The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are the Critical Success Factors for launching a Supplements Products

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey guys,

For people that already have experience in the supplements niche: im looking for a list of the 5 - 10 critical success factors that you think are most important when launching a business in this area.

Im currently in the process of launching my own supplement product and would love to hear from the big boys, what you think I should focus on?

Thanks for any tips/advice.

Best

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
Wouldn't say that im one of the big boys, but my company has been going strong for a little over 2 years now. I don't know if I can give you 5-10, but in my experience the critical factors in the supplement industry are:

- Having A Product That People Want: Ive seen a boatload of supplement companies and most of them are gone after a year or so. They think they have it all figured out, because their product is some obscure Tree Bark Powder or Seaweed Exract that "really works". The thing is, no one is really looking for it.
IMO, your supplement has to be attached to a regular activity. No one is looking to "elevate their mood" with supplements, but they are looking to beast their workout, or maintain a firm stiffy in bed. You need to be in that lane. Offering help to everyday activities

- Marketing: Doesn't matter how good your product is, if your ads are not being seen, you're not going to attract new customers. You can literally sell $5K in product one week due to marketing efforts, then make $0 the next if those same ads are taken down. You ALWAYS need to be in front of eyes of new customer. IG, Twitter, Youtube, Podcasts. PROMOTE

- Knowing your Audience: This goes along with marketing, but you need to be where your potential customers are. If you're promoting a sexual product, you need to be on smut sites and in adult video stores. If your product is for working out, you need to be all over fitness channels and targeting workout guys with your hashtags.
There was a guy on this board who had a "peacefulness" supplement. I was telling him for the longest that he should go after the ASMR crowd. Pay one of the popular artist to promote his product in their videos. I feel like he would have racked up. He never went this route and I don't think his company is around anymore

If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.