The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web site that allows you to test demand by directly messaging users within your target market

Would you use this free service?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

threewhitelights

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 30, 2017
California
Here's the idea: Entrepreneurs sign up to a social community. When they sign up, they fill out some mandatory demographic information: Age range, sex, ethnicity, city, state, country, and approximate income range but NO personally identifiable information (No name, address, SSN, etc.). They could also opt in to assigning other unique tags to their like from a predefined list like medical conditions, special interests, political affiliation, etc. The users could then send other users their elevator video/text pitch and include prototype pictures/embedded video and anything else that could relay the message. They would be able to send this pitch to specific people based on demographic information (i.e, I would be able to select to send my pitch to 25-30yo hispanics in the LA area with the option to provide further filters like republicans or people with diabetes for users who elected to represent that tag). The invitation would invite participants to respond within 7 days and then the invitation would be rescinded. Participants would get a message from an anonymous user with the elevator pitch/text/picture/video/whatever was sent and could click either that they would buy/participate or that they would not buy/participate then be invited to write in a comment that is optional. The trick is, there would be a credit system. In order to send out these pitches to your target market, you have to respond to a reasonable number of pitches and get credits. Not too many to make it annoying, but enough to where you are a valued participant. The more credits you have, the more people you can send out invitations to. Alternatively, you could buy credits (monetization). What are your thoughts? Would you use this?

TL;DR - Users sign up and input required and optional demographic information, and send out pitches to specific demographics by using credits than can be earned by purchasing from the site or responding to other people's pitches. Would you use this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

threewhitelights

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 30, 2017
California
I don't sell business to business very often, so I probably wouldn't be able to get the data I need.
Thanks for the reply! What if rather than the credit system, users were paid for their participation? What if for every invitation the sender is charged $1, the participant gets paid $0.95 for participating (regardless of their info)?Would that make it more reliable data for you?

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Thanks for the reply! What if rather than the credit system, users were paid for their participation? What if for every invitation the sender is charged $1, the participant gets paid $0.95 for participating (regardless of their info)?Would that make it more reliable data for you?

I'd definitely pay for sales leads...

to be honest, this whole idea is something I would've gotten lost in for months at a whack before I just got out there and started selling shit. Now that I'm selling, I just don't have any time to spare figuring out if people will buy my stuff, if that makes sense.

threewhitelights

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 30, 2017
California
I don't know about these days. But, with a little creativity you use to be able to drive some pretty well targeted FaceBook Ads.
This is true. I think the difference between what I'm thinking about and a Facebook Ad is, with a facebook Ad, you kind of have to have a working product/landing page/decent budget for the ad to run much. With this, if you spend $50, you can send a paragraph directly to 50 recipients who are eager to reply and make some side income regardless of whether they like your product/service.

threewhitelights

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 30, 2017
California
I'd definitely pay for sales leads...

to be honest, this whole idea is something I would've gotten lost in for months at a whack before I just got out there and started selling shit. Now that I'm selling, I just don't have any time to spare figuring out if people will buy my stuff, if that makes sense.
That makes sense. Thanks for your input, good sir!

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
This is true. I think the difference between what I'm thinking about and a Facebook Ad is, with a facebook Ad, you kind of have to have a working product/landing page/decent budget for the ad to run much. With this, if you spend $50, you can send a paragraph directly to 50 recipients who are eager to reply and make some side income regardless of whether they like your product/service.

With Facebook you already have access to basically everybody, and you can reach more than 50 people for $50. You don't need to create a working product or landing page, you can run ads that send people to a Google Forms page and collect their feedback.

It isn't that this is a bad idea, I've actually had a similar idea before and even have the domain name collecting dust, but it's hard to have a good enough incentive for both the people paying for opinions and those giving them to build any sort of network effect, especially when Facebook is already there. It's a chicken and egg problem where the feedback buyers won't waste time unless you have a big enough crowd to get feedback from, and the feedback givers won't waste time on a site with not enough buyers offering something for their time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.