The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is Your Heaven?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Here's some more little slices of heaven:

- Playing with my dogs and getting them so tired they just sit there panting and smiling at me.
- Taking a long shower.
- Flavored coffee, especially this time of year when all the yummy graham cracker/egg nog/ "fall" flavors come out.
- Cooking for friends.
- A glass of wine and some good jazz.
- Watching a child "get" a concept for the first time, and how excited they get.
- Volunteering.
- Reading a good book on a snowy day in front of a fireplace.
- Flannel sheets in the winter.
- A good backrub.
- BBQing with friends on the back porch.
- Laughing so hard you cry.
- A good kiss.
- A phone call to someone in my family.
- Swimming in a lake.
- Watching fireworks.
- Snuggling on the couch.
- Feeling appreciative.
- Spontaneous plans with my best friend.
- Riding my bike and feeling the wind in my hair.
- Feeling understood.
- Learning something new.
- Waking up to my dogs in bed with me, knowing they really shouldn't be there but not happy that they are.
- ...This place, and you guys. :)

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Living in the moment. Taking in the beauty that can always be found if I stop thinking of yesterday or tomorrow.

Today, it is searching for my next knitting project as I guide my son through making pizza dough and visiting w/ my hubby as he makes pumpkin empanada.

Tomorrow, it will be something else, but if I am anchored in the moment, it will be just as heavenly.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Ain't that the truth. Happiness is focusing on the joy found in the moment, no matter how big or small that moment may be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

marktech101

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 11, 2008
Durham, NC
Last summer, I had the opportunity to canoe down a river in Maine. It was truly amazing. I remember several instances when the roaring chaos of rapids gave way to a pool of peaceful serenity. Those are the moments that allow us to 'take a step back' and reflect on our own personal insignificance in the world. The knowledge that the great oaks arching overhead have remained for hundreds of years is comforting, but the beer cans and fish hooks floating by the banks provide a harsh jerk back to reality. Soon, the rush of upcoming whitewater is heard. Before you know it, you're making split-second decisions again, navigating between each and every boulder in the river of life.

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Just curious what simple things in your life make you just overjoyed and content with life? What is the icing on your cake?

What simple activity makes you sit back and think, "Ahhhhh .... life is great!"

For me, its sitting on my patio overlooking the mountains, sitting back in my recliner, lighting a cigar, drinking a beer, and just listening to the sounds around me. No matter what BS I'm going thru that day or week, this simple activity makes me feel a total peace and is my heaven.

What simple activity washes away your day? What takes you to a different level? What is your heaven?

I like to drive. A simple cruise around mountains, a nice and easy hike, or a long road trip do wonders for me. I also used to get a kick out of drag racing, but I won't do that anymore unless on a track. All in all, I love a nice long cruise =)

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I like to drive. A simple cruise around mountains, a nice and easy hike, or a long road trip do wonders for me. I also used to get a kick out of drag racing, but I won't do that anymore unless on a track. All in all, I love a nice long cruise =)

Very good one. The Sunday drive is a lost form of relaxing. I use to do that all the time. I would drive back roads trying to get myself lost, just exploring the world.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Very good one. The Sunday drive is a lost form of relaxing. I use to do that all the time. I would drive back roads trying to get myself lost, just exploring the world.
I still do this, lol...I try to make it brief, though, because then my parents get suspicious. They would probably think I'm somewhere doing something I shouldn't be doing, but I think they'd still be pissed if they figured out I was just "wasting gas".

It's definitely relaxing, though. I really enjoy just listening to music and cruisin'. Often, I take little detours when I'm driving through my town in order to go through the super-nice area. Totally worth it.

marktech101

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 11, 2008
Durham, NC
It's definitely relaxing, though. I really enjoy just listening to music and cruisin'. Often, I take little detours when I'm driving through my town in order to go through the super-nice area. Totally worth it.

I totally agree. I know this thread is supposed to be about simple, non-monetary things, but I do believe that letting a Lamborghini roadster unwind along an open road in early autumn would induce feelings of happiness.

Especially with today's gas prices... Has anybody but me noticed that gas costs now just over half of what it did in the summer? Yikes!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I totally agree. I know this thread is supposed to be about simple, non-monetary things, but I do believe that letting a Lamborghini roadster unwind along an open road in early autumn would induce feelings of happiness.

Especially with today's gas prices... Has anybody but me noticed that gas costs now just over half of what it did in the summer? Yikes!
Yeah! It's awesome. I think it's around $2.50/gallon here these days. That's even lower than it was back in March when I started driving. Good, good stuff.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Back to the top.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Shooting, anything, I love historical weapons. Nothing like running a clip through an M14 or an M4. K98's, 1903's, and Lee Enfields are fantastic rifles! Or firing my grandfathers M1 Carbine that he fought in the Philippines with, that rifle has battle scar's on it. Its not a pretty rifle anymore, but I love the patina, and its a piece of history.

I also take shameless pleasure from going very fast in European cars. Nothing like hearing the rasp of a Porsche flat 6 as you row through the gears, pure bliss. Or the siren song of a Jaguar I6 as it gets up on its cams and screams to redline.

I think the European's make the best cars.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Just curious what simple things in your life make you just overjoyed and content with life? What is the icing on your cake?

