- Joined
- Aug 20, 2012
- Messages
- 658
Rep Bank
$1,205
$1,205
User Power: 74%
Hey Everybody, get ready for a post that will leave you wondering what the hell I am talking about, or feeling a direct relation. The area I come from has bred tons of people who most would look at and call assholes... when you're born here though, that usually creates an immunity to it, making it unable to see, but I guess I'm just different.
I remember back in grade school I could call a friend up and make plans 2 weeks from when we originally agreed, I wouldn't even have to call them and they would be there at the time they had said. Sure, parents were involved with driving us places, but the point still stands- if you made plans, you showed up!
I thought that, that would have been a principle of importance, one that would have stuck with people throughout life...was I wrong?
I cannot call a "FRIEND" anymore, and say "Hey man, wanna meet up at noon tomorrow?". The replies are never just "A little early for me, but yeah lets get the day started early, I'm down!" ( Yes, that is early for most of the people I know).
No, the responses are always "Yeah, if nothing comes up!" "I'm not sure, I'll let you know tomorrow". That burns me up. You guys reading this could say "Well that is him being convenient! He is letting you know that he may not be sure, so he is giving you a heads up not to really plan!" (IF that made sense)
You know how I See it? And it is almost as if I HEAR it this way through the phone and it is insulting as hell - "Yeah, we can hang out... unless someone I like more than you contacts me!". Seriously, you really cannot make solid plans? Other plans DON'T come up for me because I PLANNED WITH YOU! I hope people reading this understand my point fully, let me try this again. I would not say "Yeah, if nothing comes up!", nothing else will interfere with my plans with you tomorrow, because I made plans with you!
You know what, I'm gonna relax a little as I type this lol.
On top of that, kids seem like they just use, use, use. My business partner (I guess I can use that term now, the word "Friend" has been stripped from him.) was once a really good friend of mine, until he met my neighbor. She is this girl who he became obsessed with. After a month of dating, he cut me off. Anytime we'd make plans, he'd go "Hey man....mind if she comes a long too?". Yeah bro, I mind. Why would I call you up and say we need to have a serious talk about the website, why? So other people could chime in and talk about posts they saw on facebook? Without sounding like a douche I would be tempted to turn around and say - "YOU AREN'T HERE TO TALK, YOU ARE HERE TO LISTEN". (I'd never be that rude though). So now I see this kid outside of her house, which is literally - LITERALLY, the house next to me, and he never stops by or gives me a call to say hi, no, never. He got into the real estate thing too with another kid and now he completely blew me off for him and her, I guess I am of no use, because he cannot use me.
The worst part is, is that I still need to contact him since he invested in the website, so he agreed to pay the freelancer charges if I ran the site and figured everything out. While that is an amazing deal, he know thinks of himself like a shark I guess, almost like he cannot even be my friend because he is too much of a big shot. It pains me to contact him for money, because now I feel like the user. The difference is though, he only wants to use me and not be my friend, I wanted to be his friend but I cannot just let my website crumble because of this, you've gotta pull through.
You see, most of the kids are talentless. I mean that too, LITERALLY GOOD AT NOTHING. Like that one Hospin song that MJ posted "YOU'RE A F*ckING ADULT WITH NO SKILLS AT ALL!". They do nothing, they have nothing productive to work on, at all. They work, they eat, they sleep, REPEAT. Why am I even hanging around these kids anymore? Shutting up and focusing on myself would probably be better...
So yeah, just an interesting little post/rant that some of you may be able to relate to.
BTW, this video triggered this rant.
Demonius Vlog - What Is A Friend? - YouTube
I remember back in grade school I could call a friend up and make plans 2 weeks from when we originally agreed, I wouldn't even have to call them and they would be there at the time they had said. Sure, parents were involved with driving us places, but the point still stands- if you made plans, you showed up!
I thought that, that would have been a principle of importance, one that would have stuck with people throughout life...was I wrong?
I cannot call a "FRIEND" anymore, and say "Hey man, wanna meet up at noon tomorrow?". The replies are never just "A little early for me, but yeah lets get the day started early, I'm down!" ( Yes, that is early for most of the people I know).
No, the responses are always "Yeah, if nothing comes up!" "I'm not sure, I'll let you know tomorrow". That burns me up. You guys reading this could say "Well that is him being convenient! He is letting you know that he may not be sure, so he is giving you a heads up not to really plan!" (IF that made sense)
You know how I See it? And it is almost as if I HEAR it this way through the phone and it is insulting as hell - "Yeah, we can hang out... unless someone I like more than you contacts me!". Seriously, you really cannot make solid plans? Other plans DON'T come up for me because I PLANNED WITH YOU! I hope people reading this understand my point fully, let me try this again. I would not say "Yeah, if nothing comes up!", nothing else will interfere with my plans with you tomorrow, because I made plans with you!
You know what, I'm gonna relax a little as I type this lol.
On top of that, kids seem like they just use, use, use. My business partner (I guess I can use that term now, the word "Friend" has been stripped from him.) was once a really good friend of mine, until he met my neighbor. She is this girl who he became obsessed with. After a month of dating, he cut me off. Anytime we'd make plans, he'd go "Hey man....mind if she comes a long too?". Yeah bro, I mind. Why would I call you up and say we need to have a serious talk about the website, why? So other people could chime in and talk about posts they saw on facebook? Without sounding like a douche I would be tempted to turn around and say - "YOU AREN'T HERE TO TALK, YOU ARE HERE TO LISTEN". (I'd never be that rude though). So now I see this kid outside of her house, which is literally - LITERALLY, the house next to me, and he never stops by or gives me a call to say hi, no, never. He got into the real estate thing too with another kid and now he completely blew me off for him and her, I guess I am of no use, because he cannot use me.
The worst part is, is that I still need to contact him since he invested in the website, so he agreed to pay the freelancer charges if I ran the site and figured everything out. While that is an amazing deal, he know thinks of himself like a shark I guess, almost like he cannot even be my friend because he is too much of a big shot. It pains me to contact him for money, because now I feel like the user. The difference is though, he only wants to use me and not be my friend, I wanted to be his friend but I cannot just let my website crumble because of this, you've gotta pull through.
You see, most of the kids are talentless. I mean that too, LITERALLY GOOD AT NOTHING. Like that one Hospin song that MJ posted "YOU'RE A F*ckING ADULT WITH NO SKILLS AT ALL!". They do nothing, they have nothing productive to work on, at all. They work, they eat, they sleep, REPEAT. Why am I even hanging around these kids anymore? Shutting up and focusing on myself would probably be better...
So yeah, just an interesting little post/rant that some of you may be able to relate to.
BTW, this video triggered this rant.
Demonius Vlog - What Is A Friend? - YouTube
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
