The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What to eat if you can't cook/fry/boil anything?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
Update:
I was literally PUSHED out of the kitchen right now. Wtf man?
I'll go opt for plan b. I'll create something with the help of your tips.
This shit F*cking hurts...
Stay strong brother!

Time for plan B:
Buy a cheap electric cooking plate (~ $20) to use in another room for these kinds of situations. Please be careful with it, it needs to be placed far away from anything that might catch fire.

I remember when I was in your situation (~10 years ago) I got to a point where I bought a cheap minifridge and placed the electric plate on top of it, and that was basically my small kitchen in my bedroom. :rofl:

Good old times.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Stay strong brother!

Time for plan B:
Buy a cheap electric cooking plate (~ $20) to use in another room for these kinds of situations. Please be careful with it, it needs to be placed far away from anything that might catch fire.

I remember when I was in your situation (~10 years ago) I got to a point where I bought a cheap minifridge and placed the electric plate on top of it, and that was basically my small kitchen in my bedroom. :rofl:

Good old times.
If you can spend more ($60-$100), an induction cooktop is moderately safer.

I’d recommend a microwave as well as the hotplate and the minifridge. You can almost certainly find a fridge and microwave for cheap or free on Craigslist or facebook groups.

Oh, make sure you get yourself a little fire extinguisher as well. Safety first!

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I promise you. Try my tip 1 time. Wake up BEFORE everyone else and make the food. It will change your life in like a second.
I looked into a few videos and it looks good. I think I'll try it if I get a fridge and induction top because I can't use the fridge in the kitchen because of space and the people there.
Thank you for the tip! I'll try it if I decide to get fridge+induction top.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Stay strong brother!

Time for plan B:
Thank you for the tips and amazing support! You always comment and help out. Thank you!'
I'll keep in mind to not die ;)

Good old times.
Also, lmfao. Sounds like good times indeed...
If you can spend more ($60-$100), an induction cooktop is moderately safer.

I’d recommend a microwave as well as the hotplate and the minifridge. You can almost certainly find a fridge and microwave for cheap or free on Craigslist or facebook groups.
Thank you! I'll keep in mind to not buy something cheap.
Oh, make sure you get yourself a little fire extinguisher as well. Safety first!
Fire extinguisher? Sounds too expensive. I think I'll just get a bucket of sand or smth LMAO.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
Also, lmfao. Sounds like good times indeed...
Trust me.
Looking back at that stage in my life makes me very nostalgic.

I know that in the moment it doesn't feel like a good thing. The anger, the frustration, the resentment. I understand how you feel perfectly.

But what you don't realize is that at this very moment, by learning how to cook and managing to create your own space that you have control over, you are taking the first steps towards independence. You are programming yourself for your future success.

Never, under any circumstance, view yourself as the victim - no matter how frustrating the situation is. Everything that you think, feel and do at this age will get recorded into your system and will shape you personality and behavioral tendencies that you will carry with you in your adult life.

Your teenage years will not last forever, but your habits and behavior will. And you are doing an amazing job at practicing being a winner, practicing being independent. Taking action instead of complaining.

PS:
I know I've said this in the previous post, but if you are not already doing it, start training hard in the gym immediately. It will teach you more things than you can imagine.

It's extremely important.

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 9, 2019
I looked into a few videos and it looks good. I think I'll try it if I get a fridge and induction top because I can't use the fridge in the kitchen because of space and the people there.
Thank you for the tip! I'll try it if I decide to get fridge+induction top.
If you decide to cook outside a kitchen. Better to go with rice cooker, micro-wave, air fryer and egg cooker.
It wont leave any grease and its super easy to clean.
You can buy all theese stuff used or just get it for free.
Ask in like facebook marketplace.
You will be surprised how mych free stuff you can get if you offer to just come and pick it up so people dont have to do the effort of throwing it away.

A while back. I read about a man who refurbished his hole house for 0.
He got everyrhing from paint, yacuzzis, stoves etc for free. He just offerd to come and get it

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
PS:
I know I've said this in the previous post, but if you are not already doing it, start training hard in the gym immediately. It will teach you more things than you can imagine.
I just hit leg day. I was in the gym for the first time in...2 months today...?
Felt great and wasn't as intimidating as my dumb mind made it up for the last 2 months.
After that, I went shopping for one college block (that's their name, right?) and went home. It was really nice.
Also, thank you for the message and warning! I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks and have a good day!

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
If you decide to cook outside a kitchen. Better to go with rice cooker, micro-wave, air fryer and egg cooker.
It wont leave any grease and its super easy to clean.
You can buy all theese stuff used or just get it for free.
Ask in like facebook marketplace.
You will be surprised how mych free stuff you can get if you offer to just come and pick it up so people dont have to do the effort of throwing it away.
Thank you for the tip! I'll see if I can replace the pan with the other things you mentioned.
A while back. I read about a man who refurbished his hole house for 0.
He got everyrhing from paint, yacuzzis, stoves etc for free. He just offerd to come and get it
Interesting... I might ask in my town's FB group.

