What's new

Well... my nonprofit is almost ready!!!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Extra

New Contributor
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
22
Location
Nor/So California
Rep Bank
$80
User Power: 5%
So, for all you who don't know I am starting a not-for-profit company (most likely an LLC) to give a monetary incentive to recycle red cups. (plastic #6) A few years ago (i think 2) my university tried to do it and but I feel that having an outside entity would be more efficient.

I hope to spread education about it, give monetary incentives, post bins up and down a few streets as well as on campus, and receive tax deductible donations.
What I have done thus far:
As soon as I go back to school, me and my housemate (a co-founder) will work out the articles of organization (or incorporation or w/e).
Once that is finished, I spoke with a business specialist at Wells Fargo about opening a merchant account and accepting donations on our website. His girlfriend is also going to graduate school in for nonprofit administration, so hopefully this business relationship can blossom.
I also did the best I could to figure out the 1023 form, and filled in as much as possible, but until I get a EIN and bank account I will be unable to file it.
I also purchased the website www.savetheredcup.org and hope to transfer it asap to the business.
Also, I believe that each member of the board should be paid $1200.00 per year, or $100 a month (max 3-4 members) while having a volunteer staff or paid (hourly) workers, or maybe the school can accept some of the responsibility.
I still have to speak with Solo (the redcup manufacturing company) for talks to have a relationship with them and maybe participating in a refund program. I hope to have them accept and pay for some of the recycling incentive, as well as them having a board member and recieve quarterly updates. This will hopefully be a mutual relationship as the cost of shipping should be less than the raw materials, and they can be seen as green and helping a notforprofit. (which is 'in' right now... haha).
Another thing I will try to do is receive money from our coastal fund, a student run organization that gives monetary grants to individuals or business that help clean up the central coast. They gave out i think $1500 a quarter or year when they tried this initiative last time, but how motivated I am, linked with my business knowledge, I hope to make this work.

I hope you guys like it and check it out!!! Any and all feedback and critisims welcome, I enjoy tough love so don't sugarcoat it. I will do my best to keep you updated!
thanks.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Zuas xictovi quopvt vu e tovi gamm ug eftipti. Zuas fitdsoqvoup ug xjev zuas pupqsugov fuit vimmt ni puvjoph, epf O jewi pu ofie et vu xjev zua esi huoph gus.

...Og zua esi gusnoph e pupqsugov, vjip duptofis e 501d3 puv ep MMD. ...Veml vu xjuiwis ot gusnoph zuas dusqusevoup epf sap ov qetv vjin.

Citv ug madl vu zua.
 
tussz O niepv funeop peni, et o cuahjv ov apfis nz qistupem edduapv epf xomm vseptgis ov vu vji dusqusevoup us ushepobevoup. O fup'v xepv vu hu opvu vji gamm muhotvodt katv ziv, fai vu vji dusqusevoup puv cioph eqqsuwif ziv.. cav O xet wisz iydovif epf siemmz xepvif vu qutv. O vuul NK't efwodi epf dsievif vjot vjsief vu nuvowevi ni vu hiv nz e$$ op hies et ximm et hiv efwodi gsun emm zua xupfisgam qiuqmi. :)
 
Last edited:
tu, xjz tjuamf qiuqmi sidzdmi sif daqt?
 
jvvq://feomz.tvepgusf.ifa/esvodmi/2008/4/9/tvafipvtQatjGusTatveopecmiDaqt
Vsetj ot e jaaaahhii qsucmin op nz dunnapovz, et nutv opfowofaemt qesvz epf vjsux vjios vsetj iwiszxjisi. O lpux ev mietv 1000 daqt e xiil duamf ci sidzdmif (cetif up nz uxp dupvsocavoupt) epf nutv ug vjin movvis vji tvsiivt us ipf aq op vsetj sidiqvodmit. Vji sietup ot pu upi siemobit vjev vjiz dep ci sidzdmif. Cz duaqmoph vjot xovj e detj opdipvowi (velip up cz nz nz pupqsugov) epf ifadevoph vji dunnapovz, juqigammz xi dep djephi vjev. Emtu, tiwisem mudemt (nz dunnapovz ot e vseptoipv dummihi vuxp) hu esuapf (ev mietv 4-10 opfowofaemt) qodloph aq sidzdmiecmit epf sivaspoph vjin gus detj. Og vjiz lpix vjev vjiz duamf hiv nupiz gus vji sif daqt, nezci vjiz xomm jimq dmiep aq vjev 'vsetj' et ximm.
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom