The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

WhoDatBoy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2020
The Netherlands
Never Split the Difference: Negotiating as if Your Life Depended on It
By Chris Voss

So far it's quite interesting. I actually started reading it because it got quite a high score on goodreads, it interested me but a friend of mine told me he did not like it so I had to find out for myself.

For anyone reading this: please read Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins. That shit changes you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Martin Boeddeker

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jun 5, 2018
Paderborn, Deutschland
Just finished reading "Overdeliver".

I've never heard of Brian Kurtz before but reading from someone who was responsible for sending more than 2 billion (!!!) pieces of profitable physical mail is something every entrepreneur could learn from.

The book comes with some amazing bonuses from some of the best direct response marketers of all time.

(Jay Abraham | Gary Bencivenga | Dick Benson | Eric Betuel | Fred Catona | David Deutsch | Gordon Grossman | Arthur Johnson |Dan Kennedy | Parris Lampropoulos | Perry Marshall | Ken McCarthy | Greg Renker | Eugene Schwartz | Joe Sugarman ...and many more!)

Code4fun

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 24, 2020
How this thread works... when you start reading a new book, you update it here. It’s nice to have a log of what everyone on the forum is reading and i’m sure it will spark discussions and recommendations.

I’m also creating the Fastlane Bookclub on Goodreads where you can share what you’re reading, add your favorites, and talk about books. I haven’t explored all the features, but I’m sure there’s a bunch of stuff we’ll benefit from. Join the group!

So, Currently I’m reading

View attachment 21438

Persuasive Advertising: Evidence-based Principles by J. Scott Armstrong​
This book translates knowledge about persuasion into evidence-based principles. Useful knowledge about persuasion has been obtained over the last 100 years from the experience of advertising experts and from empirical studies in advertising and other fields including psychology, consumer behavior, law, mass communication, politics, and propaganda.​
The principles in Persuasive Advertising provide understandable and easy-to-access guidance for all types of advertising. Including still media such as print and Internet, and motion media such as TV, streaming video, Internet, and radio. They also apply to other types of persuasive communications such as management reports, speeches, and press releases.​
Wharton School Professor J. Scott Armstrong spent over 16 years on this book. In recent years, he was assisted by Gerry Lukeman, Chairman Emeritus of Ipsos-ASI and Sandeep Patnaik, Research Director at Gallup and Robinson. Altogether, more than 80 people contributed to Persuasive Advertising by obtaining relevant studies, analyzing data, editing and reviewing, and surveying researchers to ensure that the book correctly summarizes their findings.​
Persuasive Advertising summarizes findings from about 3,000 empirical studies and 50 books. It also presents new findings from previously unpublished studies. .​
Along with the AdPrin Audit software on AdPrin.com, Persuasive Advertising enables advertisers as well as agencies to quickly and inexpensively identify ways to improve ads – or to determine which of a set of ads will be most effective. For example, it typically requires about an hour for an experienced user to obtain a persuasiveness index for a print ad along with a list of ways to improve the ad.,​
By using these principles, advertisers can improve their creativity and effectiveness.​

And

View attachment 21439

Hack Your Motivation: Over 50 Science-Based Strategies to Improve Performance by Bobby Hoffman
Finally!!!! Evidence-based research on motivation that's written in an engaging, humorous, easy-to-read style!"--Karen, Performance & Leadership Consultant​
Bobby masterfully bridges the gap between research and practice by applying high quality motivational research to everyday life."--David, Master Educator **"This book is not easy to put down. You will find yourself often referring back to its pages. The a-ha moments will cascade in."--Glenn, Team Leader & Operations Manager​
Hack Your Motivation gives you the latest and most reliable performance tools and tips to help you reach your personal or profession goals. Written by motivational scientist and leadership consultant Dr. Bobby Hoffman, this book converts hard-core research from psychology, business, athletics, neuroscience, and education into easy-to-read and simple-to-master strategies. Hoffman includes unorthodox examples from his own life and the lives of others to enlighten, inspire, and amuse ---so anyone can learn to maximize their untapped potential. If achieving glory, feeling good about your accomplishments, or understanding why you do what you do (or don't do) is important to you, then look no further.​
What are you reading?
Im currently reading The hands off investor by Brian Burke. Its a good book if you already have cash that you need to invest and get a safe but high return

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness - Kindle edition by Jorgenson, Eric, Butcher, Jack, Ferriss, Tim. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness

almanack_of_naval_ravikant.jpg

By far the best book I've read this year so far. So much knowledge on wealth, happiness and philosophy. And so much more to dig into after reading the book (a LOT of great resources in the bonus section).

