The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What multiple can your company be sold for

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Does anyone have a list or info on what goes into EBITA/the multiple you will be able to sell a company for per industry?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I hate your threads so much, also why is this on the inside?

No doubt you've Googled it by now so can you update the OP with an interesting list like the title makes it sounds like it will have.

G

GuestUser113

I hate your threads so much, also why is this on the inside?

No doubt you've Googled it by now so can you update the OP with an interesting list like the title makes it sounds like it will have.

Getting deep in here. Better get my hip waders on!

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Mitch I honestly do not care what you hate or don't hate. I haven't been on this forum in months because 70% of the people provide no value to me whatsoever. It is filled with young kids that don't understand a broad spectrum of business or investment concepts. With that said there are also many great people here who do.

If you have nothing nice to say please don't respond. I was looking to have an intellectual conversation on multiples based on a business I have partnership in. But that clearly isn't going to happen here.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
After recently reading the Duncan Bannatyne - Riding the Storm book I noticed he was talking about his multiples.

How his fitness/leisure business was 10x now due to recession its 8x.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Does anyone have a list or info on what goes into EBITA/the multiple you will be able to sell a company for per industry?

It will vary substantially based on how much revenue and income you're doing, how long you've been in business, whether you are trending, down or flat, whether your income is diversified, whether any of the income/traffic sources are viewed as "risky" to a buyer, whether you could be acquired strategically or not, etc...

Most published lists are for larger companies, and often don't apply the same way at all to smaller businesses.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Mitch I honestly do not care what you hate or don't hate. I haven't been on this forum in months because 70% of the people provide no value to me whatsoever. It is filled with young kids that don't understand a broad spectrum of business or investment concepts. With that said there are also many great people here who do.

If you have nothing nice to say please don't respond. I was looking to have an intellectual conversation on multiples based on a business I have partnership in. But that clearly isn't going to happen here.

So instead of coming back to change that and provide some value since you sound oh so great, your much anticipated return comes in the form of a thread asking the most broad and stupid question ever which could be answered by a Google search.

If you want to have an intellectual conversation about your company value why don't you provide some details of it and some research you've done on how much you think it might be worth and why. As with anything your company is worth what someone will pay for it, based on the info you've provided that could be anywhere between .50c and 20m. You could try watching a couple of episodes of Shark Tank, that might help a bit too.

I'm sincerely looking forward to your next thread, they are of much better quality and provide so much more value to me than all these young kids that don't understand a broad spectrum of business or investment concepts like you do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.