I had the idea for this thread after watching all of the Dragon's Den Success Stories, one story really caught my attention, it's Duncan Bannatyne, a serial entrepreneur worth about $600m, I quote him "I think everyone can make a hundred million dollar in business, business is simple, people make it up", so I was just wondering, what is really the difference between an entrepreneur who builds a company and it becomes huge in 5 years and then sells it for hundreds of millions, and an entrepreneur who builds a company, takes a couple of years to make it profitable and then sells it after 15 years for 2 million, and an entrepreneur who builds a company and doesn't see a dollar of profit in 3 years and eventually the business fails.
Does come to motivation, luck, personality, being in the right place at the right time, the industry in which the business is operating in...?
I also remeber a guy on LamboPower, he told his story on the forums, he said in 7 years he started from scratch and built a company so successful that he's worth a couple of hundred millions, and I can think of other examples of entrepreneurs who achieved an enormous wealth in less than 10 years, so what really is the difference?
Does come to motivation, luck, personality, being in the right place at the right time, the industry in which the business is operating in...?
I also remeber a guy on LamboPower, he told his story on the forums, he said in 7 years he started from scratch and built a company so successful that he's worth a couple of hundred millions, and I can think of other examples of entrepreneurs who achieved an enormous wealth in less than 10 years, so what really is the difference?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
