The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What kind of mattress do you own?

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
The last year I've been living in Vietnam. All their mattresses are rock hard. It's like punching a heavy bag. My back is screwed lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Here is something I can say definitively...

Purple

Holy smokes the bed is perfect. I don't know what I did before buying it.

I sleep hot so all the money foam beds suck from Costco to tempurpedic.

The air beds like sleep number are overpriced air mattresses. The middles break down and while they can sleep decent when they are new it's not worth the cost.

Purple is the only bed I've had that sleeps cool, forms to any body type, and still bounces back instantly. The only downside is the thing is heavy.... But who really cares.

Since getting mine, I seem to find everyone that tries it, buys one.

I'm on mobile but you can see the egg test and all that on YouTube.
How long have you had it? Any side sleeping issues? Does the top layers 'soften up' over time and in spots? Do you have it on a frame or box spring or platform? Thinking about buying one of these....

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
How long have you had it? Any side sleeping issues? Does the top layers 'soften up' over time and in spots? Do you have it on a frame or box spring or platform? Thinking about buying one of these....

How long have you had it? somewhere between 9-12 months
Any side sleeping issues? I only sleep on my side and stomach, no issues. Probably one of the few that even helps
Does the top layers 'soften up' over time and in spots? Not from what I've seen yet
Do you have it on a frame or box spring or platform? Box spring but it's not required, you could put it on anything that has enough support. Most modern frames have a lot more slats than the old ones did.

I was looking at their site yesterday, now you can get the new version where you pick the depth of the purple. I'd love to try the 3 or the 4". Mine is the original which i think is 2.5" maybe.

Side note, you HAVE to have stretch sheets. Otherwise it doesn't work. Always lay on the bed with and without sheets to see if your sheets are making things better or worse in terms of the way your mattress moves. Same goes for memory foam beds.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Would have never thought a thread on this forum would be instrumental in my mattress purchase. But here we are. ;)

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
My purple 4 gets here this week. Got the frame and the stretch sheets.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Would have never thought a thread on this forum would be instrumental in my mattress purchase. But here we are. ;)
Well what did you get? Don't vauge-bait us here!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
My purple 4 gets here this week. Got the frame and the stretch sheets.
There extra shit is over priced, however, I think I might buy their sheets. Still haven't found a very cool super stretch set yet, maybe I'm not buying high$ enough. Let us know what you think!

pfalcomer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
Oct 15, 2012
Durban, South Africa
I got a new Cloud Nine mattress a few months ago and can honestly say it's one of the best purchases I've made in a while. Much firmer than my old mattress, doesn't require flipping (only turning every 6 months) and no back and neck pain since I've had it.

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 14, 2018
Obviously something as broad as mattresses are highly subjective, but I've heard nothing but good things regarding this brand.

antonn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 11, 2019
My sister has a memory foam mattress and she says it's not all that. I have a pillowtop and a memory foam pad, and it IS all that. My next mattress will likely be a regular mattress with a memory foam pillowtop (now that such a thing exists). It'll be about $1500, but WOW will I sleep well. Especially in my 1000-ct sheets.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well what did you get? Don't vauge-bait us here!

Nothing, my researched overwhelmed me. Too many options and many good reviews, especially on here.

So I'm still in the market.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Nothing, my researched overwhelmed me. Too many options and many good reviews, especially on here.

So I'm still in the market.

Surprised you have analysis paralysis from it. Almost all the companies will let you try it, and if you don't like it, they will come get it from your house and give you your money back.

@ZCP and I talked about this, this weekend, and as a result i'm going to buy another, but the new purple that's even deeper.

The options outside of purple are simple. Do you like memory foam? if not get a spring/pillowtop mattress. The air bed bullshit, I've heard from almost everyone that doesn't sleep by themselves, that it sucks for couples.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

M11105

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
262%
Oct 2, 2013
USA
Our bed is something we spend a third of our life on, it might as well be the best.

A good night’s sleep is essential to having a productive day, healthy lifestyle, & healthy profits.

What kind of mattresses do fastlaners sleep on?

I’m thinking of getting a Sleep Number.

Avocado mattress, it’s supposedly amazing, gets the best reviews in consumer reports, etc.
We have it now for about 4 weeks. Look, it’s OK but the current hype is that foam mattresses are so superior to the traditional ones - so far, frankly it’s about the same...

I think the key is to get a really high quality one and change it every 5-6 years instead of hoping to find one that will last 10 years like new.

Good luck!

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
To the Purple folks, how long have you had your mattress? Because all the negative reviews are about it being great for a few months and then it starts to sag. And then their warranty and customer service is a atrocious, even if you act within the 100 day window.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@MJ DeMarco got mine may of last year ..... it has had a lot of traffic ;) ...... it was the 4" one .... still awesome ..... i got their frame with it. that squeaks too much. am probably going to put it on a platform and camber the middle up a little to combat any long term sag .... haven't noticed any to date

i also got the pillow. thought it would suck. it is awesome. really F*cking heavy, so it doesn't move. nice and cool. doesn't trap heat like some pillows (especially foam).

just try it. if it sucks, light it on fire. fun will be had by all!

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
The last year I've been living in Vietnam. All their mattresses are rock hard. It's like punching a heavy bag. My back is screwed lol.

So true. It took my shoulder and arm a few weeks to adjust, but I have way less back pain now. I actually think firm mattresses are better for the spine.

Most Vietnamese people sleep on the floor, which I find insane. It works for them though.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
To the Purple folks, how long have you had your mattress? Because all the negative reviews are about it being great for a few months and then it starts to sag. And then their warranty and customer service is a atrocious, even if you act within the 100 day window.

Had one for a year and a half... maybe it's been longer. No sag from what i've seen but im not 300lbs. They are the only matteress from what I have seen that actually conforms to your body and stays cool. Can't imagine considering buying anything else that is new. To me purple is like owning an aeron chair. there are just very few, if any, comparable options.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
...... No sag from what i've seen but im not 300lbs. ...
You calling the boss fat?

...... is like owning an aeron chair. ......
Thoughts on the Aeron? should we get them for me and all the peeps in the office? they really that good?
we've had office chairs on the list for a while..... need something for the accounting manager to bitch about in budget......

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
We have a $8k sleep number because my wife and I have different preferences in firmness. My sleep number is 100.

It works for us, but it is honestly no better to me than a $400 super firm Serta that I bought 5 years ago. My wife hates that one though.

The whole "don't cheap out, half of your life" happy bullshit is just a marketing ploy we have all bought into. All this proprietary technology is just marketing. The only thing that matters is that you are comfortable.

We will buy two twin xl's next time and put them together on a king frame. Evidently that perfectly equals a king.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Bought my son a Purple mattress when he moved to Arizona. He loves it.

We usually buy mattresses from Costco. You can get the top-top-top of the line (like Stearns and Foster) for 50% below retail.

I don't try and scrimp on a mattress. I am going to spend a third of my life laying on it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We have a $8k sleep number because my wife and I have different preferences in firmness. My sleep number is 100.

It works for us, but it is honestly no better to me than a $400 super firm Serta that I bought 5 years ago. My wife hates that one though.

The whole "don't cheap out, half of your life" happy bullshit is just a marketing ploy we have all bought into. All this proprietary technology is just marketing. The only thing that matters is that you are comfortable.

We will buy two twin xl's next time and put them together on a king frame. Evidently that perfectly equals a king.

I hate the PRINCIPLE of the sleep number bed. Might as well just buy a coleman air mattress from Target and put a pillow top on it.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
Stay away from Sweda. 15 months after buying ours and having the defective initial unit replaced under warranty, we are now cutting losses with the replacement unit and will be mattress shopping again soon.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
As of 11am today I will own several Sealy/Simmons/Serta mattresses if you are interested ;)

Be careful when buying a boxspring or riser. Some have cardboard in them and that cardboard makes it squeak every time you move.

If you buy your bed in person and if you sleep on your side, it is important to your body that your shoulder be level with your hip when on your side.

Last edited:

Seth G.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 30, 2018
Tri-State Area
Our bed is something we spend a third of our life on, it might as well be the best.

A good night’s sleep is essential to having a productive day, healthy lifestyle, & healthy profits.

What kind of mattresses do fastlaners sleep on?

I’m thinking of getting a Sleep Number.

Bear Mattress.
It's super comfy and allegedly good for recovering muscles.
Definitely the best bed I've ever owned.

Would I buy it again? Maybe... there are so many mattresses to choose from these days.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You calling the boss fat?

Thoughts on the Aeron? should we get them for me and all the peeps in the office? they really that good?
we've had office chairs on the list for a while..... need something for the accounting manager to bitch about in budget......

I had one at each office.... up until I got an embody chair. They are pretty amazing once set up. It really depends on the person though.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I hate the PRINCIPLE of the sleep number bed. Might as well just buy a coleman air mattress from Target and put a pillow top on it.

They are overrated. That’s for sure.

They definitely don’t feel like an air mattress somehow.

Last edited:

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona

I hated my Aeron. I was never able to get comfortable in it for whatever reason. Got a Equa 2 from Herman Miller. Way more comfortable. Excellent ergonomincs for $200ish.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I bought a mattress once from the Original Mattress Factory. Paid a decent price, but the thing was terrible. Caved in on both sides. Under warranty. They "fixed" it, and it happened again a year or two down the road. Stay away from The Original Mattress Factory.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.