What simple activity makes you sit back and think, "Ahhhhh .... life is great!"

For me, its sitting on my patio overlooking the mountains, sitting back in my recliner, lighting a cigar, drinking a beer, and just listening to the sounds around me. No matter what BS I'm going thru that day or week, this simple activity makes me feel a total peace and is my heaven.

What simple activity washes away your day? What takes you to a different level? What is your heaven?

Truly it is my life before I had to sell my house( divorce settlement), I lived in the country, had a 16 run kennel, showed dogs, raised chickens, had a huge garden, and my absolute heaven was when it got cold and I could fire up the coal/wood stove...Watching it snow outside, the warm fire burning inside, the house filled the aroma of either baked goods or a roast...truly my heaven.

I find a somewhat similiar peace now stepping outside and looking at the ocean or sun setting over Catalina it isn't a farm in the north but it calms me.

Sue

A-GAME

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 23, 2007
Australia
Ive recently moved to the Surfers Paradise in Queensland Australia.The beach is across the road from me and as simple as it sounds just going to the beach to listen to the waves crash,smell the sea breeze or just lay on a towel and look up at the stars(i usually go at night coz im a whiteboy and i burn in 30 seconds of sun haha)is all i need.The world is really an amazing place and sometimes if im somewhere with a horrible veiw i just look up the sky and see my million dollar view.Clear blue sky and fluffy white clouds or even rain clouds just make me realise how lucky we all are.Life and the world around us is incredible and im always grateful for it....

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
The funny thing is that there is so much natural beauty in Australlia, but yet I've met plenty of Aussies who go on "holiday" for months even years to see the rest of the world when they got everything in their backyard :smxB:

With that in mind, my heaven is to be like the Aussies I've met who just pick up and travel the world, Tim Ferriss is an American role-model for this lifestyle and I guess I have some experience in the several roadtrips I've gone on and the study abroad I did in Vienna, the world is full of wonders and there is so much to see, why wait for heaven when you're already here :thumbsup:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Climbing into bed on a freshly washed pair of sheets still warm from the dryer!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Sitting in a park with a great friend with a bottle wine, and wanting to hang onto the moment forever, knowing that people that truly "get you" like she gets you are few and far between.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
YvesKleinSky said:
Sitting in a park with a great friend with a bottle wine, and wanting to hang onto the moment forever, knowing that people that truly "get you" like she gets you are few and far between.
Roger that. Breaking bread and drinking wine w/friends who appreciate you for who you are (and vice versa) is, for me, one of life's greatest pleasures.

(sitting on the beach and taking it all in-- the smell of the ocean, the sound of the waves, the heat of the sun, the cool breeze, the beauty of it all-- THAT is heaven for me, as well (probably why we got married on the beach, eh-- best of both?) :)

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
You can, nothing should be holding ya back.

I don't know...I think once I'm actually where I wanna be, then I'll be able to post in here. For now, I can't really think of anytime I can sit back and say "ahh this is heaven," because I'm still trying to fight my way out of hell at the moment lol I'll reserve a spot in this thread and let everyone know when I've found it tho! haha

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Jul 24, 2007
There are circumstances in which people can truly be living in misery. But, if you can find your heaven in these circumstances, how much sweeter will it be when you have found more money and time to enjoy it?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
A milk shake, cruising with the top/windows down, and Kokomo playing on the CD.:cheers:

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
YES!!! Along these same lines, it's one of life's sweetest moments when after making a new friend, you realize that she is just as excited and honored to be your friend as you are to be hers.

Discovered a new slice of heaven recently... an outdoor massage on a private terrace, with the sun warming your skin, but a breeze keeping it cool. No "Nature Sounds" soundtrack necessary because the waves are really crashing and the birds are really singing!

zauberer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
May 13, 2009
My simple activity is sitting or laying on my favorite couch and reading a good book with a candle lit or playing a few chords on the guitar. I absolutely love this and it is one of those simple things in life that give me personally great pleasure.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
...Taking a drive in the rain up to some place quiet with a good friend reclining the seats and just talking about life, watching it rain, tracing random shapes on the fogged up windshield with your toes.

...Some friends and I would go "UFO hunting" back in high school. We would pack up the car with lawn chairs, a blanket and a cooler and find a mesa somewhere and just hang out, get scared at any little noise and laugh the whole night.

...Practicing cooking a meal and having friends over and having it turn out to be everyone's new favorite meal. ...Or having it be the worst tasting thing ever and ordering pizza and everyone having to do shots just to get the taste out of their mouth and laughing so hard you almost wet your pants. :)

...Finding obscure poetry books in used book stores for under $3.

...Watching a child "get" a concept for the first time and how their eyes light up with excitement.

...A random act of kindness with no expectation.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I don't know...I think once I'm actually where I wanna be, then I'll be able to post in here. For now, I can't really think of anytime I can sit back and say "ahh this is heaven," because I'm still trying to fight my way out of hell at the moment lol I'll reserve a spot in this thread and let everyone know when I've found it tho! haha

I think I understand ya here, however there is danger in living for tomorrow because then you forget about today.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lWuUzpLLUs]YouTube - Peaceful Warrior Bridge Slow Motion scene[/ame]

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.