The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web designers: What's your rate for this project?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 14, 2012
So I thought I could design my own website and fell into the rabbit hole of using a page builder like Elementor to DIY it. After spending 3 hours and learning a little CSS to just make a visible line on my menu disappear, the reality hit me:

I suck at design and need help haha!

In light of that revelation, here I am. The project specs are listed below, what would you charge for executing on it/experienced buyers what would you pay?

• I have an existing website (hassanuddeen.com) but it’s not ready to “go live”. I’d like it to have more professional polish and signal trustworthiness and credibility to the B2B, marketing savvy audience I’m looking to serve.

• SEO-friendliness is key. We need to avoid messy code and features that slow the site down significantly. Leaning towards a static site for this purpose.

• I’ll handle content and SEO optimization myself. Design is the main problem at the moment.

• The website will serve two main functions, which I’ve explained below.

The overall goal of the website:​

The website will serve two primary purposes:

1. Persuasively market my services as a content strategist, SEO and writer. (I’ll provide the copy, but designing a strong web page that’s SEO-friendly (and has clean code + UX) is where I need help.

2. Help me build a high-traffic blog & presence as a freelance writing coach. I’d like to teach beginner writers how to get started with content writing and eventually offer a course/coaching. The growth of this will serve as a long-term case study that I'll be documenting.
Listed in order, my priorities with the website are:
  1. Attracting clients who want content strategy (numero uno!)
  2. Attracting clients who want SEO services
  3. Bolstering my presence as a freelance writing coach/course creator for beginners (long-term)
  4. Attracting clients who want freelance writing services (least concerned about right now)

What (I think) I’ll need from a web designer:​

• Redesign/update of the homepage (I’d like the homepage to talk highlight my B2B content strategy skills and services but also mention that I’m a freelance writing coach, as these are my two key priorities with the site—getting content strategy clients + building the blog’s traffic).

• A template for my service pages that I can repurpose and reuse for all the services I offer. Again everything needs to be SEO-compliant regarding code and design.

• Update and tidy the look of the template/format for blog post pages/templates. I’ve created a template, but my design is tacky because I’m not a pro like you! These blog posts pages need to be well-designed, enjoyable to read for readers, and ideally give me the option to also include CTAs in the body of the blog.

A sidebar with links to other content + space for a CTA would also be preferred.

• Improved archive page for the blog. Could use your input on the best practice here, but it's a little ugly.
There are some small deliverables that I need to finalize (should be done within the week) in order for the project to be complete:
  • I need to send a new and improved headshot/personal image of me
  • I’m finalizing my copy for the services + home page
  • I’ll be creating a simpler business logo, too

What would you charge/pay for the above project?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oxx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 7, 2020
Hey Hassan,

Web Design is extremely cheap, just look at the rates on Fiverr.com, so i wouldn't pay more than 200$ for a professional website and less than 20$/hour for support/maintenance.
My recommendation: go to Wix.com, use a template, change it to fit your needs, you don't need to know how to code or be good at Web Design. This will save you a lot of time.

Good luck.

calmed98

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 24, 2020
London
Hey Hassan,

Web Design is extremely cheap, just look at the rates on Fiverr.com, so i wouldn't pay more than 200$ for a professional website and less than 20$/hour for support/maintenance.
My recommendation: go to Wix.com, use a template, change it to fit your needs, you don't need to know how to code or be good at Web Design. This will save you a lot of time.

Good luck.
It's worth looking at Fiverr.com and UpWork.

I've been working in the web design business for 8+ months, and fellow students at Fox Web School advises against Wix due to poor SEO, bad hosting and no optimisation. You can search for plenty of reasons online. I recommend sticking with a good template from ThemeForest or WordPress. Again, it's worth going to the aforementioned freelancer sites and looking for people with high ratings (by many people).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.