The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What mobile phone do you use?

My personal phone is...

• iPhone

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Blackberry

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Android

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Windows 7 Mobile

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • "just a phone" i.e. not a smartphone

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • cell phone? nah, my land line is as solid as it gets

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Interesting results... based on this, if somebody wants to build an app for this forum's users, it should be Android or Blackberry. And here I was thinking iPhone was the dominant platform here...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Interesting results... based on this, if somebody wants to build an app for this forum's users, it should be Android or Blackberry. And here I was thinking iPhone was the dominant platform here...

Out of curiosity... Do you have an idea for an app for the community? Is that why you asked this?

AJGlobal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 14, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
My friend was on Verizon and got the new Iphone. She told me it drops alot more calls than Verizon normally does. In fact it happened when I was talking to her today as she was driving. She wasn't sure if it was because of the phone itself or if the Verizon network was just overloaded now that they have the Iphone.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I went into the Verizon store Sunday and looked at it. My renewal isn't up until June so I'd have to pay $600 for the 16gb phone and $749 for the 32gb. No thanks.......but with BB not really coming out with any new phones (I was waiting for the Storm 3 which I hear is now been pushed back to Sept of this year) I may jump on it when my renewal comes up in June. Its $299 that way. Of course by then you can probably get the phone for next to nothing anywhere.

EdwardWhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Feb 27, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Samsung Intercept on Sprint. It the worse Android phone Ever, even with that said...I can get some work done on it. Mostly education wise. For example, I can use it to read pdfs of info products I bought, or with some pain, watch the videos the same info products using skyfire(if the video is in flash, since this phone cannot do flash even thought its froyo). The issue is the load time with the phone makes you feel like your on a 56k modem again, even when you have a good signal, since the phone doesn't have enough memory or processor to render things at a decent speed.

I am going to upgrade to a EVO soon. I would like to change out platforms, to like a Windows phone, or if HP get it right- webOS.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I am still amazed at the high number of non-smart-phones out there... go figure.

Thanks all... keep'em coming!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Out of curiosity... Do you have an idea for an app for the community? Is that why you asked this?

Maybe... ;)

EdwardWhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Feb 27, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Im amazed someone didn't say they had one of those really expensive dumbphones, covered in diamonds and leather backing. I forgot the name of the company.

By the way about the app thing, I think I've read somewhere that while their is going to be more androids on the market, the apps on the iphone generate more cash since it was more accepted to pay for apps on there.

For example angry birds costs cash on the iphone, but they don't charge a cent for it on the android, doing ads instead.
Myself personally since I don't enjoy my phone, I feel zero need to buy apps for it, since I really can't use them without a painful process. But, I'm not the only opinion out there, its if you provide something really valuable to the customers, who want it and will use it.

My brother created a video game, for android. It sells okay. His lite free version does most of the business, and he maybe generates like a buck a day from ads sales from that. (he has about 10,000 or so downloads, I don't know the recent number)

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
I got my baby girl the Evo 4g (Sprint) and Jill the new 4G evo with sliding keyboard recently. I'm still on BBerry Tour - I carry an Ipad for Iapps and a phone for.... phone shit.

I still maintain that Iphone should be called "Shitphone that rocks at all oher tasks"

...but that's me and my dear, sweet loving friends here tend to accept that I'm just a wee tad bit eccentric.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Whatever cheap phone Verizon gives me for free every 2 years. In my business a phone is simply an expense and tool, an Iphone can't call any better than a cheap phone, so it won't make me anymore money.

If you like phones that's cool, but they just don't do anything for me. Except piss me off by ringing 50-60 times a day, literally I counted once...

Not being able to check email really isn't that big of a deal for me, since half my subs hardly know the internet exists. If its something I must check I can borrow someones internet phone, if its important they call me.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I've gone from a BB Storm to a BB Tour to a Droid X and now to an iPhone 4 (all on Verizon).

The BlackBerrys were great for communication. The Tour was better than the Storm (the original Storm) in my experience, but my Tour began to fade down the stretch. I got the Droid X around November to hold me over until the iPhone came to Verizon, which only wound up being a few months. Each phone had its strengths and weaknesses, but I can confidently say that the iPhone is by far the best overall option -- at least for me.

The only downsides to the iPhone that I have experienced:
1) I use it so much that the battery only lasts about a day and a half on a full charge (still better than my other Smartphones)
2) The touchscreen is very accurate and consistent, but typing via Swype on my Droid was quicker. It'd be nice if Apple at least offered that as an option.
3) The Droid's Google Maps Navigation was an awesome feature and completely FREE. The iPhone's Maps app is cool, but it doesn't provide turn-by-turn navigation like the Droid did. Instead, I'd have to buy an app.

Btw: Hello, Fastlane! Haven't spoken to y'all in a while...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.