Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
- Jul 26, 2019
I have experimented with it and documented my results day to day and compared it with coffee and the small stimulus of caffeine in regular amounts of very dark chocolate. I also compared it to moderate intake of alcohol, but this might be more subjective since genes determine how you react to alcohol to a high degree. I react very positively to alcohol, I get energized and focused, so for me it was a fair comparison. Here are my takeaways. Note, I tried armodafinil, which as far as I can tell is an exaggeration of modafinil.
1. Armodafinil is by far the best stimulus. Hands down, no holds barred. The closest is having too many cups of coffee, but without the jitters. Seriously, its magical how you aren't jittery on it. That said, don't take caffeine with it. They don't play nicely. Thats a good way to become very unproductive, most likely through an unstoppable desire to work out.
2. If your problem is mood, getting used to eating large amounts of very dark (70% or higher) chocolate is by far the best way to go. Aside from elevating metabolism with caffeine, dark chocolate has elements that will make you happy, almost magically. And stay happy.
3. You don't crash with armodafinil, and its not addictive, but it is good to take breaks from using it.
4. Your first day will be Hell, you will not be able to sleep, even if you take it first thing in the morning. This gets better. Give it some time.
5. Most importantly the stimulus it does provide is the kind you want. You feel calm and able to tackle everything. Things that seemed hard become easier to break down into components you can easily tackle. You will find yourself doing everything you want to do, but it may be tricky to keep yourself on task on the things you MOST need to do. On Armodafinil, you seek out small problems and want to do them quickly and efficiently. Depending on the work you are seeking to do, this may be very good for you or it may be counter-productive. I found that some tasks such as writing were harder but other assignments such as coding problems or general productivity around the house and online was greatly improved.
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.