Hello, my name is Alex. Am currently a high school senior wanting to get rich early rather than late. I have been reading the millionare fastlane book and now am starting to thinking about my choices in college.
I know that college is now very expensive and not worth it in the long run. Also my math class is making me do financial literacy but all that is just some BS plan to make me stuck in the slowlane. I don't want to get stuck in that scenario but at the same time, my parents wants me to go to college. I completely understand why since they know the risks and sacrifices that they went through which is why they would want me to go to college. They have the slowlane mindset which theres nothing that I can do to change their mind off.
So here's my plan, am planning to go to a college that is very cheap. I know my parents are fine with it and can pay it since the cost is like four digits per semester and my school which is private is like 10,000 dollars per year.
But at the same time am not very confident about myself since am going to a college that isn't good on paper. Am comparing myself to others in this scenarios since my friends are applying to low acceptence rate colleges like harvard, columbia, mit, tufts with 4.0+ gpa and 1400+ sat scores while am with 3.7 gpa and 1050 sat score. Am not very confident in my plan since am scared.
Any advice in my college plan and my confidence?
Thank you so much.
I know that college is now very expensive and not worth it in the long run. Also my math class is making me do financial literacy but all that is just some BS plan to make me stuck in the slowlane. I don't want to get stuck in that scenario but at the same time, my parents wants me to go to college. I completely understand why since they know the risks and sacrifices that they went through which is why they would want me to go to college. They have the slowlane mindset which theres nothing that I can do to change their mind off.
So here's my plan, am planning to go to a college that is very cheap. I know my parents are fine with it and can pay it since the cost is like four digits per semester and my school which is private is like 10,000 dollars per year.
But at the same time am not very confident about myself since am going to a college that isn't good on paper. Am comparing myself to others in this scenarios since my friends are applying to low acceptence rate colleges like harvard, columbia, mit, tufts with 4.0+ gpa and 1400+ sat scores while am with 3.7 gpa and 1050 sat score. Am not very confident in my plan since am scared.
Any advice in my college plan and my confidence?
Thank you so much.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
