched them yesterday. So I managed to sleep at 1 am instead of dawn. I'm tired of losing extra hours to myself

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Yes, sometimes playing with online friends till 3 am. Ditched them yesterday. So I managed to sleep at 1 am instead of dawn. I'm tired of losing extra hours to myself
And that working? It sounds like you are staying up all night partying and sleeping all day. As a mom, I know we have that problem with newborn babies -- they get their nights and days mixed up. But, it's your life. You can do whatever you want as long you can pay your bills...

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
And that working? It sounds like you are staying up all night partying and sleeping all day. As a mom, I know we have that problem with newborn babies -- they get their nights and days mixed up. But, it's your life. You can do whatever you want as long you can pay your bills...
I don't know how to respond to this, but I know one thing for sure. I need to have a healthy, regular sleep schedule. This includes me waking up with my parents at 5 am

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I don't know how to respond to this, but I know one thing for sure. I need to have a healthy, regular sleep schedule. This includes me waking up with my parents at 5 am
I wasn't meaning to insult you. But you said that you were staying up all night playing games with your friends and going to bed at dawn. And now you've 86ed your friends and going to sleep at 1 AM. Maybe I misunderstood you. Sorry for the confusion. I just know that I must sleep at night so I can put my shoulder into the work of the day.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I wasn't meaning to insult you. But you said that you were staying up all night playing games with your friends and going to bed at dawn. And now you've 86ed your friends and going to sleep at 1 AM. Maybe I misunderstood you. Sorry for the confusion. I just know that I must sleep at night so I can put my shoulder into the work of the day.
No, it's fine, I didn't perceive it as an insult. Even if someone insults me, I'll try to know WHY they did so. It helps you identify the undesirable traits that you've picked up from society.

I have been waking up early at 5 am but that lasted for a couple of days, considering my siblings have a similar schedule as I have now. Now, back to winning those 6 morning hours back. Imagine spending 3 hours at night only to wake up 6 hours late. if I had slept 3 hours earlier, I would save 6 hours!

P.S. I'm not a party guy, more like an online gamer who likes to play late at night without any distractions.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
No, it's fine, I didn't perceive it as an insult. Even if someone insults me, I'll try to know WHY they did so. It helps you identify the undesirable traits that you've picked up from society.

I have been waking up early at 5 am but that lasted for a couple of days, considering my siblings have a similar schedule as I have now. Now, back to winning those 6 morning hours back. Imagine spending 3 hours at night only to wake up 6 hours late. if I had slept 3 hours earlier, I would save 6 hours!

P.S. I'm not a party guy, more like an online gamer who likes to play late at night without any distractions.
Yeah, your right. We parents have a lot of "undesirable traits" just by doing our job of shepherding our children. You staying up all night playing games with your friends and then sleeping all day triggered me. NOBODY in our household sleeps until 1 PM -- unless we work all night or they're sick. (And we do have emergencies in our business that require us to work during the night at times.) Both of my families that I raised are grown and gone now. But, when the kids were home, everyone got up and got their day going when we did. Are you still living in your parent's home? In our home, my husband and I set the rules. Everyone that we support (kids) MUST work, goes to school, or both. It's a full-time schedule requirement. At least, everyone gets up in the morning when we do -- even our guests. My husband's mother is visiting us this month. And she's up and going every morning with us. Maybe that may seem unreasonable to you. The kids thought so when they were younger and we made them get up each and every morning. Having good life habits is required for everyone in our household.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
7am wake up and girlfriend makes bacon and coffee and gets out of bed before me
715am she comes upstairs and tells me it's ready. Head downstairs and have breakfast
730am make the schedule for employees on our dispatching software
745am work is now finished for the day for the most part. play a couple games of UNO with the girlfriend. Hop on the forum for 10 minutes since my laptop is on the table.
8am ask the same question that we do almost every morning: "what should we do today?"

The time always changes we just have to make sure the schedule is made before 8 so the guys aren't waiting around. Guess I could do it the night before.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Yeah, your right. We parents have a lot of "undesirable traits" just by doing our job of shepherding our children. You staying up all night playing games with your friends and then sleeping all day triggered me. NOBODY in our household sleeps until 1 PM -- unless we work all night or they're sick. (And we do have emergencies in our business that require us to work during the night at times.) Both of my families that I raised are grown and gone now. But, when the kids were home, everyone got up and got their day going when we did. Are you still living in your parent's home? In our home, my husband and I set the rules. Everyone that we support (kids) MUST work, goes to school, or both. It's a full-time schedule requirement. At least, everyone gets up in the morning when we do -- even our guests. My husband's mother is visiting us this month. And she's up and going every morning with us. Maybe that may seem unreasonable to you. The kids thought so when they were younger and we made them get up each and every morning. Having good life habits is required for everyone in our household.
I didn't intend to criticize parents but I guess I need to work on conveying a clear message. I hear similar stories as yours from my grandmother about how things were back then, discipline and children, life in general. She often says she can't believe the world has changed so quickly and with that, people's approach to moral values and culture. My father works outside our city, or else we all would be sleeping on a routine.

Going to sleep at 12 am instead of 1 am. Ditching those online friends was well worth it. Realized I was just wasting my time hanging out with no lifers.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I didn't intend to criticize parents but I guess I need to work on conveying a clear message. I hear similar stories as yours from my grandmother about how things were back then, discipline and children, life in general. She often says she can't believe the world has changed so quickly and with that, people's approach to moral values and culture. My father works outside our city, or else we all would be sleeping on a routine.

Going to sleep at 12 am instead of 1 am. Ditching those online friends was well worth it. Realized I was just wasting my time hanging out with no lifers.
Things are still that way in my world... You're right. I'm a senior citizen. My success has been based on having good habits and very high morals. And I have put in years and years of smart, hard work. I have come to believe that those years have seasoned me and allowed me to create my success.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
A super healthy home-cooked dinner around 6 pm.

Catch up with the wife about the day's events.
Watch about 45 min of Netflix to give my thinking brain a break.
Prep for bed. Brush teeth, lay out clothes for the next day, make a list of priorities for the next day, etc.
Read for 1/2 hr to 45 min.
Get to bed and set my intentions for good sleep and for the next day( I guess you could call this a meditation). Gratitude for the day.
Out like a light about 9 pm.

My goal for bedtime is always the same. To be exhausted knowing I gave my all. Works well for me.
Ohhhhh I love that. I've experimented with setting my agenda the night before and it works very well.

You wake up the next day already knowing what your mission is, so it leaves little room to distract yourself with trying to "figure out what to do"

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Things are still that way in my world... You're right. I'm a senior citizen. My success has been based on having good habits and very high morals. And I have put in years and years of smart, hard work. I have come to believe that those years have seasoned me and allowed me to create my success.
I second that part about habits.

When things get hard we tend to fall back on our habits. I've spent a lot of time and effort into cultivating good habits.

No matter how I feel, or whats going on around me during the day, I complete my habits (daily process) and it keeps me grounded and focused. Also, God and spirituality keep me grounded.

"If you want to win one time, set a goal, if you want to win repeatedly, build a system"

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
6:00 - 6:10
* Think about what I’m grateful for

6:10 - 6:15
* Tapping

6:17 - 6:25
*Read Life plan, look at my goals and write them down

6:25 - 6:30
* Visualization

6:30 - 6:40
* Exercise (and listen to Gratitude affirmations)

6:40 - 6:55
* Reading

6:55 - 7:00
* Journaling

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.