The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What business to start with one hour a day?

Ywan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Dec 3, 2018
Hi guys,

I currently only have about an hour a day to work on a business. So it would take me years to actually make money on the business idea I've been pursuing for the past few weeks. (At least that's what people I've talked to in this business told me.) It is pretty time intensive. I could outsource most of the work, but don't have the money to do that at the moment.

I'm now wondering if it wouldn't be better to pursue an idea that would make money faster. I realize that it's better to look for a need first ... but because of my small time budget, I think it is important to choose the right kind of business.

Do you guys have any tips for me on what business idea can be built up to the point where it already makes money in about a year with an hour a day?

I am grateful for any tips.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi guys,

I currently only have about an hour a day to work on a business. So it would take me years to actually make money on the business idea I've been pursuing for the past few weeks. (At least that's what people I've talked to in this business told me.) It is pretty time intensive. I could outsource most of the work, but don't have the money to do that at the moment.

I'm now wondering if it wouldn't be better to pursue an idea that would make money faster. I realize that it's better to look for a need first ... but because of my small time budget, I think it is important to choose the right kind of business.

Do you guys have any tips for me on what business idea can be built up to the point where it already makes money in about a year with an hour a day?

Thanks.
Can you "make money" in a week instead of in a year?

Great vitalis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 21, 2022
Hi guys,

Thanks

Last edited:

maras2137

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Nov 19, 2021
Try flipping real esteate's. By one hour a day you can research 100 apartaments by 100 days to know better a market. Flipping is buying a real estates under a market price, value up by renovations and selling with big profit. I know few people who do this with no too much time. I don't how realy work's in yours country, but from this forum and another sources i know IT work's in Greate Britain, Poland, USA. Don't work well in Spain in case of big taxes. You don't need money to do that, you can buy a property replacing paying date - for example one year later or do bussnes with investor's. But you must lern and check out 100 property's to know how what realy is good deal and you must be at traings and conferences. Good luck, and God Bless your's Path. I Hope you get all you want!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Your life is set up in a stupid way if you only have an hour a day.

You have 24 hours in a day, time to reevaluate how you're spending them.

"Oh I have work though!"

How much do you make?

You are either in a stupid job that pays you nothing and you're wasting your time there.

Or you spend way too much money on your personal life and HAVE to work 12 hours a day at your job.

Or you waste a giant amount of time at home doing jack shit and make excuses.

The answer is to either stop spending so much, get a job that pays better and work a bit less at it, stop wasting so much time at home, or to quit your job and do an easy to start high income business with some elbow grease. You can make $100 an hour doing basic shit, and spend the rest of your day working on a long term scalable business.

My buddy makes over 8k a month cleaning off a roof or two each day. It takes a few hours and he gets to allocate the rest of his time how he sees fit.

You are likely just incredibly inefficient if you can't setup your life in a way where you get at least 4 hours a day of free time to focus on a new business venture.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
After hours office/commercial cleaning. 1 small office can be done in 30 to 60 mins with just a vacuum, some cleaning spray and some microfiber cloths. Get 5 clients, then start hiring, then get more clients. The only thing tricky to learn is how to price for your area. How to clean is available on YouTube.

Web design (Fox's course).

Google ads service (Andy's course).

Then you can fund the idea you are originally talking about as well.

Ywan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Dec 3, 2018
Can you "make money" in a week instead of in a year?
I know what you mean. But I guess, that I have too many limiting beliefs in order to make that work, from Impostor Syndrome to thinking that clients are always stressful. It would take me forever to get rid of all that. I don't think I could do much in a week (which is another limiting belief).

Ywan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Dec 3, 2018

"Oh I have work though!"

How much do you make?

You are either in a stupid job that pays you nothing and you're wasting your time there.

Or you spend way too much money on your personal life and HAVE to work 12 hours a day at your job.

The answer is to either stop spending so much, get a job that pays better and work a bit less at it, stop wasting so much time at home, or to quit your job and do an easy to start high income business with some elbow grease. You can make $100 an hour doing basic shit, and spend the rest of your day working on a long term scalable business.

