The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's going on with Elon Musk? Eccentric or going mad?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
a lot of guys ask me in private conversations about those " masterminds " i am talking about

so what's the point with these guys that i consider "masterminds " and are INTJs or rational at least , according to the mbti theory

just look at the picture for a moment

Bobby Fischer . chess world champion and genius

bobby fischer.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenneger

arnold.jpg

Jay Abraham, pope of marketing

jay abraham.jpg

Jim Rohn , business philosopher

jim.jpg

Elon Musk , visionnary

musk.jpg

Putin, Russian leader

putin.jpg

Stuart Goldsmith, innercircle philosophy

stuart.jpg

Sun Tzu, military strategist

sun tzu.jpg

Eben Pagan , marketing guru and investor

eben.png

Nietszche, philosopher

nietzsche.jpg

any guess ?

these guys are not on earth to be part of the crowd

these guys are on earth to honour intelligence and intelligence has nothing to do with being a good sheep in a controlled society

so i won't go further because this is too deep at your level

but think on it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I did. It led to me using the ignore user feature. Thanks!

yes , thanks.

in fact if 80 % of people are not disliking what i say, then there is something wrong with my writing

only 20 % of people should be curious

this is the pareto principle at work

if 80 % of people agree with me then i have nothing to do on this forum

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
this leads to a very important idea from Eben Pagan

wich is " NARROW YOUR NICHE "

narrow.jpg

you don't want to be everything for everyone

like God or Jesus

this is absurd

you want to be the solution for the best 20 % of the niche ( pareto principle )

people have to feel understood

they should immediately say " this is great " or " this is BS " when being exposed to your marketing

20 % of people should say " this is great , i feel understood "

80 % of people should say " this is BS , i leave "

people should never be confused : " i don't know about this "

this is yes or no . to the point .

this is great or BS from people point of view

it worked very very very well for Eben .

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBVNesjOdC8

so yes, if everybody says i am great then i am doing something wrong

only a few people should like what i share about masterminds

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
Lately Elon Musk has been making some odd comments and making eyebrows rise.

From the sales conference call some weeks ago where he made some bizarre comments, to Twitter barbs, to this Thai cave rescue thing and calling some critic a PEDO, his comments are starting to make people wonder. Lately he's been sounding more like Trump and not unlike any other corporate figure of a publicly traded company.

Elon Musk tweets he'll "bet ya a signed dollar" that Thai cave rescuer is a "pedo"

5 outrageous Elon Musk moments from the bizarre Tesla call

I'm sure Nikola Tesla was considered an odd-ball in his day and age, so is this just Elon being Elon?

Is this his eccentricity or do you think something else is going on?

A billionaire with FU money saying FU?

There have been INSIDERS suggesting he's under enormous stress. From what I know, he has a wife and lots of children, plus he's managing 2 billion-dollar companies basically simultaneously, which doesn't sound very conducive to a stress-free lifestyle. He hates short-sellers of Tesla and I believe made his comment about taking Tesla private as a way to perhaps scare short sellers. Now we know he was bluffing and decided to keep Tesla public. I'm leaning towards eccentric rather than mad. Of course if he had as little money as I do he'd most definitely be considered crazy.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

bobby-fischer-jpg.21346
I thought this guy was Count Dooku from Star Wars. the first time I potted him on your profile pic haha.
Now I know...

View attachment 21371

like God or Jesus

this is absurd

they should immediately say " this is great " or " this is BS " when being exposed to your marketing

Brand dilution. Stretching yourself too thin that you allow gaps or weaknesses to show up.

I think that this pretty much sums up how I f*cked up on freelancing, even now.

I was trying to do all the damned things with even the slightest relation to my intended field of focus. I went in to do copywriting, but got popped into writing articles, VA and the lot. I was in for too much of the time.

Don't.

ellepro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Aug 23, 2018
I agree with Arianna Huffington. He needs to get more sleep. He's already done so much. Relax...

jon2089

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Feb 11, 2017
US
Tesla just surpassed Mercedes for U.S sales. The Model 3 alone sold 18,900units with an average selling price of $60k in August making it the 5th best selling sedan in the U.S surpassing the Nissan Altima and Sentra.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
a lot of guys ask me in private conversations about those " masterminds " i am talking about

so what's the point with these guys that i consider "masterminds " and are INTJs or rational at least , according to the mbti theory

just look at the picture for a moment

View attachment 21346

Arnold Schwarzenneger

View attachment 21347

Jay Abraham, pope of marketing

View attachment 21348

Jim Rohn , business philosopher

View attachment 21349

Elon Musk , visionnary

View attachment 21350

Putin, Russian leader

View attachment 21351

Stuart Goldsmith, innercircle philosophy

View attachment 21352

Sun Tzu, military strategist

View attachment 21353

Eben Pagan , marketing guru and investor

View attachment 21354

Nietszche, philosopher

View attachment 21355

any guess ?

these guys are not on earth to be part of the crowd

these guys are on earth to honour intelligence and intelligence has nothing to do with being a good sheep in a controlled society

so i won't go further because this is too deep at your level

but think on it
You know, I used to think about the same stuff when I was 16 and stoned off my a$$.

But now I think it’s bullshit. I guess all that weed killed some brain cells and now it’s “too deep at my level.”

Since you have it all figured out, what billion-dollar multinational corporation are you the founder of?

Or do you just peddle Eben Pagan videos for a small fee?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018

View attachment 21371

like God or Jesus

this is absurd

so yes, if everybody says i am great then i am doing something wrong

only a few people should like what i share about masterminds

Isn't he that pick up artist guy? I thought his name was David DeAngelo?

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
yes , thanks.

in fact if 80 % of people are not disliking what i say, then there is something wrong with my writing

only 20 % of people should be curious

this is the pareto principle at work

if 80 % of people agree with me then i have nothing to do on this forum
I bought into stuart goldsmiths inner circle around 1994 and a lot of it was comparable to living Unscripted , don't believe everything the media present as truth, extreme patriotism and others stuff I can share if you send me $50 (joke). The thing is his stuff was illuminating. He had 2 series of booklets, one I would call an unscripted manifesto for it's time and the other was purely an insight into making big money in mail order. That may not be a familiar term to the younger guys and girls here but it was basically a newspaper or magazine advert compelling you to sign up and learn how to make a fortune by adverts compelling you to sign up to make a fortune by adverts compelling you to sign up to make a fortune etcetera. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone. Stuart Goldsmith opened my eyes to bullshit but at the same time he sold it to me. Funny that.

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
mastermind is a inner potential for rational people who can understand things when they are exposed to the right knowledge

this is a mindset

i doubt that you really are an INTJ

otherwise you would be curious about what i am saying right now

instead of denying the whole thing

B]

Oh.....I’m curious about almost everything and fascinated by those who create something from nothing like Musk, Edison, Ford, et al. I find not enough hours in the day to read and study, and to seek to create.

And you can doubt all you want, I’ve done all the testing and it matters to me not what others think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SMH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 20, 2018
Poland
GMSI7D level of woke is through the roof. Worthless 99% is blindfolded when the NWO is in works. Wake up sheeple but whatever,

You probably won't

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Well this just hit the internet, things are about to heat up with media already taking it out of proportion...

9VDZRR.gif

Edit: Man, just accidentally posted this on my mobile. No idea how that happened, lol.

While I'm still at it, why do you all think he took that puff on the JRE experience? In my opinion, it seems like he only did it to provoke. And the media reacted just the way he expected them to. What was the motive? I've no idea.

But come on. Joe didn't push him. He made an effort to take that no-inhale hit, as if he only wanted to give the perfect shot to every churnalist who sat with their face glued to the screen, watching the stream. A big "F*ck you", basically.

People can call him a robot how much they want. The guy probably put more thoughts into his actions than what at first sight was apparent.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I mean i’m kind of late, but i just listened to the call. He’s right. Those questions were boring. Dude, this guy is a genius hell-bent on saving the human species by colonizing mars

He doesn’t care about questions regarding Q4 earnings or portfolio management, and what percentage of people are customizing cars. Like seriously? You basically have Tony Stark on the phone and that’s the BS you ask him?

Journalists are irresponsible for making Teslas look less safe than other vehicles. The fact is that self driving vehicles lead to a net loss in the amount of vehicular fatalities.

People focus on Tesla crashes because they’re interesting and sell headlines.

Autonomous cars are statistically much safer than the boneheads behind the wheel who half the time are putting on makeup, texting or surfing Wikipedia.

Let’s say there are 1 million crashes from regular cars. Then magically every car is autonomous and they start focusing on EVERY death from autonomous crashes. The next year there are 100,000 crashes. The then the newspapers started putting out headlines “100,000 dead this year in Tesla crashes!”.. you know.. not “we saved 900,000 lives by switching to a safer technology"

I hear so many people say things like “autonomous cars aren’t safe! some guy died last week!” Yea well 43535 guys died last week in regular cars. But since a TESLA crash is interesting, and a regular crash isn’t ... it sells papers. and granted the safety claims are usually from the uneducated, but uneducated people vote too.

Don’t meant to get into politics but it’s the same irresponsible sensationalist BS that got a reality TV show star elected as the president of the United States. They decided “OMG LET’S FOCUS ON THIS CIRCUS SIDESHOW” cuz it sold PAPERS, and then all his bizarre antics got him enough attention to get a reality TV star elected as president. I mean I don’t want to get political and i apologize but it’s relevant to the journalistic irresponsibility conversation.

They do shit to sell papers. Teslas driving are much safer than humans. Period. But by focusing in on it, it makes it seem more common than it really is.

And selling stock? Once you go public you literally have a legal obligation to the interests of your shareholders. This guy doesn’t want to be beholden to Wall St. This is a man who is literally trying to colonize mars and stop the melting of the polar icecaps before we’re all dead. He doesn’t care about the day to day worries of these Wall Street peasants. So no he’s not crazy.. he’s just too smart for most people to understand.

But yea, i think he’s a little stressed which make him snippy and too honest.

Last edited:

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I mean i’m kind of late, but i just listened to the call. He’s right. Those questions were boring. Dude, this guy is a genius hell-bent on saving the human species by colonizing mars

He doesn’t care about questions regarding Q4 earnings or portfolio management, and what percentage of people are customizing cars. Like seriously? You basically have Tony Stark on the phone and that’s the BS you ask him?
Love the sentiment, but maybe it is the wrong stage?
Not sure about the Berkshire annual meetings, but I think they are decoupled from earnings calls as well!?
Something like that could work, or a Tesla Technology Conference with Keynotes and Q&A. Investors are not interested in knowledge bombs.

Have not followed this thread - probably it has been discussed already but what I really found interesting is the part in the Joe Rogan interview where they talk about air conditioning?
I hope Elon was not just teasing there. If they actually announce a good solution in the near future that might change everything for the company.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Something like that could work, or a Tesla Technology Conference with Keynotes and Q&A. Investors are not interested in knowledge bombs.
Yea but he doesn’t care. His attitude on this type of stuff is probably like “okay let me take time away from building rockets and making sure AI doesn’t kill us all to go do this bullshit earnings call”.. and does it... then when they’re barraging him with boring BS he hits his limit.. i mean don’t get me wrong, I’m sure stress plays a role. You know... having to save humanity from literally killing themselves can probably get tiring.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Love the sentiment, but maybe it is the wrong stage?
Not sure about the Berkshire annual meetings, but I think they are decoupled from earnings calls as well!?
iron-man-terrence-howard-robert-downey-jr-jon-favreau_Fotor.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO

Journalists are irresponsible for making Teslas look less safe than other vehicles. The fact is that self driving vehicles lead to a net loss in the amount of vehicular fatalities.

People focus on Tesla crashes because they’re interesting and sell headlines.

Autonomous cars are statistically much safer than the boneheads behind the wheel who half the time are putting on makeup, texting or surfing Wikipedia.

Let’s say there are 1 million crashes from regular cars. Then magically every car is autonomous and they start focusing on EVERY death from autonomous crashes. The next year there are 100,000 crashes. The then the newspapers started putting out headlines “100,000 dead this year in Tesla crashes!”.. you know.. not “we saved 900,000 lives by switching to a safer technology"

I hear so many people say things like “autonomous cars aren’t safe! some guy died last week!” Yea well 43535 guys died last week in regular cars. But since a TESLA crash is interesting, and a regular crash isn’t ... it sells papers. and granted the safety claims are usually from the uneducated, but uneducated people vote too.

Don’t meant to get into politics but it’s the same irresponsible sensationalist BS that got a reality TV show star elected as the president of the United States. They decided “OMG LET’S FOCUS ON THIS CIRCUS SIDESHOW” cuz it sold PAPERS, and then all his bizarre antics got him enough attention to get a reality TV star elected as president. I mean I don’t want to get political and i apologize but it’s relevant to the journalistic irresponsibility conversation.

They do sh*t to sell papers. Teslas driving are much safer than humans. Period. But by focusing in on it, it makes it seem more common than it really is.

And selling stock? Once you go public you literally have a legal obligation to the interests of your shareholders. This guy doesn’t want to be beholden to Wall St. This is a man who is literally trying to colonize mars and stop the melting of the polar icecaps before we’re all dead. He doesn’t care about the day to day worries of these Wall Street peasants. So no he’s not crazy.. he’s just too smart for most people to understand.

But yea, i think he’s a little stressed which make him snippy and too honest.

@ChrisV Chill with the exaggerrated font sizes. Bolding and capitalizing text is more than enough emphasis.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
It's no measure of health to be well adjusted in a profoundly sick world. Read that on a bathroom wall or fortune cookie or something.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
It's no measure of health to be well adjusted in a profoundly sick world. Read that on a bathroom wall or fortune cookie or something.

I had a good friend in middle/high school who drew turkeys in random costumes over his homework and tests. At lunch he would hang upside down and play the flute outside.

He was a "good student" so the teachers and staff never bothered him, but all the while they'd tease him saying he's special. He'd come back with, "I'm not crazy you're crazy. Everyone else is crazy, I'm the sane one."

He said it in a playful/sarcastic tone, but I'm starting to think he was right.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
When I was a kid, whenever we'd see crazy sh*t my dad would say "Well, bud, everybody is crazy but me and you... and I'm starting to have my doubts about you".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.