Highly, highly recommended. I feel very introspective now.

I was looking up who this guy was and ended up on his/a website that offers this book for free.

If you know how to use a .mobi file with Amazon, you can send it to your Kindle app or device. Otherwise, the book can be read online or downloaded as a PDF as well.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I am reading Life 3.0, a book about the challenges and dangers of AI. And starting too Damn Right, which is about Charlie Munger and Berkshire Hathaway.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I was looking up who this guy was and ended up on his/a website that offers this book for free.

If you know how to use a .mobi file with Amazon, you can send it to your Kindle app or device. Otherwise, the book can be read online or downloaded as a PDF as well.

I know. But it cost $0.99 when I bought it and I prefer to have a Kindle book synced with my account. Sending a .mobi is a possibility but it's not the same as a nicely-synced Kindle book. Also, wanted to support the author.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
I know. But it cost $0.99 when I bought it and I prefer to have a Kindle book synced with my account. Sending a .mobi is a possibility but it's not the same as a nicely-synced Kindle book. Also, wanted to support the author.

No problem. I just wanted to leave the resource here for others since I randomly came across it. I use the .mobi files a lot to send to my Kindle apps when I want to read a book that I don’t necessarily care to purchase knowing I probably won’t stick with it.

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
+1 for Anything by Naval. I love his twitter feed and any podcast he's in.

I added this to my reading list, downloaded it to my kindle and made a note to start reading it tomorrow earlier today. Now I will start reading it after I hit post on this reply :)

Finished it in two days... 5*/5*

If anyone wants to become friends on Goodreads:

Martin Boeddeker

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jun 5, 2018
Paderborn, Deutschland
Finished it in two days... 5*/5*

If anyone wants to become friends on Goodreads:

I finished it yesterday one sitting.

Although there was almost nothing new for me it was super fun reading from something who thinks exactly like me.

I love to read from people who can express my way of thinking so much better than I can do it myself. :happy:

That being said: I'm really looking forward to reading some of his recommended books.

Recommendation from books I like this is my favorite way to find new books that are worth reading.

Martin Boeddeker

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jun 5, 2018
Paderborn, Deutschland
Poor Charlie's Almanack is a limited edition, hard-cover, coffee-table volume approximately 548 pages in length (3rd Edition) filled with hundreds of color illustrations and photographs.

The most expensive book I've ever read but also one of the best.

A lot of the advice from Charlie can be applied to choosing the right business yourself.

Definitely worth reading!

5*/5*

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I am finishing "The compound effect", a book that I like it very much because the author talks about how you have to work every day to create a compound effect that finally achieve what we want.

Untio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Sep 15, 2020
Spain
Currently reading "As a man thinket" from James Allen
If you are interested self knowledge/ self improvement this book is phenomenal.
This edition also includes "8 pillars of prosperity" + a little biography of the author. (Included the link in the photo, no afiliate)

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
What if what you have been told about hunter-gatherers is wrong?

What if the return on progress is negative?

This book is the Fastlane version applied to progress (tagging @MJ DeMarco for that). Very eye-opening.

71dkgjvgKZL.jpg

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
How this thread works... when you start reading a new book, you update it here. It’s nice to have a log of what everyone on the forum is reading and i’m sure it will spark discussions and recommendations.

I’m also creating the Fastlane Bookclub on Goodreads where you can share what you’re reading, add your favorites, and talk about books. I haven’t explored all the features, but I’m sure there’s a bunch of stuff we’ll benefit from. Join the group!

