The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What time do you start your day?

anunez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 13, 2007
Bay area
I was just curious to know what time do the millionaires of the forum start their day. Do you have a set schedule that you follow religiously? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

White8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 6, 2007
Salem, OR
I'm not to that level yet but I start every day at 05:45 (unless the cat wants out and wakes me earlier, sometimes much earlier) with breakfast and the newspaper followed by a quick look at business sale and realtor sites and a couple of these sorts forums to glean ideas. I normally go to bed around 10:00pm unless I have an interesting project to work on and spend around an hour thinking about the day and possible projects before I fall asleep.

I think a person should start their day at the best time for them personally. I'm a morning person and have also found that I tend to lose motivation if I have to spend too much time sitting around waiting.

Hoop

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Dec 8, 2007
Because I am on the west coast, I get up at 5am so that I can be on the phone with the east coast as soon as they start their day. I also let east coasters know that they can start calling me at 5am...for some reason, they always take me up on it, hoping to catch me sleeping. They never do, but because they tried, I become very close to the first order of business in their day.

If no phone calls, I use the time to think, exercise, and watch the news...usually simultaneously.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
I get up at 6am
but then I go to bed between 12 and 2.

During the summer,
I like to go to bed around 4am
and wake up at 8.

You sleep between 6 and 4 hours??? Thats impressive!!
Were you born like that or did you followed some system? I could really use a few hours more per day!

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
I'm not a millionaire, but my day starts at 5:15am and ends at about 11pm. I could end it earlier, but I am now utilizing after-work time to get things done for the fastlane track. I used to be "tired" at about 9:30, but now that I have a new goal besides getting ahead in my J.O.B, I have to make myself go to bed by 11.

- John

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Were you born like that or did you followed some system? I could really use a few hours more per day!

I was born like that.
I drove my Mom crazy.
LOL

Though it does help success-wise.
Think of how much I can get done
with the extra hours.

(Especially combined with speed reading,
which I reco for anyone and everyone)

bpk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 13, 2008
I'm up for school around 6:30, and then go to bed quite late, usually at the earliest 12 or so. I can't understand how people spend so much time sleeping. To me that time can be spent in better ways, working on something, or thinking up new ideas.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I'm in HS, too, but I get up a little later. I'm usually late to 1st period, but I wake up around 7:15 or 7:30. I go to sleep pretty late, though. The earliest I get to bed is usually around 12:30, but most of the time closer to 1:30 or 2. That explains why I can't focus during my 1st period class. I'm not a morning person by any means.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
I get up around noon. :smx3:

bpk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 13, 2008
^^ Lucky guy. I wish I could sleep till just about 9, because I'm never awake for first period anyways. But I have to concentrate now, as midterms are starting Friday and last for a week.

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
since im still at school i have to get up around 8 and then i usually go to bed at 11. Im diagnosed with a sleeping disorder so i have to take pills to put me to sleep otherwise im up for days :coco:

David

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
Sydney
Im not a millionaire but I start my day everday 7am and hit the crib around 11pm as I have work everday except Saturday. Unless I have a hard night partying friday I dont start the day until maybe 4pm on a Saturday? lol

Vicious

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 18, 2007
SoCal

I'm the same way, if I go to bed at midnight and am up at 6:30 it's a good nights sleep.

Majoring in engineering did it to me... and working full time through college. :coco:

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
I seem to have two sleep modi, one is the normal work day routine sleeping from 12 to 6:30. The other is from 12 to 8:30 e.g. during holidays. Takes some days to slip from one to the other mode but then it´s stable for some time without needing an alarm clock. While I mentally prefer the short sleep cycle, I feel that the other is more healthy for me in the long run.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
I get up at 6 am and go for a 7 km run every morning. In the summer I run through the woods close to my home and in the winter I run on the street. After the run I take a shower and have breakfast. I'm usually ready to sit behind my desk and start doing work at 7.15 am.
I go to bed between 12 and 1 am. So I have enough with 5 to 6 hours sleep. Between around my 17th and 40th I needed only 4 hours.

bigmako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 25, 2008
California
Man! Some of you people sleep late!
I, myself am a morning person getting up at 4:45AM and getting back into bed about 11PM!

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
I get up for classes at 8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 9 on Monday,Wednesday, and Friday. I work as a security guard from on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 10:30pm-4am. Saturdays and Sundays I sleep til noon due to the social life haha. Sleep is addictive for me though, so I try and not get into bad habits of sleeping in.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I wake up at 8 and go to bed around 11... I have no idea how you guys get by with less than 8 or 9 hours of sleep a night, I'd be a zombie!!! ;)

I used to try it in high school and college, but I'd always take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon to compensate.

- Hakrjak

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Sometimes the college schedule really sucks.

On weekends - it is usually great. Who else here woke up at 3pm lately? (umm.. after a 5am fire alarm call that you had to take care of? lol)

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Sometimes the college schedule really sucks.

On weekends - it is usually great. Who else here woke up at 3pm lately? (umm.. after a 5am fire alarm call that you had to take care of? lol)
I wake up at 3PM quite often!!!!

Weekends kick a$$. I don't like to, though. I usually feel like it's a waste of a day. I've been trying to get more regular sleep recently, but it's kinda hard when I know that I don't HAVE TO be asleep.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Up at 5:30, down at midnight-ish.

I still have a "real" job. So I spend as many of my evening hours as possible preparing for the next step. I once heard that "What you do from 9-5 makes your living; what you do from 5-9 makes your lifestyle!"

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Jill,
I'm curious where you heard that quote from?I knew some people that used to say that all the time....
M&T

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Jill,
I'm curious where you heard that quote from?I knew some people that used to say that all the time....
M&T
From the ole MLM stage of my life, many years ago.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I'd say it is just common sense - what you do outside your job is what counts in life.

Unless you have a kick a$$ job, then that is added as well.. Being defined by your job is a sad thing IMO

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Jill,
I knew it as soon as I read it.Hahaha-that is funny.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.