The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Website help for existing domain

TMac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Mar 3, 2011
western suburbs of Chicago
I have a company, website, and idea. My current website is to attract sellers for properties my company would purchase. I can't buy them all and want to maximize my revenue potential by bring sellers and buyers together.

I want to expand to make it a user generated real estate classified site with paid and free ads. This is not something I have time to design myself as I have 2 young kids and my husband just had a lung transplant. In other words I do not have time to learn code and design but I can do research online in the evening and some afternoons.

I have talked to several software designers and web designers and I know what I want but I am unsure, do I have them start from scratch or do I find a template like e-classified.net. What would the cost be???

I welcome any advice as I would like my site running as soon as possible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cfittowin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 26, 2009
Boston
TMac,

The idea sounds cool, but I'd really sit down and take some time with this. Brainstorm vehemently for awhile. Research your competitors, and see what others are doing in the industry. Take notes constantly as you conduct your search. These notes can be used for your biz plan. Lay your site out visually on paper.(I use whiteboards to help with this process)

Then once you feel you have a solid grip on what you want I'd put the job to bid on a site like elance(dot)com with the specs of what you want.

TMac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Mar 3, 2011
western suburbs of Chicago
cfittowin,

Thanks for the advice. I have researched many competitors with paying and free sites. What I want to do is different from paying sites like fsbo or forsalebyowner, foreclosure.com realtytrac ect. It is something I have been planning for 4 years. I kind of forgot about it until I went back and looked at my old business noteboook where I jot down ideas I have. Funny, the site I have laid out is exctly as I had written down over 4 years ago.

I have been drawing the layout on 4x6 cards. then in my notebook I ad my content.

I am not really sure what elance is. I have someone here that wants to work with me (unfortunatly I am having a hard time understanding him) he is from India. Hard to deal with the language barrier. I have asked his nmae a half dozen times and stil have no idea what he is saying. I really want to avoid any miscommunication and I don't know if elance would be programmers from India or what. What kind of things do they need to place a bid?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
My advice, without knowing exactly what you need/want, is usually to start from an open source or a low cost script, and then pay a development company to customize it.

e-classified.net or Open-Realty (Open-Realty® 3.0 ) may be a good starting point, but again, it all depends on what you want and your budget and time constraints.

Feel free to email me if you want, see my signature link.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.