The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC What do you do when you have no ideas

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

NadiaZ

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 27, 2018
Kansas City
I've decided I want to be an entrepreneur but I have no ideas yet.

I feel guilty not spending every free minute of my time researching new ideas or learning to make a website.

Do you think it will burn me out or do you think it's okay to read books and do other stuff too?

I do want to work hard but I have no direction to put my effort into.
Get a job. You'll find tons of problems and find things you're pissed off about when you're working which you wish were easier but aren't.

Also, start talking to people. Listen and jot down their complaints. Helps a lot!

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 17, 2018
Jobs aren't great for getting rich, but they can be great places to look for inefficiencies or to learn new skills.
Very true! I had a mediocre job at a chain restaurant for a while. Noticed some things that Corporate provided them for marketing & operational technology, and started to ask just now... could I bring those same ideas to some Mom & Pop shops? I just started a Speedway thread on the topic.

Nannan

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 9, 2016
I go out and run. By taking a break from working or researching, and getting my blood pumping, it really gives my brain the time to process everything in the background. After taking a shower, I get new questions to ask and ideas to validate.

ay47

Contributor
Mar 29, 2018
Do you really have no ideas or are u rejecting every idea because someone has done it? (in my opinion, it's usually the latter).

If you have an idea, but someone has already done it. Explore it further. What are they weak in? Are there things you can improve on their service / product?

Last edited:

Genka

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 6, 2015
Turku, Finland
I do it in reverse. I think what I want to get and then see what options there are to get there.

The goal has to be well defined though, like 1 million in 2 years.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I've decided I want to be an entrepreneur but I have no ideas yet.
Then admit your mind is not right.

Until the world is perfect, ideas will be everywhere.

I see too many ideas and that's because my senses are tuned to see inefficiency and imperfections.

AlessioLC

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 19, 2017
France
There's ideas everywhere, literally, take something actually existing and see if you can improve it.
Look at things already existing and ask yourself if it can be use in an other industry in an other form or something like this.

There's ideas everywhere, i come across many every weeks, some are not worth the hustle (you got one life, if it has to take 10y of your life, do it wisely) so then you put them aside.

Some are very huge, talking about having to bring investor to put it up running, but they are sometime the more profitable and the entry is high > don't be afraid of these, they are the one you must seek IF it's what you want.

Look at what people you don't have to be genius, learn from others, look at what they've done, see if you can copy/improve their ideas.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Siberia

Surprise
Speedway Pass
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
Just see what people want and do it for them. I'm good at digital marketing after tinkering for so many years so i decided to offer it as a service and people trust my word and pay me for it.
To see what people want and do it for them .... first our friend should decide what he wants to be and become it.

There is no driver on this journey.

Dear Fab89, decide to leave and leave, everything else you find walking along.

Opportunities multiply as they are picked up.

Here is the winning idea ..... becomes an opportunities hunter.

IGP

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2015
People like to bitch and complain; would you agree?

Start listening... eventually someone will bitch about a real problem that perhaps you are able to solve.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
Necro'ing this thread;

James Altucher's daily practice has really helped me; sitting with my black book in front of me with free license to put down anything that would improve anyone's life by even a modicum until I hit at least 10 ideas before the pen has to go down really gets the juices going.
There's a huge block when trying to just put something out that would satisfy SCENTS/TUNEF immediately; but as I've seen here with others, it's relatively easier to come up with a semi-decent idea and keep re-engineering and targeting until it becomes something worthwhile.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
What’s the minimum amount of skills and knowledge needed to start the course ? This is...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock