The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's with GM's stock?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I just can't understand why GM's stock price continues to hold around the $2 mark. Especially with news like this coming out:

From Reuters article.

...In an unusual filing with securities regulators, GM also detailed plans that would leave current shareholders with only a 1 percent stake if stock is transferred to the U.S. government, the United Auto Workers and bondholders in exchange for debt forgiveness as planned.
GM also warned that shareholders likely would be wiped out if the automaker failed to complete the restructuring and filed for bankruptcy

Can anyone enlighten me as to why GM isn't a penny stock yet?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kidgas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
I have a feeling that after watching AIG go from 0.47 to 1.73, there are enough people willing to take the bet that they can get a quick double or triple on their speculation.

Of course, I am sure there are a few who believe that a reverse split is a good thing and they will have a much more valuable stock

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
Of course, I am sure there are a few who believe that a reverse split is a good thing and they will have a much more valuable stock

while I agree that there is a perception among the investing world that reverse splits present a value, the reality is that the converse is actually true and this is supported by data.

I am not sure why so many people are placing "bets" with investments for a secure future.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Up 67% in the last 5 days!?!

:wtf:

Aren't these guys going into BK?

This stock is just nuts right now. Reminds me of the dot-com bubble...

:smx4::smx4::smx4:

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I wish my online brokerage account let me short stocks under $5. I think shorting GM would be a money maker.

Can anyone recommend a brokerage that will allow you short stocks under $5?

Thx.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.