View attachment 21438

This book translates knowledge about persuasion into evidence-based principles. Useful knowledge about persuasion has been obtained over the last 100 years from the experience of advertising experts and from empirical studies in advertising and other fields including psychology, consumer behavior, law, mass communication, politics, and propaganda.​
The principles in Persuasive Advertising provide understandable and easy-to-access guidance for all types of advertising. Including still media such as print and Internet, and motion media such as TV, streaming video, Internet, and radio. They also apply to other types of persuasive communications such as management reports, speeches, and press releases.​
Wharton School Professor J. Scott Armstrong spent over 16 years on this book. In recent years, he was assisted by Gerry Lukeman, Chairman Emeritus of Ipsos-ASI and Sandeep Patnaik, Research Director at Gallup and Robinson. Altogether, more than 80 people contributed to Persuasive Advertising by obtaining relevant studies, analyzing data, editing and reviewing, and surveying researchers to ensure that the book correctly summarizes their findings.​
Persuasive Advertising summarizes findings from about 3,000 empirical studies and 50 books. It also presents new findings from previously unpublished studies. .​
Along with the AdPrin Audit software on AdPrin.com, Persuasive Advertising enables advertisers as well as agencies to quickly and inexpensively identify ways to improve ads – or to determine which of a set of ads will be most effective. For example, it typically requires about an hour for an experienced user to obtain a persuasiveness index for a print ad along with a list of ways to improve the ad.,​
By using these principles, advertisers can improve their creativity and effectiveness.​

And

View attachment 21439

Hack Your Motivation: Over 50 Science-Based Strategies to Improve Performance by Bobby Hoffman
Finally!!!! Evidence-based research on motivation that's written in an engaging, humorous, easy-to-read style!"--Karen, Performance & Leadership Consultant​
Bobby masterfully bridges the gap between research and practice by applying high quality motivational research to everyday life."--David, Master Educator **"This book is not easy to put down. You will find yourself often referring back to its pages. The a-ha moments will cascade in."--Glenn, Team Leader & Operations Manager​
Hack Your Motivation gives you the latest and most reliable performance tools and tips to help you reach your personal or profession goals. Written by motivational scientist and leadership consultant Dr. Bobby Hoffman, this book converts hard-core research from psychology, business, athletics, neuroscience, and education into easy-to-read and simple-to-master strategies. Hoffman includes unorthodox examples from his own life and the lives of others to enlighten, inspire, and amuse ---so anyone can learn to maximize their untapped potential. If achieving glory, feeling good about your accomplishments, or understanding why you do what you do (or don't do) is important to you, then look no further.​
What are you reading?
Currently reading Unscripted . Just joined the group. Hey @MJ DeMarco reading any books currently?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Unfu*c yourself

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

dennisgerik

Unemployable?
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 24, 2015
Seattle, WA
I just finished "The Infinite Game" by Simon Sinek. I find that it reinforces the concept that business is "infinite" and trying to play it with a "finite mindset" is extremely limiting.

Jdes91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 5, 2020

View attachment 21438

And

View attachment 21439

What are you reading?
Just finished reading the 10 pillars of wealth by Alex Becker. Overall, I enjoyed it although it felt somewhat redundant after reading the Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted . Alex can come off as a bit of narcissist to some people, but he really is onto something with his dopamine fasting and biohack videos on his youtube channel, some of the tips he's provided have really stuck with me (limiting foods with inflammation, cutting out things that give you a dopamine high and staying focused on your work for hours on end).

My next book will have to be about tips for managing your time and money and executing ideas, as well as other books about cutting out little things in your life. I feel I already read enough motivational books about entrepreneurship and don't really need to be convinced about the benefits of being an entrepreneur (Unscripted and TMFL already did that). I appreciate any and all suggestions!!!! Thinking of reading the 10x rule by Grant Cardone, hearing some great things about it so far.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
What a thread guys!

Wanted to buy a couple of books on Amazon last weekend and opened this thread to find some inspiration.

This means that I have spent the whole week researching EVERY single book you have recommended and have narrowed it down to around 80 different ones that I want.

Guess the 2-3 books I wanted to order will be 15-20 books instead haha. The tough part now will be to narrow down my TOP 80 to a TOP 20. Wish me luck!

PURE GOLD THREAD!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Just ordered these 20 bad boys. Can't wait for them to arrive. Ready for a long winter!

Salt, Sugar, Fat
The Complete Guide To Fasting
Cashvertising
Replay
3 Months To No.1
The Geography of Bliss
The Mastermind
Finding Ultra
McMafia
The Penguin History of Modern Russia
Never Split The Difference
Awaken The Giant Within
Easy Way To Stop Smoking
Tiny Habits
The Miracle Morning
Principles: Life and Work
Unscripted
Million-Dollar, One-Person Business
Mans Search For Meaning
Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging

Thank you for all the recommendations! (my wallet does not thank you though haha)

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
I study finance in college and decided to reread The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko. One of my fav books that worth reading.
That book is dope. Opened my eyes big time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.