The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WHAT MOTIVATES YOU!?

Anything related to matters of the mind

elbambino

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 26, 2015
San Diego, California
We are in something great for some reason, what motivates you? whats the reason behind you not getting any sleep and finishing that project? What is it that pushes you on a daily basis? Is it the fear of living in poverty? or is it the legacy you want to leave behind? just curious as to what drives us all to become great...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Nothing. Motivation is a buzzword, means nothing.
I want to make things that have impact. Sure, I want to be free and filthy rich, sure.
But above everything I want to make things that seriously change people's lives.
I guess you could say that my main motivation is not money or freedom, but power.

Last edited:

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
Nothing. Motivation is a buzzword, means nothing.

Motivation is often used as a buzzword, but in this instance it isn't. There will be a reason why you are an Entrepreneur, that is your motivation.

motivation
məʊtɪˈveɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    a reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way.
My motivation is to be completely independent and in complete control of my future.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Motivation is often used as a buzzword, but in this instance it isn't. There will be a reason why you are an Entrepreneur, that is your motivation.

motivation
məʊtɪˈveɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    a reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way.
My motivation is to be completely independent and in complete control of my future.
You're right, I misunderstood the question. Temporary lapse of sanity, I guess? Will edit now.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
ePxdJcm.gif

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Freedom.

I feel EXTREMELY insecure and uncomfortable living paycheck to paycheck. I guess I'm just looking for comfort like the average joe but my standards are way higher.

Mark Bucks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 4, 2015
It's my mission in life that keeps me motivated which is to achieve time and financial freedom so that I can give more time and financial support to God's works and family.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
what motivates me is time, time goes by really fast and i don't have time to waste partying alot,watching television all around the clock and some of those simple little things that eat out your time like pirahnas. if you look at it a million dollars can't buy a minute from last year, time is one of the most precious resources we have and yet still we tend to waste it like we got a thousand years to live. well for a guy like me i am a mortal lol and i don't have time to waste i am always focusing on my goal day by day because as they usally said
Quotes-about-time.jpg

and that quote is really true. i don't want to be sixty years old reflecting back on my life and saying to myself only if i did have enough time i would have done this and that because that's losers talk that's why i don't waste time anymore we all have 24 hours a day and it's what you do with it that counts.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Nothin really...

I just have a big ache, and I try to not get frustrated.
I do what is necessary cuz I'm realistic.
And I improve because I know where I wanna be (just relaxed, having fun, effortless)

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
It used to be so that I could buy shit like a R8, rolexes, and a Malibu beach house...

But recently it's more so having freedom, leaving a legacy and making a damn difference in this crazy, semi-f*cked up world we live in.

Don't get me wrong, I still want an R8.

It's just not the #1 things that drives me anymore.

Zl1996

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Mar 25, 2015
Freedom from an inevitable 9-5.

The desire to start a family and have enough money so that me and my wife can stay home with the kids.

The opposition of evil/ the initiation of force in all of its forms.

The desire to obtain a sense of belonging.

The desire to be respected.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Have you ever , even as an kid, put something together? that feeling of accomplishment? that is what motivates me knowing life isn't wasted I DID something even if what I built was an piece of crap and had to be redone. My life is that way filled with tearful moments that could have been avoided, but each one had an lesson we call it growing up. growing pains motivate me too, simply, because I like to avoid those.

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
My parents have given me no legacy , no starting point. I want to give my children a chance at a future my parents chose not to give me and my siblings. It's pretty hard to do that with no degree and a regular job. Although public sector does have its benefits , the rush of creating something new out of necessity and having no one else to cradle the fall is its own euphoric rush.

Kymberly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 13, 2014
Spending time with my kid, and teaching him there's a better way. People just don't understand it can be different until much later, and then they feel so left behind, but it really is, and always was your own race anyway. Also, proving to myself that I can do it because I know I can, plain and simple.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I don't have motivation, i just do. I stopped worrying about motivation and trying to get it because it is only temporary.
Discipline works for me, i get more results from it then through motivation.

True that.

I don't even know how much I want to make anymore. My does-not-give-a-sh#t-o-meter is sky high.
Money is ironic to me. Everyone cares about it so much, but what does it ever give you?

