The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Modafinil Users

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi folks,

I've done a fair bit of research and am pretty aware of what to expect from this 'wonder drug'.

On the other hand, I am also interested in hearing forum members who have used it in the past or who are still using Modafinil.

Can you please elaborate on your experience?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
I have sleep apena which is one of the reasons it was created. It doesn't do anything for me but get me to where a regular person would be i.e. I don't need naps, not falling alseep during down time etc

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I've never used it, but let's say you're using it to be more energized and alert throughout the day. Is this anything that can't be solved by regular exercise, and a healthy diet? A cup of coffee can give you a boost as well.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I've never used it, but let's say you're using it to be more energized and alert throughout the day. Is this anything that can't be solved by regular exercise, and a healthy diet? A cup of coffee can give you a boost as well.

My current diet is a pile of crap. Plus my sleeping pattern is all over the place. I am aware that I should fix these two before even considering Moda.

I kind of sound like a guy who has never hit the gym and is considering a steroid stack so he could get shredded before Xmas lol.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
My current diet is a pile of crap. Plus my sleeping pattern is all over the place. I am aware that I should fix these two before even considering Moda.
Yeah you're feeling tired all the time, get a handle on your diet and sleep, and you'll notice an improvement. Exercise is also a good way to regulate your sleep as you'll feel tired late in the day.

I kind of sound like a guy who has never hit the gym and is considering a steroid stack so he could get shredded before Xmas lol.

Lol it's alright, today we have pills for everything.

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
Took it on a few occasions back in school
It gets rid of the "Damn I have to do this BS?" feeling
Now I just take adrafinil when I need intense focus

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Yeah you're feeling tired all the time, get a handle on your diet and sleep, and you'll notice an improvement. Exercise is also a good way to regulate your sleep as you'll feel tired late in the day.

Exercise and diet are KEY.

A book that I would recommend is You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises by Mark Lauren.

Short and to the point, with a lot of good nuggets on healthy eating, working out simply, and body transformation.

Here is one of my favorite passages from the book:

Your real home is not your apartment or your house or your city or even your country, but your body. It is the only thing you, your soul and your mind, will always live inside of so long as you walk the earth. It is the single most important physical thing in this world you can take care of.

We have a choice: To take care of ourselves, or to simply let time make us worse. And it is right now, at this moment, not later, that we must make this decision. Most people in this world choose to lose. They drag themselves through a second-rate life, overweight and under-energetic. They just let time take its toll. Their waistline increases and their height decreases as they get older and their backs hurt and hunch. Eventually their mobility becomes limited. And they meet their maker well before they should.

Then there are the others, the minority who decide to really, truly do something about their health. They exercise, and they watch what they eat, not obsessively, only just enough. They have an understanding of nutritional basics, and workout 20 - 30 minutes a day, 4 - 5 times a week--less than 1.2% of their time--because that is all they will ever need. They meet life's obstacles with physical, mental, and spiritual strength. They care about how they look, and they look good. They thrive on the energy exercise gives them every day. How it washes away so many of the bad things in life--depression, anxiety, nervousness, tension, boredom, impatience. It lets them think easily and clearly. They know how much worse their lives would be if they did not exercise, so they simply don't let that happen. They are in control, not their excuses.

Screw the pill. Healthy eating paired with exercise is the perfect medication. Make fitness a priority and reap the life-changing benefits. The time is NOW.

TheodoreA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 16, 2017
Guildford, UK
Use to use it a lot, stopped for about a year and actually bought some about a month ago to try again.

About an hour after taking it, you feel really awake, and it always puts me in a really good mood. The effects for me lasted about 7/8 hours, and I always go into a bit of a slump after the effects wear off. I do believe that your body gets use to it though, I stopped taking it because eventually I was barely feeling any effect from it at all. I would definitely recommend Modafinil, but use sparingly, only when you really feel that you need it.

As always, be careful. Make sure you get it from a legitimate distributor/manufacturer. If you start feeling any negative side effects, stop taking it right away. There hasn't been a lot of substantial research into Modafinil or many other smart drugs, we're not sure of the long term prolonged effects, and we don't know if it is safe to take regularly. So, you need to appreciate that if there are any negative effects, whether now or in the future, you are completely liable for them.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland

Hi ....Don't know anything about this gear ...."0"......

However, I was once extremely unfit.
To rectify the situation, I took out a discounted 3 month membership at the local swimming pool. Very slowly I improved my fitness levels. I got my inspiration one morning there from an old boy who had stints in his heart and only one functional lung. He had started like me unfit and slowly rebuilt his body from the inside out. He became a vegetarian and adopted a new healthy living lifestyle.

You would have to see this guy folks !

This is my take on Human longevity

1/ Exercise. (with exercise / fitness you can have energy to fix the mindset)

2/ Mindset. (with a clear mindset you can have drive to clean up your diet)

3/ Diet (with the proper diet you can have good health)

4/ Good health ( with good health you will live long enough for Peter Diamandis to figure out how you can live to 130 years. )

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi ....Don't know anything about this gear ...."0"......

However, I was once extremely unfit.
To rectify the situation, I took out a discounted 3 month membership at the local swimming pool. Very slowly I improved my fitness levels. I got my inspiration one morning there from an old boy who had stints in his heart and only one functional lung. He had started like me unfit and slowly rebuilt his body from the inside out. He became a vegetarian and adopted a new healthy living lifestyle.

You would have to see this guy folks !

This is my take on Human longevity

1/ Exercise. (with exercise / fitness you can have energy to fix the mindset)

2/ Mindset. (with a clear mindset you can have drive to clean up your diet)

3/ Diet (with the proper diet you can have good health)

4/ Good health ( with good health you will live long enough for Peter Diamandis to figure out how you can live to 130 years. )

Cheers for sharing. Inspirational!

Chef

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 9, 2016
I wouldn't risk it honestly. Poorly researched, cardiovascular abnormalities, organ failure(wow) and I've even read somewhere about a smart drug which I'm pretty sure was modafinil that caused diabetes. It may interact with insulin levels, which would make sense since glucose is the primary source of brain fuel.

Maybe modafinil tinkers with these biological processes that are oh so vital for us? Who knows.

The upside? A little bit of focus and alertness. That's it. Nothing a self-kick to your own bum wouldn't help.

Comparing to every other drug the risks here are quite mysterious and apparently come in many different shapes and forms. A wander into the unknown and the stake is my health. How thrilling!

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix

Moda will be a band-aid & a crutch until you fix the real problems you noted above. I used it for about 4 months when I couldn't figure out why I was hit with extreme, extreme fatigue suddenly... like, taking a 4 hour nap in the middle of the day & still going to bed early & exhausted fatigue...

I finally figured out it was nickel poisoning from my braces (yeah, ridiculous, I know). I used moda as a tool to get by. It wasn't amazing or ridiculously incredible, but I did feel much more alert/awake while using it. I was very awake, but also aware that it was artificial -it's weird... it was like I could tell it was masking the tiredness, I could still feel the fatigue behind it... but I knew it was a crutch to get by on until I could figure out my issues. Once I addressed the health issues, my fatigue went away & now I don't use it, as I don't want to be that amped up artificially -I try & tune in to what my body tells me on it's own & use that to modify my diet/lifestyle so I can operate as optimally as possible.

It's a tool, like any other substance you can use for wakefulness, but you'll eventually build tolerance & if you're not taking care of your health like you know you need to, well.... you get the point.

SummerGladness

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Apr 2, 2018
UK
The first time I took some I looked at gun parts for 8 hours straight.

Yeah a friend of mine took apart all of his retro consoles and spent 12hrs cleaning them meticulously while on moda. Thought you'd find that interesting given your undertitle :D

A book that I would recommend is You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises by Mark Lauren.

I have Mark Lauren's book, all his DVD's and the YAYOG app. It really is very simple stuff and I'd highly recommend him as well. I particularly like the DVD's. YAYOG dvd is really challenging and I consider myself pretty fit. Easy to be inspired/motivated by Mark as well given he's an ex-seal/instructor. Tapped right into my childish macho fantasies!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.