The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What to do when looking for a mentor...

Valle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 27, 2015
Hello!

So I'm in the process of starting an e-com business withing flower delivery and I would love to get a mentor that can guide me through the process since this would be my first real business.
I know some people in my area who would fit perfectly and I would like to ask them. The thing is just how do I make it an attractive offer for them as well?

What can I offer the mentor making it worth their time and attention mentoring me?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Togata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 22, 2021
There’s a whole thread for this question, hope you find your response

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Hello!

So I'm in the process of starting an e-com business withing flower delivery and I would love to get a mentor that can guide me through the process since this would be my first real business.
I know some people in my area who would fit perfectly and I would like to ask them. The thing is just how do I make it an attractive offer for them as well?

What can I offer the mentor making it worth their time and attention mentoring me?
You need to ask yourself if you really need a mentor, or if you are using it as an excuse to not start.

Business is simple, have something people want... And get it infront of the people who want it.

Buy some flowers, and start selling them. You don't need a mentor for that. Post the flowers on Facebook and Craigslist for local delivery. Make custom packages for parties or weddings.

Heck stand on the corner and start selling them next to red lights.

Your best bet is to just get started. I promise you will learn 100x more by taking action than you will spending the time to find a mentor.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I agree with @Empires on this. Then talk to people. Lots of people! On this Forum and in person. Check out the SBA if you're here in the States as there are a LOT of free resources available.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

Valle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 27, 2015
You need to ask yourself if you really need a mentor, or if you are using it as an excuse to not start.

Business is simple, have something people want... And get it infront of the people who want it.

Buy some flowers, and start selling them. You don't need a mentor for that. Post the flowers on Facebook and Craigslist for local delivery. Make custom packages for parties or weddings.

Heck stand on the corner and start selling them next to red lights.

Your best bet is to just get started. I promise you will learn 100x more by taking action than you will spending the time to find a mentor.
Hi!
To be honest I think that you are right. I know all the steps that needs to be done but what I think I'm actually is looking for is a person who can confirm my thoughts and actions because I feel a bit scared taking actions if I fail. I just need to be a bit braver I think...

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hello!

I agree. You can find a mentor. Do your own research. I would study the Netherlands, or other European countries over here. You can find on You Tube. They have a lot of stuff I never seen in the U.S. in the floral business and different perspective.

All you really need to do is go to your local florists and walk around and see what they offer to the community. Then do something completely different and you stand out. You can have the same options plus you can have something totally unique. Also check your prices around the area. Tweak it a bit. Creativity is the key. That comes with you just gathering different materials and becoming the artist.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hello!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlM68qDJjhs

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Hi!
To be honest I think that you are right. I know all the steps that needs to be done but what I think I'm actually is looking for is a person who can confirm my thoughts and actions because I feel a bit scared taking actions if I fail. I just need to be a bit braver I think...
Fear is good it means you are stepping out of your comfort zone! Keep it up.

The forum is always here to help you if you need a push in the right direction. Start a progress thread and start taking action. Whenever you get stuck, post your problems on the forum and maybe someone will be able to guide you in the right direction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.