The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you do with $1,000?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
If I was in that position I would buy low sell high. Find stuff to flip or resell.

Craigslist and ebay are your friend.

Tools and materials are cheap at walmart and home depot. You can flip items.

Or if you live in an apartment complex learn how to detail cars and offer tenants the service.

Now I know none of this is gonna make you rich but they're baby steps.

It's small value but at least its value and you learn. Better than nothing.

Don't stress if you can't build a million dollar company at 19, very few do.

Jerwood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Sep 10, 2017
Paignton, Devon, UK
Honestly, it depends on your skill sets.

If you've got the gift of the gab, buy a cheap phone and start cold calling, there are plenty of things to start calling for with NO cash needed.
You don't need to be the worlds best sales person to make money from home on the phone, just invest time into learning by picking up the phone.

G

GuestUser92

if i have 1000, i would treat my family, and build an internet based business like very useful web apps and or get a mini food business started :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
if i have 1000, i would treat my family, and build an internet based business like very useful web apps and or get a mini food business started :)

Love the idea of internet businesses, but I worry that without scale and infinite iteration a mini food business is just creating another job.

G

GuestUser92

Love the idea of internet businesses, but I worry that without scale and infinite iteration a mini food business is just creating another job.
right on the spot! about the mini food business, if i overcome that obstacle of scale and iteration and addressed the need, like if my neighborhood like the health conscious type eaters, i would probably produce like a green tea cake , or sushi-sashimi combo, etc.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
right on the spot! about the mini food business, if i overcome that obstacle of scale and iteration and addressed the need, like if my neighborhood like the health conscious type eaters, i would probably produce like a green tea cake , or sushi-sashimi combo, etc.

I spent a lot of time in Japan and have a very strong love for the culture, the people, the county. Please do not make a mini sushi-sashimi combo restaurant without actually hiring a real Japanese Sushi Chef. My only ask.

G

GuestUser92

I spent a lot of time in Japan and have a very strong love for the culture, the people, the county. Please do not make a mini sushi-sashimi combo restaurant without actually hiring a real Japanese Sushi Chef. My only ask.
yes, thanks for the advice ;)

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Scaling a food/coffee business is very difficult and you need to provide something new..like i'm trying to do with my concept.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
Scaling a food/coffee business is very difficult and you need to provide something new..like i'm trying to do with my concept.

Personally I find food businesses to be in the Passion category. I know I couldn't do it easily if at all. I admire anyone that can build and then scale a food business. I admire your courage in attempting it. If you make it though, that is some serious Fastlane there!

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Personally I find food businesses to be in the Passion category. I know I couldn't do it easily if at all. I admire anyone that can build and then scale a food business. I admire your courage in attempting it. If you make it though, that is some serious Fastlane there!
Indeed, but this is the kind of passion you can exploit to create something scalable and in the fastlane.
This is very difficult and in contrary of e-business, it required a lot of H.R, a lot of time to train these people and to scale.

I mean, my real passion since little is Automotive, i could literally spend all my time driving/racing without being bored..but the only possibility is to become a car test driver for manufacturer or professionnal racecar driver, both required a lot of money every year (Racecar driver courses : 70k/per year).
Despite all my enthusiasm, becoming a pilot these days does not earn a lot of money, so why not try to create something in my coffee world and later buy myself the cars I like if I get to scale the project, that's the plan.

But yes, if Redbull or someone else contact me tomorrow for being the next fulltime new driver, i would drop everything even if would be paid nothing.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
1 : Open a ebay account

2: Research value of branded clothes visit flea markets and then just hustle and grinde 24/7

3: When you have double your money start looking for wholesale suppliers import products and keep selling
This is terrible advice because most stuff at Flea markets is fake.

If you do this and can’t tell a real Gucci from a fake Gucci, you’re gonna just get ripped off and/or kicked off eBay for selling knockoffs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.