You just do it, because you wouldn't NOT do it.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
True that.

I don't even know how much I want to make anymore. My does-not-give-a-sh#t-o-meter is sky high.
Money is ironic to me. Everyone cares about it so much, but what does it ever give you?

You just do it, because you wouldn't NOT do it.

Yeah exactly, i don't have to be rich and i don't have the motivation to get rich. But it is my goal and i just do what i have to do.
Make life simple don't worry and just do what you have to do.
So so simple... :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Because I have a belief that I can help millions of people.

Because I have a vision in my head that I want to make a reality.

Because of the satisfaction I get when I just help one person.

Because I aspire to be the man I'd like my sons to grow up to be.

Because I have an itch that I can't scratch, that means I can't NOT do what I do.

Because the very thought of getting a job makes my shoulders slump.

Because I have been driven all my life and didn't know why until now.

Because it's my own story for me to write.

Because I am one stubborn, contrarian, mofo who won't be accountable to anyone.

Because I'm obsessive compulsive when I get my teeth into something.

Because what I do totally fascinates and motivates me.

Because I'd do this even if it didn't pay me.

Because the journey is so much bleeding fun!

Last edited:

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
Because I have a belief that I can help millions of people.

Because I have a vision in my head that I want to make a reality.

Because of the satisfaction I get when I just help one person.

Because I aspire to be the man I'd like my sons to grow up to be.

Because I have an itch that I can't scratch, that means I can't NOT do what I do.

Because the very thought of getting a job makes my shoulders slump.

Because I have been driven all my life and didn't know why until now.

Because it's my own story for me to write.

Because I am one stubborn, contrarian, mofo who won't be accountable to anyone.

Because I'm obsessive compulsive when I get my teeth into something.

Because what I do totally fascinates and motivates me.

Because I'd do this even if it didn't pay me.

Because the journey is so much bleeding fun!

Holy sh*t you have alot of motivation :eek:

G

Guest14692

I am by no means fastlane yet. But to relate to MJs book, I am "Mr. Almost- Lucky- Bastard" and I, unlike Mr. Lucky Bastard Hater, am at the plate taking swings [Page 64 ;)].

A couple of years ago I would have said that $$$ is what motivates me 100%. It sounds wrong and fundamentally disagrees with the points MJ has made in his book, but I'm also aware that making a change in the world for the better, creating a better product, solving a need, etc. is how to do achieve financial success. Therefore it was never a blind, idiotic claim like everyone on this planet so often wishes for.

However, after working in multiple positions where I didn't feel like I fit in (still succeeding however), I would say what truly motivates me is autonomy. I want to live an autonomous life. It makes me cringe to sacrifice for my job and feel like a piece of me died inside or that I dedicated way too much of my time for an enormous company where other people are truly benefitting from it. Time is our most important asset. If your on this forum, you are inherently more self-aware and objectively observant than the average, and this would you make you just as upset.

True story: Upon receiving a promotion 1 year after starting and making $60k a year (less than 2 years after college) in a location which costs 84% less than in Manhattan, I should have been happy. Instead, I would walk into gas stations and restaurants and contemplate quitting, working as a delivery boy to make way less money but not have to deal with the irrational stressors and a culture which so resembles a sweatshop that I'm baffled they haven't imploded by now. After leaving that firm, I've had 3 different employees jokingly bring the same scenario up to me! Every single person organically went through the same mental scenario. Quite fascinating actually.

Therefore, I want a fully autonomous life. Obviously, to do that, is to be financially free. Which is why I'm here.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
what motivates me is time, time goes by really fast and i don't have time to waste partying alot,watching television all around the clock and some of those simple little things that eat out your time like pirahnas. if you look at it a million dollars can't buy a minute from last year, time is one of the most precious resources we have and yet still we tend to waste it like we got a thousand years to live.

This reminds me of a quote from The Sheltering Sky..."Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really.
How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that.
How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless..."

Kay Rockley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 13, 2015
Whatever you do, it's important to do something that works on "pull motivation". Push motivation will only get you so far, where pull motivation will continue pulling you towards that thing you want to achieve until successful.

I've got more info on it here

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.