The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do I say to people if the past 3 years I have failed and done nothing else in my life?

CEOMike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 27, 2018
Bismarck, ND
What failures? You have been doing a great job at finding ways of how not to do things. ;)

This was the first thing I was going to say, but it looks like someone already said it!

I'm going to spin this a bit differently, so hopefully this will make sense.

I think most people think of failure as an absolute, or 100%. By that I mean if something fails, EVERYTHING was wrong.

That is seldom the case, though.

Sure their may have been more than ONE issue, but typically it was a few bad decisions or parts of the equation that made the whole thing fail. You may have a great cake recipe and 99 of the ingredients are correct, but if you forget the yeast, well...

What I'm getting at is this: Take a good look at what specifically caused you to fail. Were you in the wrong industry? Were your prices too high/low? See if you can pick out the biggest part of the problem, and figure out a solution for it, then rebuild.

I remember Tony Robbins talking about failing at golf when he first started out in one of his seminars. It went something like this:

Tony was working with a coach and the first day he did great. Then when he came back the second day, things just weren't working out the same way. He was slicing and shanking the ball, and just getting frustrated. His coach would chime in after some bad shot and say something like, "Ain't that a bitch?" or some other comment, trying to make light of the moment.

Tony had it and snapped at his coach. He said, "Maybe the problems I'm having are because you're not that great of a coach?"

The coach smiled, then said, "I know you're frustrated, but you're actually not that far off of what you're supposed to be doing. I didn't show you this yet, but watch this." The coach then showed Tony that by turning the club head just a millimeter off of where it's supposed to be has a TREMENDOUS affect on the trajectory of the ball, due to the speed and distance involved. One millimeter to the left, and you're off the fairway. One millimeter to the right, and you're in the water.

Tony took that and reframed it (like he always does) into meaning:

When all hell is breaking loose, you may only be ONE MILLIMETER away from achieving your goal.

So like I said, take a serious look at what failed, and when you do, you may find out that your failure isn't that far from the success you seek!

Better luck on the next try my friend!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Update? Still feel the same?

Jesse Dallenbach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jul 3, 2015
Northern California, U.S.A.
I don't even know what to say to people I have haven't seen in a while and new people.

Why do you need to say anything to them? You have been working on you and your business.

The better question you need to be asking is how to accept/deal with/learn from the results ( or as you say no results) that have occurred , since it appears it has a huge impact on your life and mindset.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.