The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
I was in the GOLD mines today, looking for glimmers and clues in the cracks and alcoves,
A man who sold tasty frozen treats had let slip the recommendation of one book that was recommended to him early in his journey.
I went out on a hunch at this site, snaking my hand deep into the crevice, brushing past cobwebs, reaching and grasping.

And Then I Touched It.

41gJGy3jLhL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I don't know why fortune has smiled upon me lately, but this book has done more in 80 pages than 1500 pages of like books I've read to date.
The beginning isn't even specifically a focus on marketing, just fatherly advice on diet, and holding the upper hand in looking (and being strong); about seeing a man get stabbed in the eye for being a snitch.
Then it turns.
He lays it all out.
Finding lists, what the best markets are; how it is imperative to Find A Market First and Then Sell to it. I'm only so far in but I'm reeling that I'm getting the skinny on direct marketing and influence from one of the greatest copywriters of the 20th century.
I know exactly what I'm reading after my miracle morning tomorrow.

Godspeed

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019

The 50th Law:
Complete self-reliance, and bludgeoning your fear to death.

Realizing that you can either hustle, or you can die; and that it's completely your choice.

Hearing a story like 50 cent's, especially his decision after getting a first "job" bagging crack rocks and deciding from this illegal job that employment would never be for him is amazing.

Greene cuts through the shit, and tells you straight out that no book, no guru, no course, and knowledge will ever give you what you don't already have.

This book was like a 40-ton drop-kick straight to the balls; now it's about finding my grit, dropping everything, taking what I've been putting off, and start executing.

I've already made some minor changes; From now on I'm going to have to work to make regular life as painful as possible, at home or out abroad, to start creating real change.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Just read The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement.

A gem. Saw it as recommended by Jeff Bezos. And man, I loved it. A definite re-read for me.

I think MJ said once that he was looking at writing the novel version of Unscripted . This book is an example of what it would look like.

519C2Gz-v2L._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Now reading two:
- Range: Why generalist triumph in a specialized world
- Supply Chain Management for Dummies

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
I've already made some minor changes; From now on I'm going to have to work to make regular life as painful as possible, at home or out abroad, to start creating real change.

Real change means that you have a philosophy wich sustains it.
Nietzsche sait it this way :
"phlegmatic natures can be inspired to enthusiasm only be being made into fanatics "
If you are not willing to die for you philosophy, you are probably a regular guy like everyone else.

by the way, i 'm not reading one book but dozens of books at the same time so i won't go into the details .

maybe you should look at this :

.striking.jpg

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
Just read The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement.

519C2Gz-v2L._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Saw this at Barnes and Noble, the novel itself looks good but that cover hurts my eyes. May go ahead and pick up the audiobook if there's a narration already.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Reading Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman.

Finding this extremely informative and I am only 20% into the book. It's definitely changing my thought process on marketing to target markets.

Listening to Platform Revolution.

So far so good. Only an half hour into the book but it seems like it's going to be useful.

ToraBro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jul 17, 2017
Japan
Just finished reading Unscripted . It was a really great book that is motivational, tells you the steps to start taking action, and to me is like the bible of entrepreneurship. Looking for a new book to read during my train ride to work. (still slowlane as F*ck, but am trying to start a business in my spare time)

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
GUEST_140cf3bc-cb44-41d6-98c9-6e002f4ba240

A worthy Robert Greene book. The hard copy doesn't look like much and the formatting is cheap, but heard through audible it rings through as the genuine article.

51wTfDKpkaL.jpg

About a fifth of the way through.
As someone that listens to Unscripted on repeat, this book is more relaxed though ellsberg brings in a lot of good anecdotes and interviews.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
How Jesus Became God : the Exaltation of a Jewish Preacher from Galilee-Bart Ehrman

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada

Ramtin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 16, 2018
The Netherlands
Last couple of months I read the following books: atomic habits by James Clear because MJ recommended it. Very good one. Will read it again. I also completed never split the difference which is a book about negotiating written by a hostage negotiator. To take a small break from entrepreneur books I read “sapiens” which I love! And another very interesting one was hacking Darwin. Right now i’m back to business and Started zero to one. Thinking about buying 10x but for some reason I’m doubting that it will be of great value. As the core principle is very clear and simple.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA

What I like about this book is that it really highlights the aspect of putting the customer first and foremost in business endeavors. Looking at everything from their perspective. The author owned and operated the largest psychiatry practice in New York and was a self-made multimillionaire. It talks a lot about the science of consciousness as well and how it relates to a successful business and life. Highly recommend it.

Insidious

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 3, 2019
Asheville, NC
View attachment 25036

What I like about this book is that it really highlights the aspect of putting the customer first and foremost in business endeavors. Looking at everything from their perspective. The author owned and operated the largest psychiatry practice in New York and was a self-made multimillionaire. It talks a lot about the science of consciousness as well and how it relates to a successful business and life. Highly recommend it.

@Bryan James
Does the book say anything about the source of the book? Dr. Hawkins died in 2012.

William B

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 29, 2018
How to Win friends & Influence people
21 Lessons for the 21st century
Autobiography of Walt Disney

Last 3 books I have read... still working on Disney's autobiography and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to hear about a man who overcame failure after failure, and tons of adversity!!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I haven't seen many resources recommended here on creating white papers.
My recent Upwork gig was polishing a white paper.

Tough job, as you need to organize data, cut out crap and not be salesy.

I had to run a few revisions on the project as I was still green to it.

Then I found a website called That White Paper Guy, by Gordon Graham. He also wrote a book on the subject called White Papers for Dummies.

I used to worry that the Dummies series was too basic.

I was wrong.

It explained LOTS about where white papers can work well for which sales processes, its evolution through the times, and how to decide WHAT KIND of white paper you are looking to make (he describes them in terms of 'flavours'), and how to create that.

A backgrounder? A product specs? Combination of both?

Plus, Graham's website has some sample white papers to look at as well.
They seem to be on technologies long obsolete, but the concepts and formatting are still evergreen.

Anakalypsi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jan 2, 2019
Currently listening to The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and man did I underestimate it.

The clickbait title was a huge no-no for me for a long time but both the content and how it is narrated really resonates well with me.

This one I will relisten to digest it better after I've finished it

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
It's been a busy past few weeks

And last but not least:
Finally got my hard copy of unscripted in, between reading and listening to it I have almost the entire book memorized.

Why the f*** would you read so many books instead of selling fidget spinners on street corners and TAKING ACTION like a real hustler siddharhtha?
Because I am trapped in an office for a good amount of time and have a Fortune of time to spend listening to audible books.
At the moment I only have about 2 hours a day (waking up at 4am) to work on my business and plying myself to copywriting in hopes of escaping and gaining more time. Audio books are a way for me to fight back
No one is perfect, everybody does what they can do to do what they can; I'm just throwing in extra ingredients as I'm prepping my launchpad.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
@AndrewNC

Thank you, you created something that truly helped someone early in the journey.
We kept talking about this book in our Mastermind for days.

Attachments

• 5107aNT6VFL._SY177_.jpg
    5107aNT6VFL._SY177_.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 15

MickeyNicks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Sep 13, 2018
Platform Revolution: How Networked Markets Are Transforming the Economy and How to Make Them Work for You

Becoming Dr. Seuss: Theodor Geisel and the Making of an American Imagination

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.