The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What separates successful people from the rest?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Andrew@Secret

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
May 30, 2014

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Jul 24, 2007
I had no interest in reading this article and don't even know why I clicked the link. This surprised me though.

These are the main points that I try to stay focused on. Not saying that I do, but it is a result that I would like to have.

We are in charge of our own lives. We are in control. We are not victims of circumstances or victims of other people's actions.

Our world is colored by our own belief systems. They are programmed into us by our life experiences and others around us. It helps us immensely when we can understand what our belief systems are. An example of this from my life is that I have always gotten angry when I felt disrespected. If someone on the road cuts me off because it saves them 10 seconds of their life and costs me 5, I would get angry and perhaps flip them off, honk, or flash my lights at them. In all reality I waste MANY seconds of my day. There is no reason at all for me to be angry over someone else's actions. Understanding this is helping me to accept this action as a non-event.

Acceptance of all things. Especially in regards to people, their actions, beliefs and motivations. It is easy for us to think we are right because of our deeply held beliefs.

Living for the experience. We need this. We should savor every experience that we encounter. They can often feel negative but even the bad experiences are valuable. Have you ever been hurt but then talked fondly of it at a later date or even laughed about it? So many small things in life whiz right past us without our noticing.

Obviously this article was written to an audience that is interested in money. It could also be more general than that in that we could use it to be more successful in life

Andrew@Secret

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
May 30, 2014
Glad you were happily surprised by the article!

Our world is colored by our own belief systems. They are programmed into us by our life experiences and others around us. It helps us immensely when we can understand what our belief systems are. An example of this from my life is that I have always gotten angry when I felt disrespected. If someone on the road cuts me off because it saves them 10 seconds of their life and costs me 5, I would get angry and perhaps flip them off, honk, or flash my lights at them. In all reality I waste MANY seconds of my day. There is no reason at all for me to be angry over someone else's actions. Understanding this is helping me to accept this action as a non-event.
Great point. I am the same way. 5 years ago I would have been furious at someone for cutting me off, now I just brush it off my shoulder because it doesn't really matter.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Glad you were happily surprised by the article!

Great point. I am the same way. 5 years ago I would have been furious at someone for cutting me off, now I just brush it off my shoulder because it doesn't really matter.

I feel that that road really shows who a person is. Goal oriented and have a plan of action, or aimlessly commuting back and forth?

Also, for some people driving slow in the fastlane is literally the only thing in their life that gives them power/authority over others, and they relish the idea of forcing others to obey their "rules." I mention this bit because after I told that to a friend of mine prone to road rage, he just giggles at the realization that being a bad driver is all some people have.

Good article.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.