My buddy makes over 8k a month cleaning off a roof or two each day. It takes a few hours and he gets to allocate the rest of his time how he sees fit.

You are likely just incredibly inefficient if you can't setup your life in a way where you get at least 4 hours a day of free time to focus on a new business venture.
You are absolutely right. I need to reevaluate how I spend my time.

It immediately occurred to me that I could use the commute. Depending on the traffic situation, I would have gained 60 to 90 minutes a day, five times a week. At the moment, I mostly read when I'm on the bus, but I could also do something for my company during that time. Granted, not everything is possible on the bus, but there is still a lot I can work on.

I also had two other ideas that might give me an hour or two a day. All of that by just thinking for a couple of minutes about it. It is interesting how we are often blind to the most obvious things. When I read your comment that four hours a day should be feasible, I reflexively thought it wasn't possible. But it is.

Thank you for pointing that out.

maras2137

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Nov 19, 2021
You are absolutely right. I need to reevaluate how I spend my time.

It immediately occurred to me that I could use the commute. Depending on the traffic situation, I would have gained 60 to 90 minutes a day, five times a week. At the moment, I mostly read when I'm on the bus, but I could also do something for my company during that time. Granted, not everything is possible on the bus, but there is still a lot I can work on.

I also had two other ideas that might give me an hour or two a day. All of that by just thinking for a couple of minutes about it. It is interesting how we are often blind to the most obvious things. When I read your comment that four hours a day should be feasible, I reflexively thought it wasn't possible. But it is.

Thank you for pointing that out.
Only 5 times a week? I think when you really want to ger rich, you're all in 7 days 24 hours. You want to get finacial free at only 5 days per week or you lie in bed thinking about your's rich path and get up with bussnes thinking? Are you thinking is having bussnes is like normal under Boss work? No is F*cking hard working, when you had a bussnes you get up with it, you lie down with it and you dreaming about it. When you want to work only 5 days a week about one hour, thing really about are you sure is this Path is for you.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I know what you mean. But I guess, that I have too many limiting beliefs in order to make that work, from Impostor Syndrome to thinking that clients are always stressful. It would take me forever to get rid of all that. I don't think I could do much in a week (which is another limiting belief).
1) A hack that works for me to instantly vaporise limiting beliefs and imposter syndrome is to focus on who you serve.

If an old lady dropped her groceries would you give it a second thought or just rush over and help her?

2) You mentioned "making money". I'd argue we "earn money". It already exists and some people are desperate to give it to someone in exchange for their help.

3) If you're on a bus two hours a day with your mobile phone then can you help people in that time? I'm writing this on my phone lying on our sofa before heading to bed.

4) Maybe check out the first row of links in my signature.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
At the moment, I mostly read when I'm on the bus, but I could also do something for my company during that time
Who are you helping doing either of these things?

How will you earn money reading, or doing something for your company (yourself)?

Can you help, entertain, or otherwise serve someone in that time?

Who will you help this week?

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.

"Oh I have work though!"

How much do you make?

I don't always agree with @Johnny boy's tone. But, this is unfiltered, 1000% truth.
Read his post 3 times, and:
a) If you make changes in your life, you're on a your way.
b) If you don't - you don't want it enough, and no one here can help you.

--
Me?

I'm up at 4am every day, working at laptop by 410am.
That is 7 days a week, for years and years.

Biz should pass $24M annually this year. And I'm grinding harder than ever. It doesn't get easier - I have to keep getting better.
I work out regularly. Eat healthy.
Travel the world constantly.

The time is absolutely there.
You just have to decide if you want success badly enough to prioritize the work.

Most don't want it, so they just talk and talk and never make anything of themselves in business.

Just get to work. Make 4 hours a day, maybe even 8. It's there. Get going.
In 10 years, you'll look back and be so happy you did (no matter what happens, honestly).

patchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Oct 15, 2022
Hi guys,

Thanks.
Hey buddy any update on what your side husstle is? I'm searching for somthing as i did an ecom on amazon and it's failed. Still trying never ganna give up!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.