The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you do with unlimited supply of spare carpet pieces?

Idea threads

vrenovation

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 1, 2021
Hi!
I'm about a month away from launching my Fastlane idea that I have been working on for a long time.
In the meantime I am looking for side hustles to do. Im already making more plants out of my houseplants and planning on making about 2500 with that. It only costed me 60$ in materials and about 6 hours of my time, plus a couple weeks of watering. I already had the plants.
I also install backsplashes for a living with my own company. I only work maybe 8-10 days a month and support me my husband and our son. This allowed me to be able to spend time with my family since my son was born.
Anyways I have access to unlimited spare cuts of brand new carpets. I always thought how awfully wasteful it is to just throw them away. There are very fairly big sizes in there too.
Other than the obvious (from the books cat trees) what would you do with them? Like something crafty or anything that could repurpose them?
I cant think of anything but I would love to repurpose them somehow instead of throwing them in the landfill.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Doggie stairs.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Hi!
I'm about a month away from launching my Fastlane idea that I have been working on for a long time.
In the meantime I am looking for side hustles to do. Im already making more plants out of my houseplants and planning on making about 2500 with that. It only costed me 60$ in materials and about 6 hours of my time, plus a couple weeks of watering. I already had the plants.
I also install backsplashes for a living with my own company. I only work maybe 8-10 days a month and support me my husband and our son. This allowed me to be able to spend time with my family since my son was born.
Anyways I have access to unlimited spare cuts of brand new carpets. I always thought how awfully wasteful it is to just throw them away. There are very fairly big sizes in there too.
Other than the obvious (from the books cat trees) what would you do with them? Like something crafty or anything that could repurpose them?
I cant think of anything but I would love to repurpose them somehow instead of throwing them in the landfill.
  • Cut into small circles/squares for drink coasters? (might need to add something to the base to make it more stable)
  • Cut into welcome mat shape/size and embroider with patterns/words?
  • Cut into step/stair size and nail onto stairs to prevent slipping with wet shoes and to preserve wood stairs? (stair treads)
  • A mini putting green (if the carpet isn't too thick)?
  • Nail a small piece to a small board and make a garden kneeler? (to protect your knees when pulling weeds, planting, etc.)
  • Cut into squares of the same dimensions to make carpet tiles? People use these in basements or rooms with stone floors to make it less cold on bare feet.
Add the "recycled/upcycled material" to your marketing for whatever you decide to on. Lots of people feel the same way you do - they don't want to add more junk to the landfill.

Awesome way to make something out of nothing, by the way!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
depends on what kind they are.
maybe temporary protective flooring for a workshop

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
I took some free samples I got from Home Depot and wrapped it around a stick when I first got my puppy. Stopped him from chewing on the rugs while his teeth pressed through, took about 15 mins to make plus glue time - There's not really a carpet/rug dog toy that helps soothe their chewing like that, might be a hit. Who Knows?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.