The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are your hobbies?

CyrusVirus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 7, 2011
Hey all,

This question has been on my mind for a good while now, and I wondering what hobbies do you fastlaners, fastlaner-gonnabes, fastlaner-wannabes have?

What is it that you do to unwind? Is it a cup of hot chocolate while enjoying the company of the words of wisdom found in the form of books? Or perhaps it's driving your Lamborghini down the highway on a sunny day?

What is it?

I'll share a little about what I do to unwind to kick this off:

1. I just picked up learning the piano by watching Youtube videos, I love challenging myself with learning something new as it is a humbling experience that reminds me of the 'process' MJ talks about in his book.

2. I'm a stand-up guy (I stand while I work), and I find that this helps me unwind while at the same time being productive throughout the day.

3. I love going outdoors, it 'reboots' my system and gives me a broader perspective than just hustling for financial freedom.

So. What's yours? I'm pretty sure you guys have some odd and unique hobbies that you indulge in when you take a break from forging your fastlane :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SHHDlove

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
My hobbies? Glad you asked:

1) Rock Climbing at a local wall with my wife
2) Reading articles on the internet (political, business, cracked(dot)com, etc.)
3) Video Games. Lots of Video Games.
4) Posting on this forum, now recently

linda

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 22, 2011
1) reading mangas online. Aaah.. I feel so guilty
2) Watching youtube videos. In my spare times, I often watch documentaries on youtube. Other times, I watch funny variety shows to unwind.
3) When I'm really stressed out, I really enjoy running around the lake behind my house. Unfortunately, this does not come very often and right now I am trying to get myself to run more frequently.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I read books, surf the the internet, play games with the kids. I LOVE to cook. I also enjoy watching the food network channel and looking up new recipies. I also play 2 facebook games from time to time.

I am in the process of trying to convince the hubby to take up bike riding with me and the kids(need to buy me n him a bike in order to do that hence the convincing part lol). I cant do alot of walking or physical activity because of my back and I think/hope that bike riding will increase my cardio stamina and hopefully wont hurt my back too much!

jzchristian

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 21, 2011
Henderson, Tx
Reading, Reading, and lets see Reading. If I am not working and reading my wife and kids get my time. I do enjoy cuddling up with my daughters and watching cartoons on Sat. Morn. or watching a movie w/ my wife when time permitts.

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
I was fire dancing for about 5 years but iv had accident at fire festival and hurt my shoulder alot ;/

Now im fully healthy but after 5 years its no more fun, now more fun i can see in new lamborgini so im planning to be a fastlaner:>

i was trying to learn guitar but all i can is play from tabs.

As a kid i liked games, i was game tester now I will make one :)

there is no time for hobby, when i will be fastlaner propably i gonna travel, buy house, and then all fun will start.

Im planning to go to the gym or something :D

theres vid with my accident, iv always watch to the half bcos when i see my accident it hurts ^^

[video=youtube;5lqd49KeWto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lqd49KeWto[/video]

and some old photos:

Pokaz_w_sopocie_by_speedyexe.jpg

Fire_Backwards_by_speedyexe.jpg

CyrusVirus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 7, 2011
I can see most of you have some form of physical activity as part of your hobbies, that's good. I run regularly every Sunday, and I time myself too. Oddly, what they say is true: what gets measured improves :D

SHHDlove, I tried rock-climbing before. Unfortunately my upper body was so weak back then I could barely hold onto anything. haha!

linda, I take it you enjoy indulging in attending comic conferences too? :)

trnkyit, kayaking is fun. Only did it once at the islands during holiday.

CarrieW, sounds like you need to rally the kids to convince him, 3 against 1 will almost always win!

jzchristian, I can picture a happy family in my head after reading your reply, thumbs!

speedyexe, you remind me of my buddy who won a Wushu competition. The fire spinning gig looks really cool, not everyone dares that. So it's neat!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Reading books
Working out in the Gym (and sports in general..)
Photoshop graphic design
Music
Movies

Would love to do some surfing, photography and traveling around USA!
;)

Maestro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 20, 2011
Being a bit of a endorphine junkie, I have to exercise at least an hour a day, so;

1. Pumping iron
2. Krav Maga
3. Running.
And also;
4. Reading.
5. Clubbing

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Golf and sailing. Started golf a few years ago with a friend, sailed since I was 6. Unfortunately I can't do either right now and couldn't for the last 3 years since I moved out on my own because of my current budget. I also played bass since I was very young, but don't have my equipment here, looking to pick it up again in the near future.

I also read a lot and like to work out in the gym, but in my opinion those aren't really hobbies and should be part of everybody's life.

St.Alpine

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 6, 2012
Germany
I started playing the guitar when I was 15.
I always gravitated towards it.
When our music teacher used it, I couldn't go by the guitar without playing some
open strings.
That obsession came because my dad had been an engineer at a CD manufacturer, when
I was young. So he'd always bring the latest productions home and I listened to everything
I could get my hands on.
I am obsessed with guitars and music to this day.

Reading a lot of non fictional.
I probably have have the collection of Penguin Books
at home.:p
Working out is difficult right now, because gyms here only have long time
contracts. The little gym my parents have just
consists of some dumbarrels and some shopping channel shit.:bgh:
Pretty useless.

Other than that cars.
Also found this hobby when I was very young
starting to race karts.

KirbyRaymund

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Apr 11, 2013
i've been playing guitar since High school
i love the water... the beach
hiking/mountain climbing
reading - i am reading a lot of james michener lately
movie - i like comedy
running

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.