The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Trying to read Elon Musk but the start is sorta boring me. I will make a decision after I complete the sample.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
JUST finished shoe dog by Phil Knight today .

As of now, I don't think any book has or could ever effect me like this again. I followed a regular young man from his days as a college track runner to being the 54th richest person in the world; all this based on a dream of selling a better product to tell and produce a better story in his community.

The heaviest hitter: Phil explaining how he took his father on a worldwide trip and watching his father's eyes lighting up in surprise and then pride seeing Nike shoes on 6 different continents; and that while he never explicitly got his father's approval about his business, he knew that those looks on that journey were enough.

This book has completely eaten me, send help.

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Bad Blood by John Carreygou - I cannot get over how they fooled how many highly successful people into backing Theranos. She must be extremely charismatic to pull that off. It seems like it would be common sense that it is too good to be true.

Selling the Invisible by Harry Beckwith - I am running a service business now and this is apparently the bible for growing them.

Going No. 1 on Google - this is about local SEO for small businesses.

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson. Loving his take on expanding your awareness.
Telling a story and creating a CULT-ture.
A fab Marketing tool. Loving it.

He has a free bootcamp you can take about setting up successful sales funnels. I did a lot of it last year but never finished. I will probably start over and do it again. It is easy to follow and valuable information for free. I highly recommend it.

NobodysStranger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 14, 2015
Just started reading Ask And It Is Given after picking it up today. I definitely understand any skepticism about this book, but it has been recommended by enough people I respect to be worth a read.

Rob-LM

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 6, 2019
Last book I read was Power vs. Force, interesting book about consciousness, human behavior, and a unique re-contextualization of reality. The very minute part of the book that mentions business mentions that integrity is worthwhile.

WarWizard

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 22, 2014
Maitland, Australia
Have been reading Three Simple Steps by Trevor Blake.
Excellent read so far. It is written by a practitioner like MJ, Felix Dennis and Richard Branson.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Serve to win-Novak Djokovic. Very interesting view of Djokovic in terms of his gluten free diet that lead him to have one of the best tennis season of all time.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
Listening to Finding my virginity by Sir Richard Branson and reading the million dollar one-person business by Elaine Pofeldt.

Liking tMDoPB because it's taking 2 pages from 4HWW and expanding it out to 200 pages, showing the lives and tools of all of these real people. Also getting hope because a lot of them sell either only one product, or a few small and semi-stupid kinds of things but still clearing 1,000,000$ yearly; be it tea kettles or virtual golf-coaching.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
Haha, yes I got the same impression and have such friends. T.b.h. nothing wrong with it. I like those kind of people as long they have something interesting to say.

He reminds me of the old power thirst video from you tube. Some things he says are so over the top, At one point in the audiobook, he asks why your wasting time sleeping then corrects to over sleeping. The coke comment makes sense based on that lol.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Trying to read Elon Musk but the start is sorta boring me. I will make a decision after I complete the sample.
The book is pretty boring with completely fascinating bits strewn throughout... It's so painful yet so rewarding lol. good luck. I got a lot of inspiration from elon

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
The book is pretty boring with completely fascinating bits strewn throughout... It's so painful yet so rewarding lol. good luck. I got a lot of inspiration from elon

I am going to take a chance and read it lol

MNejc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Mar 10, 2019
Slovenia
Currently I’m reading a book with the title “This is Marketing”. It was written by Seth Godin who has written nany books and is also known for altMBA.

The book or author and the fastlane forum included are pulling me into taking action as never before and my desire is unbelievably increasing. I must start a business soon and I think I know what it’s going to be.

Have a nice day.

Jello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 1, 2018
NL
Currently I’m reading a book with the title “This is Marketing”. It was written by Seth Godin who has written nany books and is also known for altMBA.

The book or author and the fastlane forum included are pulling me into taking action as never before and my desire is unbelievably increasing. I must start a business soon and I think I know what it’s going to be.

Have a nice day.
That one is on my to read list.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Blitzscaling by Reid Hoffman (co-founder of LinkedIn) and Chris Yeh.

There's some great tips to get from $0 to scale quickly. You need balls of steel though.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada

Have a nice day.
Great book, he should have had someone else read the audiobook though, hes very dry.

rynor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 15, 2019
Orlando, FL
510yt1eAhWL._SY346_.jpg

connorryan92

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Nov 6, 2018
Sydney
Half way through reading 'Pre-Suasion' by Robert Cialdini after seeing it mentioned a few times on the forum. Very interesting read and has given me some new tips and avenues when looking at sales and closing a deal before even bringing it to the table.

Also finally got round to reading 'The Miracle Morning' yesterday and haven't been able to put it down since. Put it into action today and jumped out of bed at 5am, having a productive day ever since.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
Also finally got round to reading 'The Miracle Morning' yesterday and haven't been able to put it down since. Put it into action today and jumped out of bed at 5am, having a productive day ever since.

Synopsis? I got the "For entrepreneurs" version but it smells like a cash grab instead of a meaningful version of the original.

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 21, 2019
Houston
Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie and book by the Dollop guys, Gareth Reynolds and Dave Anthony, The History of Absurdity. I think it's great to learn from our mistakes and work on problem solving, strategic thinking without having to be in a hustle mentality all the time.

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
41G31PmESwL._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
its very interesting how these things evolved from post communist russia to todays multi billion dollar "companys".
criminals... but fastlaners in their own sense.

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO

Have a nice day.

I recommend reading everything Seth Godin has written. He also narrates all of his books and has a great voice for it. I am actually surprised I havent seen him mentioned more on this forum but I have only been here a short time.

He also answers his emails and gives thoughtful answers to questions. He is up there among the people I most admire. I love his attitude and the way he supports people who create. His books are full of advice that go against the norm. He is one of the best marketing minds in the world.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.