The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

WEB SCHOOL Survey: What Do You Find Annoying Working With Web Designers / Developers?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

hexelbyte

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 31, 2021
Houston, TX
I was having a conversation with @Black_Dragon43 and they suggested asking for some feedback about the question in the title of this thread.

The reason is to figure out the traps and hurdles that aspiring web designers would face when working with clients.

It would be interesting for any veterans in the field to discuss the bad habits are and how to avoid bad practices.

Any thoughts / Insights would be greatly appreciated!

mdot

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I wrote a long post but deleted it because it was full of irrelevant background info. I've done quite a bit of full-stack web design with PHP and SQL myself, but it's not my current job. The company I work for has been fighting for months with our contracted web designers because they:
  1. Have no eye for design or just don't care about design (distasteful animations, bad color contrasts, broken responsiveness). We gave them another site to copy. They come back a month late and in half an hour I had almost 1000 words describing what was required to fix their "finished product".
  2. Lacked skill outside of customizing a template and adding content. We asked them to make a custom plugin that involved linking part data with their manufacturer information. Basic PHP and SQL. They come back with a single table with every field being a string type. I had to step in and spoon-feed them that we needed multiple tables with links, and stricter typing so that sorting and filtering would actually work.
  3. Were unwilling to work with us or uncaring about our future experience with the site. It was nearly impossible for us to add new content to the site without diving into the weeds of it, when the solution would have been a wp-admin plugin front end. We did specify we needed an easy way to update the site, but again, the implementation details had to be spoon-fed.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
For any web designers struggling to sell it is hardly ever about competition with other web...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom