The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Meetup Accountability Call Megathread

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
@rpeck90 W overall --> NEXT WEEK: Complete Shopify theme + Get products to import for "single cards" Pokémon app + Get Parish conditionality for repeaters to work + Complete Ruffian product page development work + Start development on wider inventory tracking Shopify app
Not to hi-jack this at all, but having been in the TCG world for 20+ years, @rpeck90, I'd love to know more about what you're doing. I decided to dust off a project for the TCG world I've been sitting on. Nothing fancy, but something that's been needed for decades.

Anyway, it'd be cool to connect. Kudos to everyone else on what you're all accomplishing.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Not to hi-jack this at all, but having been in the TCG world for 20+ years, @rpeck90, I'd love to know more about what you're doing. I decided to dust off a project for the TCG world I've been sitting on. Nothing fancy, but something that's been needed for decades.

Anyway, it'd be cool to connect. Kudos to everyone else on what you're all accomplishing.

Cheers!

I do freelance software work for Japan2UK | The UK's Largest & No.1 Japanese TCG & Hobby Store pertaining to Shopify and various backend processes. Their sales have been growing and I believe they should focus on developing their own IP.

They originally contacted me through Fiverr and they are close enough geographically to have warranted a meetup last year (almost to the day, actually): -

b6B2LdJ.jpg
d99ae3a9ee348bab2a1cc5b2e97ceb35.jpg

I'm currently working on two projects for them.

The first is a "single cards" filter system for their website, which I implemented a simple version of last year: -

The second is a system (similar to what @ElDiablo has been looking into) which allows them to track their COGS. I implemented one for them using Google Sheets but they have too much data for that now, so have been putting together a dedicated app for the purpose.

In both cases, I developed proprietary code which is not available elsewhere.

They have big plans but are in need of sorting out some of their backend processes. I think they would be open to ideas once they have some of those process-level issues fixed, which is partly what my work aims to achieve. If you want to DM me to talk about any potential ideas, I can certainly see if it's something they'd likely be interested in.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
7/3/2 ... W/L/New Nice work!
Put your items blocked into your schedule this week and GET THEM DONE.
Each week, move toward your goals. Even if by a small amount. Improve each week in all areas.
And hold each other accountable for doing so!

Love this! Check on each other during the week. Those with a L, don't have two in a row! Those with a W, keep the streak going.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
I do freelance software work for Japan2UK | The UK's Largest & No.1 Japanese TCG & Hobby Store pertaining to Shopify and various backend processes. Their sales have been growing and I believe they should focus on developing their own IP.

They originally contacted me through Fiverr and they are close enough geographically to have warranted a meetup last year (almost to the day, actually): -

b6B2LdJ.jpg
View attachment 54673

I'm currently working on two projects for them.

The first is a "single cards" filter system for their website, which I implemented a simple version of last year: -

The second is a system (similar to what @ElDiablo has been looking into) which allows them to track their COGS. I implemented one for them using Google Sheets but they have too much data for that now, so have been putting together a dedicated app for the purpose.

In both cases, I developed proprietary code which is not available elsewhere.

They have big plans but are in need of sorting out some of their backend processes. I think they would be open to ideas once they have some of those process-level issues fixed, which is partly what my work aims to achieve. If you want to DM me to talk about any potential ideas, I can certainly see if it's something they'd likely be interested in.
That's pretty phenomenal work! And admittedly, I still collect OCG Yugioh cards, lmfao.

Since my marketing agency now functions without me, I've fully committed to the TCG world. I'm currently building an interface for store owners with the goal of it interconnecting every single store, across every single country.

I'm then planning on trying to land distribution deals. Basically, I'm trying to turn it into a one-stop shop for TCG store owners to where they can handle everything in one interface, specifically designed for them.

I'll definitely reach out at some point as, if nothing else, I'm always interested in seeing what people are doing in the TCG world. Perhaps I'll hop in on the next call.

Cheers.

Last edited:

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
That's pretty phenomenal work! And admittedly, I still collect OCG Yugioh cards, lmfao.

Since my marketing agency now functions without me, I've fully committed to the TCG world. I'm currently building an interface for store owners with the goal of it interconnecting every single store, across every single country.

I'm then planning on trying to land distribution deals. Basically, I'm trying to turn it into a one-stop shop for TCG store owners to where they can handle everything in one interface, specifically designed for them.

I'll definitely reach out at some point as, if nothing else, I'm always interested in seeing what people are doing in the TCG world. Perhaps I'll hop in on the next call.

Cheers.

Amazing to hear - thanks for the reply!

The J2UK guys are interesting. They told me they collected the cards too; I have no interest so am unsure why people are inclined to spend so much on buying what I see as shiny pieces of cardboard.

I doubt they'd be interested in what I'm guessing is a social CRM thing (?), primarily because their primary focus is business (they're not your standard geeks who started a TCG store because it was their passion). There are two founders and one of them has an overt talent for business management; I can see him running a large multinational in the next 10 - 15 years. The other is extremely good with people.

I'd imagine they would be interested in a platform where they can trade/buy/sell exclusive cards with other vendors, so perhaps if there was that sort of element involved, it would be of interest. They told me that they want to implement a system which allows them to buy high value cards from their customers, so if they're able to do that with other vendors, I imagine it would be a good value-add for their business.

It's very interesting to me how strong the TCG market is. I can appreciate the value of MTG because their artwork is world class. However, when Pokémon release a new set every 2 months, it's surprising to me how there is so much demand for what is generally the same idea recycled over and over again.

I can definitely see the appeal of beautifully designed trading cards that have use-value, though. It's like having a compendium in your pocket. Adding a TCG element to an existing IP is definitely on my itinerary when the company has more capital - imagine having a set of trading cards that people could use to help them learn programming, or a new language.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Amazing to hear - thanks for the reply!

The J2UK guys are interesting. They told me they collected the cards too; I have no interest so am unsure why people are inclined to spend so much on buying what I see as shiny pieces of cardboard.
More or less the same as every other hobby, tbh. Some people spend 25$ on a paintball gun, some people spend 5k$. Personally, I think the idea of a "collector car" is absolutely ridiculous, even with the "historical value" argument.

(That said, I'll always love 3000GT, Supra, etc.)
I doubt they'd be interested in what I'm guessing is a social CRM thing (?)
No.
, primarily because their primary focus is business (they're not your standard geeks who started a TCG store because it was their passion).
Same.
I'd imagine they would be interested in a platform where they can trade/buy/sell exclusive cards with other vendors, so perhaps if there was that sort of element involved, it would be of interest.
This is what I meant by "stores being intertwined." Vendor-to-vendor, vendor-to-my-company, etc. Streamlining processes, creating store processes, connecting with my team/other stores, etc. Essentially having a CRM for the TCG world, specifically for their business operations/product ordering/etc.
They told me that they want to implement a system which allows them to buy high value cards from their customers, so if they're able to do that with other vendors, I imagine it would be a good value-add for their business.
I already have something for this that I personally created/use as I primarily deal with high-end MTG cards. It includes a way for players to upload images/scans, and a half-baked authentication aspect (because I got sick of being sent 10k in cards just to have 99% of them be fake).
It's very interesting to me how strong the TCG market is. I can appreciate the value of MTG because their artwork is world class. However, when Pokémon release a new set every 2 months, it's surprising to me how there is so much demand for what is generally the same idea recycled over and over again.
The wild part is it continually grows every single day. Pokemon hits every age group, and the TCG itself has a prize structure that mirrors that (e.g. kids can win scholarship money for winning, adults can win money/etc.). MTG has art, stability, and it comes from the "old schoolers." You know, the "nerds" who tried gatekeeping comic books before being a "nerd" became cool. Except now they more or less have unlimited money and infinite time.
I can definitely see the appeal of beautifully designed trading cards that have use-value, though. It's like having a compendium in your pocket. Adding a TCG element to an existing IP is definitely on my itinerary when the company has more capital - imagine having a set of trading cards that people could use to help them learn programming, or a new language.
I highly recommend doing a bit of research here! There are a few small startups that are trying/have tried. It went terribly, haha. The issue is it's extremely difficult (read: almost impossible) to create a new TCG and have it boom. Primarily because these games have been around for decades and their player bases are typically committed (and usually only play 1 game).

That said, using your idea for the education aspect is definitely something that (as far as I know) hasn't been used at the adult education level, so there may definitely be some room there! Regardless, the TCG world is an extremely quirky world.

Cheers.

Geist

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Mar 13, 2024
Hey! I’m a new member to this forum but I will be here this saturday (as long as it isn’t at 3AM or something for me - which I doubt based on the timings of the most recent calls mentioned here).

Looking forward to it!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
get your asses on the call today!
hold each other accountable.
100s of pushups for L's
clear and specific measurable goals for the coming week
Let's go!!

Omsubedi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 25, 2021
Maryland
Fastlane Call
Saturday, 16 March · 7:30 – 8:30pm
Time zone: Europe/Berlin
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: Meet

here is the next call

Looking forward to seeing yall once again.

@MJ DeMarco
Is the link working for everyone? It is timing out for me. I am trying for last 15 minutes.

Sumiran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 26, 2023
Is the link working for everyone? It is timing out for me. I am trying for last 15 minutes
It starts in around 40 minutes so maybe the link isn't working. Try at the start.

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 26, 2023
7/3/2 ... W/L/New Nice work!
Put your items blocked into your schedule this week and GET THEM DONE.
Each week, move toward your goals. Even if by a small amount. Improve each week in all areas.
And hold each other accountable for doing so!

Love this! Check on each other during the week. Those with a L, don't have two in a row! Those with a W, keep the streak going.
The best thing - there is no middle.
you or did it, or didn't.
The worst thing - there is no middle.
one little mistake and it is all gone.

Unfortunate? No,
Accelerating :)

(although I did get an L, so, adding pushups...)

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
@MaximOntheRoad W : Test one more ad creative, do 20 reachouts
@Lucy Lee W : get landing page to 70%, select one AI idea
@Maria 777 W --> NEXT WEEK: watch a CSS tutorial + write a CSS file
@szalek W : finish the app and go online with it
@rpeck90 L : deploy the inventory tracking app, get shopify theme at least halfway, Pokémon import thing, parish thing
@lifemaker L : pending (only two goals, 1000 Pushups if you dont reply to this)
@NervesOfSteel W : Fulfill all the orders, post a thread on the form
@Omsubedi W : catch up on the uncompleted items
@ElDiablo W : send out 2 applications a day
@Subsonic L : catch up on calculus, bring website performance up to 50/100 on mobile

Finals around the corner, so I'll be focused on that first.
School matters because how you do anything is how you do everything.

Geist

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Mar 13, 2024
Enjoyable call, looking forward to 2nd call where I also get to set some goals.

Looking forward to seeing Rahul posting on his success these last few weeks too

Sumiran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 26, 2023
@rpeck90 L : deploy the inventory tracking app, get shopify theme at least halfway, Pokémon import thing, parish thing
@Subsonic L : catch up on calculus, bring website performance up to 50/100 on mobile

It was great seeing you all, hope to be part of the accountability group in my 2nd call next week.

Also, I heard @szalek and @ElDiablo looking to get on LinkedIn. I've quite an experience with LinkedIn where I grew my followers from 0 to 1k all organically and got some clients too. Due to some reasons, I wasn't active but now I'm getting back to it. I'll be glad to help you guys with anything if I can.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
7W/3L ... not bad. Post some videos of you doing pushups for the L's.

Good job on the attendance! Lot of people on the call gets you a lot of different viewpoints and to see different ways of doing things. At some point, you guys may want to break into a few calls. Centered around industry, or time in your lives (age/kids/etc.). 5 to 8 that regularly show up and get shit done and push each other and whatsapp each other during the week is a good way for you to make progress.

For now, keep this format going and KEEP SHOWING UP. Post your Wins, celebrate them. Post your L's, dig down to the 'actual' reason, not the excuse and clear that out for the next week.

About once a month, make sure each person says what their BIG goal for the quarter is and then you can help them calibrate their ONE BIG THING each week to achieve that goal.

Love what I am seeing here!! I put the call on my calendar for next week and try to join you! GO GET STUFF DONE!

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 26, 2023

• Pass my first exam
• Do 90% of the German course

but I will still do push ups.
started to like them during my L-streak))

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
It was great seeing you all, hope to be part of the accountability group in my 2nd call next week.

Also, I heard @szalek and @ElDiablo looking to get on LinkedIn. I've quite an experience with LinkedIn where I grew my followers from 0 to 1k all organically and got some clients too. Due to some reasons, I wasn't active but now I'm getting back to it. I'll be glad to help you guys with anything if I can.
Thank you for the offering @Sumiran

I'm all ears, as I have the impression that LinkedIn has a trickier approach compared to other social media when creating quality content.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Fastlane Call
Saturday, 23 March · 7:30 – 8:30pm
Google Meet joining info

Next call, here we go. Looking forward to seeing some of the new people again.

@MJ DeMarco

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
Fastlane Call
Saturday, 23 March · 7:30 – 8:30pm
Google Meet joining info

Next call, here we go. Looking forward to seeing some of the new people again.

@MJ DeMarco

This is so confusing in regard to time zones!

Screenshot 2024-03-23 001722.jpg

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Omsubedi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 25, 2021
Maryland
This week for me is all Losses. Zero progress. Got badly infected with Covid. Not fully recovered yet. Might take a week or two to get to speed.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
This week for me is all Losses. Zero progress. Got badly infected with Covid. Not fully recovered yet. Might take a week or two to get to speed.
Get well soon. Health must be your first priority.

Yula

Go Small, Then Big or Go Home
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Things keep getting in the way on Saturdays, but I'm joining again today!

Maria 777

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 4, 2022
I wish you get well soon, I was recently sick too so I kinda understand how you feel

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
I also hope you get well soon and take the necessary rest to come back fresh and ready to tackle your goals. :fistbump:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.