The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What if you don't need to be a millionaire?

bitcoins

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 28, 2017
USA
Just curious. Where did you move to?

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk
I speak fluently in Polish and am learning French and German, so currently I moved from the States to Poland. In the future when I know more languages, I might move closer to the Mediterranean :) Only thing that sucks here is the weather, but I'll put up with it for now! There's plenty of beautiful women here and honestly, if you're making money online in USD, you can live an extremely luxurious life here while in the States it'd be normal. Why settle for less when you can have more? An apartment right in the center of Warsaw can be had for like $500-800. An apartment right in the center of Chicago or NYC... woo... see ya. A few grand down the hole for sure.

I pay about $20 for 250 mb/s while Comcast absolutely screwed us over. At&t can also kiss my behind with their $80-150 rates for 12GB when I now get 6GB reloadable for a few dollars.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
But here's the thing, I don't feel I have reduced anything. It's just the way things are right now. I know that # will grow as I've been looking to buy a new home and a few other things. Just kinda in limbo right now personally, and that's just happens to be the # in limbo.

i recognised some people really think thats not much money 1400 Dollars to live with out paying rent/mortgage/, i dont know what is mj spending for but guys thats awesome just imagine, u can get great and healthy food, dine out, gas money, gym fees and everything else is covered already and if not its just an poverty income(switch the lanes asap) (thats the meaning of being rich). Life goals.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I speak fluently in Polish and am learning French and German, so currently I moved from the States to Poland. In the future when I know more languages, I might move closer to the Mediterranean :) Only thing that sucks here is the weather, but I'll put up with it for now! There's plenty of beautiful women here and honestly, if you're making money online in USD, you can live an extremely luxurious life here while in the States it'd be normal. Why settle for less when you can have more? An apartment right in the center of Warsaw can be had for like $500-800. An apartment right in the center of Chicago or NYC... woo... see ya. A few grand down the hole for sure.

I pay about $20 for 250 mb/s while Comcast absolutely screwed us over. At&t can also kiss my behind with their $80-150 rates for 12GB when I now get 6GB reloadable for a few dollars.
I've been to Warsaw many times. Great city.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
If I need Millions, it's because I'm a Humanitarian. With Millions and Billions of dollars it would give me personal power to be a philanthropist. There's finding a cure for how many diseases? I'm all about the health and wellness of individuals. I personally don't need Millions to spend on myself. Millions and Billions with meaning and purpose behind it!

ChaseFade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Mar 11, 2015
The last podcast interview I did I mentioned that my personal expenses were somewhere around $1,400/mo. Mind you, I live in a big house (no mortgage) and have no debt, no car payments, nothing other than a credit card which I pay in full every month.

$1,400/mo is $16,800 a year -- which is a poverty type income. It's also 5% on $336,000 -- not certainly a million.

Food for thought...
Wow! Very low expenses. Can you provide a link to the podcast interview MJ? Would love to listen

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
I want to get married, have one kid, and live in poverty my whole life. The US government defines that as $20,090 per year. I think I can only get 5% consistently from passive investments, and I should probably account for about 3% inflation, so I'd have to live off of 2% of my total each year. That means I'd have to have... $1,004,500. D'oh! Looks like I'm off to write a new ebook, 'The Impoverished Millionaire'.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
What is wrong with this equation?

a) Lack of value
b) Ignoring the barrier to entry while not providing Executional Excellence (Unscripted )
c) Purposefully entering crowded markets while assuming you can scrape 20k of profits off the bottom, 6 times
d) Assuming that the same principals that apply to business that make millions per year do not apply to multiple businesses making 20k each per year
e) All of the above

You responded to what you assumed I said, instead of what I said - and remember, "pal" is like a friend.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
i recognised some people really think thats not much money 1400 Dollars to live with out paying rent/mortgage/, i dont know what is mj spending for but guys thats awesome

My business on the other hand, does NOT have such minimal expenses.

Wow! Very low expenses. Can you provide a link to the podcast interview MJ? Would love to listen

I don't think it's out yet. This was the last one I did.

257: The Millionaire Fastlane, The Secrets to Finding a Vehicle to Create Wealth | MJ DeMarco - JeremyRyanSlate.com

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
If I need Millions, it's because I'm a Humanitarian. With Millions and Billions of dollars it would give me personal power to be a philanthropist. There's finding a cure for how many diseases? I'm all about the health and wellness of individuals. I personally don't need Millions to spend on myself. Millions and Billions with meaning and purpose behind it!

Great post. There's personal (financial freedom) but once that's achieved (it's important to define what that will be so we know when where's there and how much we have to help others with) we can always go out and spend our lives helping others with the money we can raise. We may not need millions but there are starving and cold people everywhere who need our help and as people who are in a position to be able to make the kind of money that can effect massive change in people's lives we almost have a responsibility to do so but that's a different fight to achieving personal financial freedom.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Great post. There's personal (financial freedom) but once that's achieved (it's important to define what that will be so we know when where's there and how much we have to help others with) we can always go out and spend our lives helping others with the money we can raise. We may not need millions but there are starving and cold people everywhere who need our help and as people who are in a position to be able to make the kind of money that can effect massive change in people's lives we almost have a responsibility to do so but that's a different fight to achieving personal financial freedom.
Yes, I was fortunate to grow-up around Entrepreneurs, I just didn't really pay attention that much when I was younger. I'm not a fan of Amway, but these two guys have done a lot in Grand Rapids, Michigan and helped out the community in tremendous ways.

I think the Internet kind gives a false illusion how much Philanthropists actually do a lot for the world. Many individuals just believe rich people are greedy and make money. I know even from doing internships and work experiences with my Human Service degree, "Guess who is behind the donations and fundraisers behind all the non-profit organizations who help the lower class?" Ha ha! People have no idea! "Those selfish, greedy, rich people never think about them. They never do anything for them."

This is the illusion. If the Philanthropists weren't thinking about them they'd be in tougher shape than they are today.

I did an internship at a food pantry, and community resource center for all non-profits for ten weeks before I graduated in 2011. The wealthy were bringing in car loads of food and dropping it off every week. I had two thick books back home in Michigan of all the human service non-profit organizations just for three counties.

They were packed full of every need imaginable. And so I know those complaining how no one will help them is insane. But, the whole point of the resource center is to monitor and computerize who gets help, proof, and stop those who abuse the system. I assessed their case, wrote a report out, and sent out the information to area non-profits so they could determine whether the family met the criteria for help. They had to show proof of being in poverty and what they were doing to improve their life. They also had to have a case worker hold them accountable. Which I did for one woman on my internship, but she didn't make all her appointments, and made up excuses why she didn't follow through, so she never received the car, because she didn't go fill out applications for a job and didn't like showing me where she was spending her money every week and learn how to budget.

They get eye glasses free, prescriptions for medication, clothes, baby supplies, shoes, one time payments for utilities, temporary housing to get on their feet, they've gotten free cars with financial budgeting, house cleaning supplies, used furniture that is not bad. And thrift stores take in donations to pay to help them get on their feet for different causes.

There are training programs, and really some of them choose to be in poverty and not help themselves. If you knew how many resources were available in my community anyway you would be floored why anyone would be saying, I can't help myself.

I'm full aware the lower class is in lower class for three generations or more, and I thought I'd help one person before I moved to the Netherlands and gave them a brand new bed and desk set because I didn't need it anymore. Lesson learned, if they don't have the mindset, they don't appreciate what you give them. In one day they burned it in a bon-fire. It was more fun to have fun then have furniture.

I used to want to help people, but I found out that even some when given a place to stay will still choose to be homeless than being in a shelter. I think some people rise out of poverty, but I believe some just will never make it out because it's so impressed in their psyche it's better to live off the system and scarcity instead of truly living in life. I tried working with one family from 1997 until 2012 just because I knew them. They still choose to live the way they do. It goes in one ear and out of the other.

The world of poverty isn't an easy task even if you have a Million or Billion, because their mindset needs to change. If they're mindset has no value of worth, appreciation, or gratitude, it's pretty much throwing a Million away. I'm sure Billions get wrote off trying to combat causes every day, but people have to grow up and mature. We know why there is % of the world in Wealth. They do something different.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOBgsce4du8

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.