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 9, 2019
I just hit leg day. I was in the gym for the first time in...2 months today...?
Felt great and wasn't as intimidating as my dumb mind made it up for the last 2 months.
After that, I went shopping for one college block (that's their name, right?) and went home. It was really nice.
Also, thank you for the message and warning! I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks and have a good day!
Great you have started to workout. Best medicine there is for the mind.
Also a suggestion. Try a class of martial arts, be it BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai, MMA, TMA (traditional martial arts) etc. Just pick one/ a few you think will be fun.
Dont be afraid. Its awezome once you have faced your fears and tried it a few times. And EVERYONE is nervous the first time. Heck, even I who have trained since 15, (am 35 now) and been in the army for 7 years still become nervous when trying a new gym.
However, its awezome and will teach you alot of things. Confidence, dicipline, courage, hard work etc. The physical is just a bonus.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Great you have started to workout. Best medicine there is for the mind.
Also a suggestion. Try a class of martial arts, be it BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai, MMA, TMA (traditional martial arts) etc. Just pick one/ a few you think will be fun.
Dont be afraid. Its awezome once you have faced your fears and tried it a few times. And EVERYONE is nervous the first time. Heck, even I who have trained since 15, (am 35 now) and been in the army for 7 years still become nervous when trying a new gym.
However, its awezome and will teach you alot of things. Confidence, dicipline, courage, hard work etc. The physical is just a bonus.
Thank you for recommendation!
The idea of joining a martial arts course has been in my head for a long time and I think it's not beneficial in my case.
-I already have too little time in my week. I'd need to go there and practise at home.
-I'm scared of injuring myself (especially because of the wrist, I'm a pianist)

Thank you for the tip though!

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 9, 2019
Thank you for recommendation!
The idea of joining a martial arts course has been in my head for a long time and I think it's not beneficial in my case.
-I already have too little time in my week. I'd need to go there and practise at home.
-I'm scared of injuring myself (especially because of the wrist, I'm a pianist)

Thank you for the tip though!
Yeah. If you are a pianist then its not a good idea. Hand and wrist injuries do exists, however injuries are less common than people imagine.
My wife who was an avid martial artists had to swap because of the same reason, scared of hand/wrist injuries. She also need her hands and fine motor work in her job.

Miha99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 21, 2022
(I couldn't find anything on the internet so now I am here)
I do have a kitchen at my familiy's home where I live, however making any healthy cooking habits is simply not possible/unsustainable there (usually messy kitchen, everybody is there and wants something from you or somebody roasts you because you cooked your egg for 2 seconds too long).
I tried it mulitple times and no success.

So my question: If I were to stack fruits, vegetables and nuts in my room and just eat them "raw", which ones should I buy/eat and will it cover my needed nutrients? I also want to eat a lot of protein, though I think I'll just eat plenty of peanuts as a strategy...

I hope this is ok to ask on here! I'm a bit of a lost cause when it comes to healthy eating.
If you don't like to cook, you can start eating raw meat and raw foods.
Yeah I know you can't believe what I just said, and it sounds crazy, I know it does but I have been eating raw meat (obviously from a good source from my local butcher not supermarkwt meat) for over 2 years and my health is amazing. Strenght gains, mental focus, Libido over the top, perfect digestion, no acne, a lot of energy, fullfilment and happiness...
I recommended Weston Price book Nutrition and phyisical degeneration, Dr Natasha Cambell Mcbride about the dangers of veganism, Sv3rige was a good info source but his chanel got taken down.
And before people start calling me crazy I completely understand you and I also thought it ia disgusting and crazy until I startes my own research. So Please istead of beeing defensive try to be Objective and research it first.
I already know what some of you may think :
"Bro you're gonna get sallomenella, you're going to die" ect...
No, bacteria is healtgy for you, we are made out of bacteria and it makes us Thrive.
So if you want to get red pilled about food ans diet, do your Research and you will be shocked.
Eat meat be healthy, eat Liver it's the most nutritous food out there, Raw milk and raw butter as well.

View: https://youtu.be/T7OQT1SHf9w
I recommend watching this.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
If you don't like to cook, you can start eating raw meat and raw foods.
Yeah I know you can't believe what I just said, and it sounds crazy, I know it does but I have been eating raw meat (obviously from a good source from my local butcher not supermarkwt meat) for over 2 years and my health is amazing. Strenght gains, mental focus, Libido over the top, perfect digestion, no acne, a lot of energy, fullfilment and happiness...
I recommended Weston Price book Nutrition and phyisical degeneration, Dr Natasha Cambell Mcbride about the dangers of veganism, Sv3rige was a good info source but his chanel got taken down.
And before people start calling me crazy I completely understand you and I also thought it ia disgusting and crazy until I startes my own research. So Please istead of beeing defensive try to be Objective and research it first.
I already know what some of you may think :
"Bro you're gonna get sallomenella, you're going to die" ect...
No, bacteria is healtgy for you, we are made out of bacteria and it makes us Thrive.
So if you want to get red pilled about food ans diet, do your Research and you will be shocked.
Eat meat be healthy, eat Liver it's the most nutritous food out there, Raw milk and raw butter as well.

View: https://youtu.be/T7OQT1SHf9w
I recommend watching this.
Thank you, but I think I'll pass. Meat is hella expensive and I also feel kinda uncomfortable about the thought.
But good for you if it's working for you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.