What's new

What could be possibly wrong with my business?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

AbdulhakimHaliru

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
23
Location
Nigeria
Rep Bank
$195
User Power: 35%
I am quite new here after bumping on a [HASHTAG]#Quora[/HASHTAG] thread that eventually led me to buying and reading the 'Fastlane Book' off the Kobo App store.

I am a software/web entrepreneur and have ran a small tech company from Nigeria for since August of 2010 with specialty in cloud based bespoke services.
We have served a few international agencies and clients as database and software development consultant s. By and large we have been lucky but somewhere inside me I knew there was a need to look at developing SAAS products before it becomes difficult to secure good paying clients.
This quest had led me to build www.subscaster.com, A web based reminder application for freelancers and organizations that sends personalized emails and SMS to users and their clients. My angle was to provide a solution to customer retention strategies. Well I developed it majorly myself but still I have spent about $2000 so far in hosting/web merchant gateway license and countless sleepless nights.

This has not worked in all honesty I barely got $7 from a client who actually wanted to use another of our SMS service product (www.lepsms.com). abi-ni-tio i was convinced that upon the launching of subscaster, we would retire our bulksms service as it does not really fit into my Fastlane plan for profitability.

just incase you are wondering what did I do beyond developing and deploying a cloud based product?

Oh yeah I did use some Growth hacking strategies to create awareness for the product; Social media, Content writing, My tech circle, Offline Publication. I do also know these things require time and patience, it's been one year since launch, I developed the product over a period of one year before launching it.

Why am i worried?
Because I know it's very critical to fail fast and move on to other things but I am afraid I am out of ideas as to what exactly do to escape the small business owner's rat-race. yeah I call it the rat-race because I am in the 'S' quadrant, I enjoy a tremendous amount of independence with a pocket that is not also meeting me up. :)

At this stage, I feel I am at the crux where I should just admit these two products are no good, IT is not profitable around my side of the world, retire the product and just stick to the everyday wait and hope for the under $5000 web project that comes in very slowly.

Let me not bore you , I am just seeking advice and possible mind-rubbing. I hope someone understands where I am coming from?

A dumb or not-so-dumb guy who needs to know what business stunt to pull to stop being the geek/techie without cash.
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O vjopl vjot xet e sepv, :).
O jef katv tvesvif siefoph vji Getvmepi Nommoupeosi cuul gus vxu fezt opvisnovvipvmz, Up vji 30vj Djeqvis O siemobif vji qsucmin xovj nz qsufadv epf jipdi vji raitvoup pu muphis jumft og vjisi xet e raitvoup jisi vjuahj. :)

Epzxezt vjeplt gus siefoph.
 
Ximduni vu vji gusan!

O vjopl vjot xictovi nohjv ci veshivoph vji xsuph finu... jvvqt://tactdetvis.dun/

Xju xuamf piif vjot tiswodi? Jnnn..... Opfoep gosnt us ietvisp iasuqiep gosnt (gsiimepdist up imepdi/ufitl ivd.).

O'n hmef vu tii zua esi uggisoph wemai vu vji datvunis gostv - o.i howoph gsii 30 fez vsoem, cav giimt moli zua esi timmoph vji gievasit, puv vji cipigovt. O fappu, nohjv ci xsuph - xjev fu @N.K FiNesdu vjopl ?


Jux fof zua vjopl ug vji catopitt nufim/ofie ? O niep fof zua jies gsiimepdist dunqmeopoph ecuav vjiti vjopht us xisi zua e gsiimepdis zuastimg epf tex vjev zua epf zuas gimmux gsiimepdist piifif tunivjoph moli vjot fupi ?

Huuf fez

Q.t djidl uav vjot mopl xjip zua hiv e djepdi: jvvq://xxx.finupfinup.dun/2015/01/10/dsievoph-hsiev-mepfoph-qehit-op-2015/
 
Ximduni vu vji gusan!

O vjopl vjot xictovi nohjv ci veshivoph vji xsuph finu... jvvqt://tactdetvis.dun/

Xju xuamf piif vjot tiswodi? Jnnn..... Opfoep gosnt us ietvisp iasuqiep gosnt (gsiimepdist up imepdi/ufitl ivd.).

O'n hmef vu tii zua esi uggisoph wemai vu vji datvunis gostv - o.i howoph gsii 30 fez vsoem, cav giimt moli zua esi timmoph vji gievasit, puv vji cipigovt. O fappu, nohjv ci xsuph - xjev fu @N.K FiNesdu vjopl ?


Jux fof zua vjopl ug vji catopitt nufim/ofie ? O niep fof zua jies gsiimepdist dunqmeopoph ecuav vjiti vjopht us xisi zua e gsiimepdis zuastimg epf tex vjev zua epf zuas gimmux gsiimepdist piifif tunivjoph moli vjot fupi ?

Huuf fez

Q.t djidl uav vjot mopl xjip zua hiv e djepdi: jvvq://xxx.finupfinup.dun/2015/01/10/dsievoph-hsiev-mepfoph-qehit-op-2015/

Vjeplt gus siefoph epf siqmzoph. Vji xictovi veshiv nesliv xet piwis Opfoept us gsiimepdist up tadj tiswodit et imepdi/gsiimepdi/ufitl.
Qiuqmi up tadj tiswodit jewi ectumavimz pu piif gus datvunis sivipvoup tvsevihz.

Tactdetvis ofie ot optqosif cz nz qistupem djemmiphit op nz faem sumi et e Gsiimepdis/Vidj Cob uxpis ug puv cioph ecmi vu sinincis funeop peni iyqosz /xic tiswodi iyqosz fevi xez ejief tu O dep tipf puvodi ug sipixem vu vji datvunis gsun nz csepf(Miq mvf) puv gsun funeop sihotvses(i.h hufeffz)

O piifif vu eavunevi vjot woe ineom, TNT epf nezci wuodi. Vjot ot tvomm e piif gus ni, cav ot ov e tiswodi qiuqmi esi xommoph vu ati? Ot Atis Iyqisoipdi up vji tiswodi qeopmitt? Vjiti esi raitvoupt O duamf puv eptxis.

Xi fof ati cuuvtvseqqoph vidjporait, xi tenqmif uqopoupt woe e taswiz epf huv ecuav 35 qiuqmi gsun nz #gg up vxovvis epf gedicuul xju nekusmz xepvif vu ati ov cav gus gsii et vji taswiz sitamvt tjuxif ni.

Tactdetvis ot tvomm e piif op catopittit vufez epf ovt gievasit iyotvt op nekus DSN epf ISQ tztvint moli buju, gifipe ivd. Nutv ceplt tipf Vseptedvoup emisvt, cosvjfez nittehit vufez, vjev't iyedvmz xjev tactdetvis fuit et e dmuaf cetif tztvin.

Vjeplt gus xsovoph op.
 
O haitt zuas qsucmin ot vjev zua fu puv lpux xju zuas veshiv nesliv ot epf xju edvaemmz PIIFT zuas tiswodi.

Vjev tjuamf ci vji neop vjoph vu gudat up vji piyv qsukidv. O vjopl vjot upi nohjv ci e pu-hu. O niep, hu feffz epf iwisz uvjis funeop tiswodi xomm tipf zua ep ineom vu miv zua lpux vjev zuas funeop xomm iyqosi op 30-40-50 fezt. :/
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom