The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What to do when looking for a mentor...

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Valle

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 27, 2015
Hello!

So I'm in the process of starting an e-com business withing flower delivery and I would love to get a mentor that can guide me through the process since this would be my first real business.
I know some people in my area who would fit perfectly and I would like to ask them. The thing is just how do I make it an attractive offer for them as well?

What can I offer the mentor making it worth their time and attention mentoring me?

Togata

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 22, 2021
There’s a whole thread for this question, hope you find your response

Empires

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Hello!

So I'm in the process of starting an e-com business withing flower delivery and I would love to get a mentor that can guide me through the process since this would be my first real business.
I know some people in my area who would fit perfectly and I would like to ask them. The thing is just how do I make it an attractive offer for them as well?

What can I offer the mentor making it worth their time and attention mentoring me?
You need to ask yourself if you really need a mentor, or if you are using it as an excuse to not start.

Business is simple, have something people want... And get it infront of the people who want it.

Buy some flowers, and start selling them. You don't need a mentor for that. Post the flowers on Facebook and Craigslist for local delivery. Make custom packages for parties or weddings.

Heck stand on the corner and start selling them next to red lights.

Your best bet is to just get started. I promise you will learn 100x more by taking action than you will spending the time to find a mentor.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I agree with @Empires on this. Then talk to people. Lots of people! On this Forum and in person. Check out the SBA if you're here in the States as there are a LOT of free resources available.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007

Valle

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 27, 2015
You need to ask yourself if you really need a mentor, or if you are using it as an excuse to not start.

Business is simple, have something people want... And get it infront of the people who want it.

Buy some flowers, and start selling them. You don't need a mentor for that. Post the flowers on Facebook and Craigslist for local delivery. Make custom packages for parties or weddings.

Heck stand on the corner and start selling them next to red lights.

Your best bet is to just get started. I promise you will learn 100x more by taking action than you will spending the time to find a mentor.
Hi!
To be honest I think that you are right. I know all the steps that needs to be done but what I think I'm actually is looking for is a person who can confirm my thoughts and actions because I feel a bit scared taking actions if I fail. I just need to be a bit braver I think...

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
Hello!

I agree. You can find a mentor. Do your own research. I would study the Netherlands, or other European countries over here. You can find on You Tube. They have a lot of stuff I never seen in the U.S. in the floral business and different perspective.

All you really need to do is go to your local florists and walk around and see what they offer to the community. Then do something completely different and you stand out. You can have the same options plus you can have something totally unique. Also check your prices around the area. Tweak it a bit. Creativity is the key. That comes with you just gathering different materials and becoming the artist.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
Hello!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlM68qDJjhs

Empires

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Hi!
To be honest I think that you are right. I know all the steps that needs to be done but what I think I'm actually is looking for is a person who can confirm my thoughts and actions because I feel a bit scared taking actions if I fail. I just need to be a bit braver I think...
Fear is good it means you are stepping out of your comfort zone! Keep it up.

The forum is always here to help you if you need a push in the right direction. Start a progress thread and start taking action. Whenever you get stuck, post your problems on the forum and maybe someone will be able to guide you in the right direction.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Great post here from @themarkboogie He only started learning code in Jan of this year also...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom