The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the best book on sales?

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Mastering Influence by Anthony Robbins - Step by step blueprint on how to become a top Salesman. Talks about the psychology, the strategy and the tactics. Its the complete package. And it only costs $300. (Audio CDs + Workbook). If you can only buy 1 thing, buy this.

The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes (book). $30. It will give you a complete blueprint on how to maximize your sales & marketing efforts. Everything will be firing on all cylinders. Shows you how to setup systems for your sales & marketing.

The Ultimate Business Mastery by Anthony Robbins and Chet Holmes. $2000 ($10,000 now?). Takes all the concepts from the Ultimate Sales Machine, and Mastering Influence, and goes WAY deeper in each of them. This program is for CEOs. ITs gives you a complete blueprint, strategy & tactic layout on how to run your Sales & Marketing (Each component: Agents, advertising, presentations, etc). This is 70+ hrs of material in a DVD format. Everything is step by step, it has a logical flow to it. It has assignments as well. I highly recommend this program.

My thoughts on Straight Line Persuasion System. $2000. Not worth the money. I went through the entire 10 (or 12?) DVDs and its a diluted version of Mastering Influence. Jordan's thoughts are ALL OVER THE PLACE. And its hard to follow. It could of been easily only 1 DVD. The summary is: 1) Be sharp as a tact. 2) Your tonality is extremely important. There is no homework, no blueprint, etc. Its very ad hock.

Bottom line, if you want a complete system, get Mastering Influence: (Step by Step, applicable to all sorts of industries, has homework, easy to follow). If you have the money, go for the Ultimate Business Mastery program.

I hope this helps.

Greg

Well, you sold me hahaha. It sounds like you know what you are talking about and thank you I'll look into those.

Kencan98

Fair Enough?
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 6, 2013
Long Island, NY
Belforts stuff IS all over the place but it's still worth ten times what he charges. Yeah, he talks about state management and all the other PD stuff but if you can just master the art of LOOPING you'll triple your sales instantly. Yes, it's watered down compared to his older stuff but the main parts of it are still in tact and the main reason why it works is the looping at the end. You build a logical and emotional case as to why the person should buy (the 3 10's) and with every "no" you just keep looping over and over again and building on the 10's. If it's done correctly and the person is a qualified prospect the call either ends up with you getting hung up on or him buying.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
SPIN Selling was very good, I thought....I have no experience in sales whatsoever, but I enjoyed it and learned a lot to put into practice!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NoveltyInSpades

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Second that.

The best book I ever read on sales is How I Raised Myself From Failure To Success In Selling by Frank Bettger.

I second that.

2 other quality sales books on my shelf:
-How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
-You Can Negotiate Anything - Herb Cohen

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
The Unfair Advantage Sell with NLP. The title threw me off a little but a friend recommended it and its actually pretty good. Its basic social engineering with a twist geared towards sales. Most of it was stuff I learned for in-house security testing, I had just never though to use it for sales for whatever reason.

royalflush

warp 9
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jun 20, 2014
Pitch Anything by Oren
Psychology of Selling by Brian Tracy
Jordan Belfort's Straight Line System

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
What is the absolute best book that you have ever read on all things sales?

There is no objectively "best" book on anything, let alone sales.

As far as sales goes, it depends who you ask.

If you value empirical evidence and logic as your guide to success, then the two best books on sales ever written are SPIN Selling and Rainmaker. The former describes the only empirically proven (superior) method of closing large clients. The latter describes how top-producers ( at least seven figure annual earners) get their clients.

A lot of people on this forum seem to get a hard on over how to make $1,000 in a week, a few thousand a month, over-obsessed with hitting some (usually low) threshold of monthly income.

The aforementioned books are for men, not boys.

Boys chase little money.

Men chase the type of MJ DeMarco money that gets you real freedom.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
After JAJTs recommendation a long time ago to read this book I have to second what he says here.

I also want to add that if you are starting a sales intensive business, make sure you can scale before you sock 3 years into it... Don't ask me why I know.

Oh and the Zig Ziglar sales book is pretty good too.

Been trying to buy Spin Selling in audiobook format and doesn't seem available from my region. Can you guys in the US still buy it?

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2014
Glad to see this old thread. I may not have seen it had it not been resurrected. Lots of good reads posted this far.

While I agree that there is no one "best" book and agree that experience trumps education, I think that hammering on those truisms is kind of superficial. Saying those things smacks of condescending put downs masquerading as wisdom. Yeah, no kidding doing is better than reading, but we all started somewhere. Should a young (or new) guy not read because reading is somehow playing the wantrepeneur? Is reading always analysis paralysis, or is it wise to keep filling your mind with knowledge. Finding and using what works, discarding the useless or that which doesn't fit ones environment.

Last point. Anyone who has experience and knowledge within their field will do well to keep reading on their area of expertise. Things change, not least of those being the human memory. It's amazing what we forget. It's even more amazing how much more we get from re learning the basics, viewing them through experienced eyes. In short, if you think you know your game, spend some time re examining those things you think you already know. You may see something again as if you are seeing it for the first time.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
I've been doing sales for 10+ years now.

I can tell you with some certainty that SPIN Selling is by far the most ACCURATE book on effective selling I've ever seen. By that I mean if you look at what the top salespeople do, and compare it to what is in this book, it lines up 1:1.

Be warned - it isn't a "feel good" story book. It is a serious book on sales methods with plenty of examples and explanations for everything.

If you are serious about picking up a serious book on sales - you really can't go wrong with this.

And if you find you are in need of a pick-me-up book on selling and attitude go find Og Mandino's Greatest Salesman in the World. It's essentially sales brainwashing - repeating good advice over and over for about 10 months in incremental steps. I found when I was down and out and just hated people and picking up the phone, this book (audio version anyway) really helped put my mind back in the right place.

Word. Where'd you hear about SPIN Selling? Pleasantly surprised to see someone else quoting the book.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

The phone book. Start calling people. Make up a product. See if you can sell them on it.

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia

"The monk who sold his Ferrari" (Robin Sharma)

A simple story ... but of considerable strength.

Disarming in its dynamic and amazing technique of narrative.

Sometimes we just need a nice full of hope to improve ourself.

It's a story you won't forget as long to live it with passion.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.