The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I'm currently reading "The creative habit" by Twyla Tharp. A book about being a creative person, but for an artist. At the beginning I thought that this book was not for me, but near the end it's started to growth in me.

One of the nugget that I found is to do things that you don't want to do, no matter how small there are. So later you can confront problems more difficult.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I bought Atomic Habits and it arrived today. I was following the author James Clear on twitter, he tweeted something interesting and added a link to his mailing list, so I signed up. A day later I got an email that the book was 50% off and if I sent through proof of purchase I would receive bonus material and chapters. Clicked through, purchased, emailed, and got the bonus material.

I wanted to buy it anyway but his funnel was impressive, 1 tweet and I'd bought his book a day later.

YouCanDoThis

Start with Empathy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 2, 2021
Europe
I bought Atomic Habits and it arrived today. I was following the author James Clear on twitter, he tweeted something interesting and added a link to his mailing list, so I signed up. A day later I got an email that the book was 50% off and if I sent through proof of purchase I would receive bonus material and chapters. Clicked through, purchased, emailed, and got the bonus material.

I wanted to buy it anyway but his funnel was impressive, 1 tweet and I'd bought his book a day later.
Finished Atomic Habits before I continued on to TMF and ended up here. Funny, that!

I think it’s a great book. Nothing particularly revolutionary in the theory department, but it shines because it summarizes other books nice and tightly, and boils them down to *actionable* steps more so than, say, Duhigg.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Does anyone read 4 hr body?

can you please give a zest of it and is it worth a read
Look it up on Amazon and read the reviews, that often gives you a good idea of what it's about

mssharlenes

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 11, 2020
Vancouver, Canada
I recently finished reading The Five Second Rule by Mel Robbins. It was an easy read, and pretty repetitive. Despite that, the simple "starting ritual" at its core helped me overcome procrastination. Something that no other book has reliably done.

ragnarcallan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 25, 2020
London
12 Rules for life by Jordan Peterson

I'm about halfway through and already it's in the top 3 books I've ever read. I should finish it this weekend. I take notes on all the books I read and so far this has the most notes taken. It is not a business book but it's a fantastic book for anyone to read. Very good place to start if you are feeling down about life and falling into victimhood.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I'm currently finishing AIQ: How people and Machines Are Smarter Together. It starts well, showing data and knowledge, but at the end is more opinions than anything.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I'm going to go through The Alchemist & The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari in a couple months, planning a nice little wilderness camping & surfing trip to cap off the first quarter of the year. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Cryley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Dec 12, 2020
Australia
Currently reading Positively Geared, its a book written by a real estate investor in Australia who owns multiple properties and a real estate business.

Started as a music teacher earning a modest income and became a property developer using a $40k AUD deposit for a house and leveraging equity he created in the property to buy his next one. Early days into reading it, only maybe 20% through it.

Enjoying so far however the start is a little slow as he introduces you to himself, his beliefs for his success and the characteristics he believes you need to succeed. I'm only just past that part which also is basically a mini autobiography. Its only just now starting to get into the meat of the topic which is how to own multiple properties without negatively gearing the.

The reason I purchased this book was to explore the option of buying multiple properties and renting them out, leading to that replacing my income.

Too early to recommend yet....

Attachments

• 9780730384465.jpg
    9780730384465.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 1

MarkJT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 8, 2019
How To Get Rich by Felix Dennis

How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis

Here's one of my favorite excerpts: "This is so important, gentle reader. It pains me to think about it. If you wish to become rich, look carefully about you at the prevailing industries where wealth appears to be gravitating. THEN GO TO WHERE THE MONEY IS! That is where you should focus your efforts, on the ball marked 'The Money is Here.'"

mistico

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 8, 2016

The Diamond Cutter: The Buddha on Managing Your Business and Your Life​

by Geshe Michael Roac
hdiamond pic.jpg

DukeArcher

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 18, 2021
I'm about halfway through and already it's in the top 3 books I've ever read. I should finish it this weekend. I take notes on all the books I read and so far this has the most notes taken. It is not a business book but it's a fantastic book for anyone to read. Very good place to start if you are feeling down about life and falling into victimhood.
I loved this book, I just pre-ordered his next which comes out next month I believe. He is a brilliant man.

It’s much more political (obviously) so it may or may not be your style, it’s definitely a lighter read, but Fortitude by Dan Crenshaw is an outstanding book that focuses largely on dealing with the overwhelming societal swing toward the ideology of victimization within the United States.

DukeArcher

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 18, 2021
I am reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

It taught me that culturally, we're headed in the wrong direction.
I agree with your take away.

But the book itself, honestly, while a classic worth reading, but wasn’t for me.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Does anyone read 4 hr body?

can you please give a zest of it and is it worth a read

Why take fitness advice from Tim Ferriss when you could get fitness advice from Arnold Schwarzenegger, Vince Gironda, Tom Platz, Christian Thibadeau, or actual athletes / professional fitness coaches?

Last edited:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

I really liked the section on order and chaos, having one foot in each camp. I've often been all in with one or the other, to my detriment.

At the moment I'm reading Start with why by Simon Sinek. So far so good.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I just finished listening to The Oxygen Advantage by Patrick McKeown.
It about how to breathe and the effects of mouth breathing on the human body.

Now I listening to Billion Dollar Loser by Reeves Wiedeman
It's about the rise and fall of Adam Neumann and WeWork.

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
Has anyone read So Good They Can't Ignore You by Carl Newport?

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
I’m finally giving “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod a listen on audible! Never thought I would be a morning person, but this book may actually convert me to prefer early vs. late.

YouCanDoThis

Start with Empathy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 2, 2021
Europe
Started listening to The China Study, which has come recommended by a couple of people now.

From what I’ve understood so far, it goes into the effects of your diet on your health. Fits in nicely with my Q1 main focus of improving my health.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.