The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you do when you have no ideas

NadiaZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 27, 2018
Kansas City
I've decided I want to be an entrepreneur but I have no ideas yet.

I feel guilty not spending every free minute of my time researching new ideas or learning to make a website.

Do you think it will burn me out or do you think it's okay to read books and do other stuff too?

I do want to work hard but I have no direction to put my effort into.

Get a job. You'll find tons of problems and find things you're pissed off about when you're working which you wish were easier but aren't.

Also, start talking to people. Listen and jot down their complaints. Helps a lot!

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Jobs aren't great for getting rich, but they can be great places to look for inefficiencies or to learn new skills.

Very true! I had a mediocre job at a chain restaurant for a while. Noticed some things that Corporate provided them for marketing & operational technology, and started to ask just now... could I bring those same ideas to some Mom & Pop shops? I just started a Speedway thread on the topic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nannan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Oct 9, 2016
I go out and run. By taking a break from working or researching, and getting my blood pumping, it really gives my brain the time to process everything in the background. After taking a shower, I get new questions to ask and ideas to validate.

ay47

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 29, 2018
Do you really have no ideas or are u rejecting every idea because someone has done it? (in my opinion, it's usually the latter).

If you have an idea, but someone has already done it. Explore it further. What are they weak in? Are there things you can improve on their service / product?

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've decided I want to be an entrepreneur but I have no ideas yet.

Then admit your mind is not right.

Until the world is perfect, ideas will be everywhere.

I see too many ideas and that's because my senses are tuned to see inefficiency and imperfections.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
There's ideas everywhere, literally, take something actually existing and see if you can improve it.
Look at things already existing and ask yourself if it can be use in an other industry in an other form or something like this.

There's ideas everywhere, i come across many every weeks, some are not worth the hustle (you got one life, if it has to take 10y of your life, do it wisely) so then you put them aside.

Some are very huge, talking about having to bring investor to put it up running, but they are sometime the more profitable and the entry is high > don't be afraid of these, they are the one you must seek IF it's what you want.

Look at what people you don't have to be genius, learn from others, look at what they've done, see if you can copy/improve their ideas.

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
Just see what people want and do it for them. I'm good at digital marketing after tinkering for so many years so i decided to offer it as a service and people trust my word and pay me for it.

To see what people want and do it for them .... first our friend should decide what he wants to be and become it.

There is no driver on this journey.

Dear Fab89, decide to leave and leave, everything else you find walking along.

Opportunities multiply as they are picked up.

Here is the winning idea ..... becomes an opportunities hunter.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
People like to bitch and complain; would you agree?

Start listening... eventually someone will bitch about a real problem that perhaps you are able to solve.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
Necro'ing this thread;

James Altucher's daily practice has really helped me; sitting with my black book in front of me with free license to put down anything that would improve anyone's life by even a modicum until I hit at least 10 ideas before the pen has to go down really gets the juices going.
There's a huge block when trying to just put something out that would satisfy SCENTS/TUNEF immediately; but as I've seen here with others, it's relatively easier to come up with a semi-decent idea and keep re-engineering and targeting until it becomes something worthwhile.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.