The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What form of payment do you use w/new importers?

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
What i mean by new importers, is someone you've never dealt with before

i was reading this on startupbros
[url]http://www.startupbros.com/how-you-can-make-big-money-importing-from-china-the-rise-and-fall-of-my-empire/[/URL]

And the author mention always use paypal at first, you know just to see if they will scam or not

My issue here is i am permanently blacklisted from paypal for something i have/had absolutely no control over.

So about going to purchase from a supplier how would you guys recommend I go about sending payments?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

redthumb

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 5, 2013
Texas
If the supplier accepts it escrow.

"How does escrow work?

The Alibaba Escrow service (or whatever service you want to use) consists of you sending the payment for your order to a third party (Alibaba in this case) who will hold the money until you tell them that you have received the order and it is to your satisfaction. At that point, they release the funds to the seller. If you arent satisfied with the order, you can basically dispute the transaction and get a refund. It may a little bit safer than PayPal, but normally I still try to use PayPal anyways." From the startupbro website.

Matt B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 6, 2014
Depends on the total order value. For samples you can just wire the full amount, but for larger orders L/C or cash against documents is mandatory.

Elizabeth Shi

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 18, 2014
China
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics