The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

well that's a year wasted!

glenn shelford

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 8, 2014
Hertfordshire
Hey everyone,

I've spent the last year in Australia and Thailand and worked only four months of the last year. During that time i have been readin T&GR, RDPD, listening to David Bach and reading as much material as i can.

Tried starting an online ebook website for dating, this failed miserably as i didnt put the work into making sales on it. I have also bought courses that i shouldn't have done.

Long story short, this is my first post to announce that i will be a millionaire by the age of 30 :) This will be achieved by working on fitness/motivation and exercise problems that has been the industry i'm involved in now for about 7 years!

Please say hey as i'm keen to make friends! Am based in London., UK

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
well that's a year wasted!

Nothing is ever wasted. You just may not have figured out all the lessons it taught you yet. :)

Welcome!

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Your last year wasn't wasted! You tried something, you failed, but that's progress. Now you know one thing that doesn't work. ;)

You just gotta pull yourself up by your bootstraps and try again. And again. And again, if you need to.

Have you read The Millionaire Fastlane ? I highly recommend it.

RealEcon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 24, 2014
What do you feel was the specific problem of not working on getting sales for your site? I mean, did you not have it optimized well enough for conversions, or you werent able to get targeted traffic, etc.?

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
I watched a David Bach interview the other day about how to get rich. It was basically the same ole get rich slow mumbo jumbo. I never bothered to read RDPD or T&GR but if its about the slowlane then I won't ever read.

Glenn, how old are you?

glenn shelford

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 8, 2014
Hertfordshire
i'm 26, and the problem was i didnt stick at it! I had the site up for about a month and promised myself if i didnt make a sale in the first month then i'd take it down! In hindsight, i didnt post on any forums, ran my adwords account poorly and didnt put a lot of effort in for a extended period to allow it to grow!

My new more scale-able business is going to be around gym and exercise. As i'm working for Virgin Active as a personal trainer and also running my own clients and classes outside. So i am passionate and also i know the numbers are there for this market to hit the scale necessity for my fastlane model!

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
i'm 26, and the problem was i didnt stick at it! I had the site up for about a month and promised myself if i didnt make a sale in the first month then i'd take it down! In hindsight, i didnt post on any forums, ran my adwords account poorly and didnt put a lot of effort in for a extended period to allow it to grow!

My new more scale-able business is going to be around gym and exercise. As i'm working for Virgin Active as a personal trainer and also running my own clients and classes outside. So i am passionate and also i know the numbers are there for this market to hit the scale necessity for my fastlane model!
I'm 26 myself and my goal is to be a millionaire by 30 too.

Keep pushing and pulling. Its only right.

whiteeclipse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
May 9, 2013
Orlando, FL
I don't feel it was a waste, it's more like a learning curve. Many successful business owners have failed at some point but stay focused and keep trying different projects till something starts moving.

Good luck

Deevo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 24, 2014
Welcome, Glenn.

Forget about last year. Focus on TODAY and what's ahead.

Fitness/health industry is huge. Working in the industry and working next to the customer allows you to see issues you might have missed if you were just sitting on the sidelines. Find that angle and push it HARD.

Random: Since Sochi is in the highlights, did you get to experience London 2012?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...