The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

whats wrong with my google ads campaign

Marketing, social media, advertising

young rebel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2019
I have started a google ads campaign for an institute for getting new admission through google ads.my ads are getting good clicks compare to impression. i have created campaigns with tightly themed keywords, the CTR is around 17% and 27% for campaigns .but the issue is that we kochi.pngare not getting any lead form submission. it would be great if someone can point out the issue
@Andy Black

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• kerala.png
    kerala.png
    304.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have started a google ads campaign for an institute for getting new admission through google ads.my ads are getting good clicks compare to impression. i have created campaigns with tightly themed keywords, the CTR is around 17% and 27% for campaigns .but the issue is that we View attachment 38702are not getting any lead form submission. it would be great if someone can point out the issue
@Andy Black

I presume you’re just targeting Google search first?

Are your search terms relevant for the offer? Are they more buyer search terms rather than info-seeker search terms?

How are your visitors split between mobile and non-mobile? If it’s skewed towards mobile then what’s the mobile experience like?

If you’ve just started the campaign then maybe you’re paying a higher CPC at this stage than you need to to gather data? I’m only guessing based on your high CTR. (CTR is affected by ad position which is affected by rank which is affected by bids.)

How enticing is the enquiry-form compared to others competing on the same search terms?

How many start the form but don’t complete it?

How does your ad and landing page and offer compare to competitors for the same search terms?

Also, you’ve only had 22 visitors so far. It could just be you’ve not had enough visitors.

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
This is where you look at the big picture. If you're getting a high CTR, that means your ads match what your searchers are looking for.

But is what they're searching for, as well as the ad clicked, leading back to a relevant website with similar messaging?

1. Look at your ad's message.
2. Think about intent. Compare the intent of the ad to the keyword activated by a person's search.
3. Now consider the landing page/website design. Read the copy and ensure it flows logically.
4. Now zoom out. Remove the ad itself from the equation. Is the landing page/website completely in tune with that person's search?
5. Now think about the people you are targeting. Does the keyword match the search term and intent, does the keyword and search intent match the "end result" audience you require, and where the ad leads to -- is it easy, trusting, and credible? Both in message & presentation?

There are a bunch of important questions to ask yourself. Consider all parts of your ad strategy, not just the ad itself.

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
I have started a google ads campaign for an institute for getting new admission through google ads.my ads are getting good clicks compare to impression. i have created campaigns with tightly themed keywords, the CTR is around 17% and 27% for campaigns .but the issue is that we View attachment 38702are not getting any lead form submission. it would be great if someone can point out the issue
@Andy Black

I see that your CTR and key words are good. However, it must be an issue of target audience, in my opinion.

When you get a lot of clicks, but no leads, it means that the people who received your ad did not think it was relevant for their life and moved on with their day. Perhaps you could narrow the scope of the people who receive this campaign. Hope this helped.

young rebel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2019
I presume you’re just targeting Google search first?
yes,search ads
Are your search terms relevant for the offer? Are they more buyer search terms rather than info-seeker search terms?
currently i am focused on buyer intended keyword. course name+ location
How are your visitors split between mobile and non-mobile? If it’s skewed towards mobile then what’s the mobile experience like?
97% of my vistors are from mobile
If you’ve just started the campaign then maybe you’re paying a higher CPC at this stage than you need to to gather data? I’m only guessing based on your high CTR. (CTR is affected by ad position which is affected by rank which is affected by bids.)
started running campaign for nearly 3 weeks
How enticing is the enquiry-form compared to others competing on the same search terms?
this is my landing page:
How many start the form but don’t complete it?
going to set up conversion tacking
How does your ad and landing page and offer compare to competitors for the same search terms?
i think the landing page is not optimized for mobile
Also, you’ve only had 22 visitors so far. It could just be you’ve not had enough visitors.

young rebel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2019
This is where you look at the big picture. If you're getting a high CTR, that means your ads match what your searchers are looking for.

But is what they're searching for, as well as the ad clicked, leading back to a relevant website with similar messaging?

1. Look at your ad's message.
2. Think about intent. Compare the intent of the ad to the keyword activated by a person's search.
3. Now consider the landing page/website design. Read the copy and ensure it flows logically.
i think the issue is with the landing page and speed
4. Now zoom out. Remove the ad itself from the equation. Is the landing page/website completely in tune with that person's search?
this is the landing page
is there any scope for improvement?
5. Now think about the people you are targeting. Does the keyword match the search term and intent, does the keyword and search intent match the "end result" audience you require, and where the ad leads to -- is it easy, trusting, and credible? Both in message & presentation?
thankyou for your feed back

There are a bunch of important questions to ask yourself. Consider all parts of your ad strategy, not just the ad itself.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
yes,search ads

currently i am focused on buyer intended keyword. course name+ location

97% of my vistors are from mobile

started running campaign for nearly 3 weeks

this is my landing page:

going to set up conversion tacking

i think the landing page is not optimized for mobile
Hi,
1) the page loaded a bit slow, maybe look at the pictures and how much data they should have.
2) is your page aimed at the world market, or India? If for the world you should have a native English speaker go over the English. Also, in that case I would put some diverse looking faces on display.
3) I did not know what you were selling right away. Maybe something like „do you want to be a successful xy, ... ... sign-ip for our course Zz. Focus on what your customer benefits are.

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.