The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What advice do you have for me? 19 y/o college student

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jun 12, 2019
I just found this forum the other day, can't even remember how, but it has already motivated me quite a bit and I like the attitude and mindset here. I just purchased The Millionaire Fastlane and will be reading it as much as I can.

Here's a bit about me, and I'd like to hear your advice for how I can set myself up for success.

My Background:
I'm a 19 year old college student, just finished my second year. I'm dual-majoring in finance/management and minoring in accounting. Although I do enjoy finance, I enjoy business itself more. I've also realized that working for someone else for a fixed wage or salary is not for me. Basically everything about the "Slowlane" is not for me, although I'll have that as a backup.

My Goals:
My main goal is to be able to enjoy my life, especially in my younger years, without being limited by money or committing my time to someone else. Although I'd love to have enough money to buy some nice cars (my biggest interest besides business), I just want to be able to live without spending the majority of my day at a workplace, being tied down to my scheduled hours and such.

My Work Ethic:
When I say I don't want to commit my time to someone else, I'm not saying I don't want to work. Although in the future I'd definitely strive for low working hours, that is not the case in the present. During the school season, I'd spend virtually all day working. After classes were over, I'd open up my laptop to learn about business and work on some projects. I don't party, waste time on TV, etc. During the summer, I spend my hours after my job (retail) doing the same. I've had this strong work ethic for years, therefore it's not likely to cease any time soon. I love working, but not under other people.

What I've Worked On:
As of now, most of my time has been spent learning about various topics, but I want to start diving into things more now. When I was younger, I sold some stuff on eBay by making my own small product until I ran out and could no longer produce the item cheap enough. It wasn't going to make me any good money, but it was a great experience for me at that age. I've had a few other small projects I've done, but that's all they were: small.
6 months ago I started learning how to make informational blog-type websites. I made one, but that mostly served as a way to learn, therefore I don't expect it to go far. I just started a new one that I'm spending my time working on now, but I'm unsure of it's potential. Writing articles is not my "forte" (I'm good at it, but I don't enjoy it much), just to make that clear. That's just what I have myself working on at the moment (besides learning). I've also started buying things on Craigslist and LetGo to earn some extra money that I'm saving to use as a investment into other projects and business ideas, although I'm having trouble finding new items worth buying/selling.

Hopefully these points give you an idea of who I am and what I enjoy doing.

As a 19 year old, I'm curious what some of your advice would be about how I should spend my next 2 years and beyond. The ultimate dream would be starting something that would enable me to avoid getting a job after college without having to question my decision (good income stream that I don't believe is going away).

Additionally, I thought it was important to note that I haven't fallen into any "get rich quick" schemes that many my age are drawn towards. I have the right mindset that to get the results require a TON of work and that it won't be easy.

If you have any questions at all about me, don't hesitate to ask. I'm excited to be apart of the forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Everything people whine about is a chance for you to add value. Nothing else really matters. You can have the most scalable website ever, but it has to speak to people's discontent first.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...