The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

We are live on Kickstarter! All and any help is much appreciated..

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
First off, mods (@AllenCrawley / @JasonR ), let me know if I'm posting this in the wrong category.

Alright, my big day has come. For those of you who has access to the INSIDERS's section - you have followed my progress thread here. (And if you haven't signed up for the INSIDERS's yet - let me tell you that whole section is very much worth it!)

I kindly ask all of you to please help me out - either by just sharing my Kickstarter project on Facebook, via email to friends who might be interested, or of course if you want to support it by pledging as well. ;)

I can assure you that I am VERY grateful for all and any help you can contribute with. Be it a small contribution, a pre-order, or simply just a social share - it all ads up. :)

Check out what the media has been saying about the StayblCam here:
http://www.stayblcam.com/stayblcam-in-the-news.php

Thanks a TON guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Backed !!!! ;) The 70$ pledges are goin fast

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
Backed... Only one spot left for that Early Bird $70 special!
Sending out a Facebook shoutout to all my friends as well!!!

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Eskil, should you have made more $70 spots? They are already all gone and you are only at 5k of your 35k goal. I really don't know a ton about kickstarter, is that what usually happens?

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I didn't know you lived in Port Ludlow! My husband grew up in Chimacum so we are in the area quite often.

I am totally off topic, though. ;)

I'm sharing with friends and family, looking forward to seeing you hit that $35,000. The campaign looks great!

Alveko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 18, 2014
Congrats! I'll see if i can back this a bit with some of my poverty student money collection lol

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Backed !!!! ;) The 70$ pledges are goin fast
Thank you sir!

Backed... Only one spot left for that Early Bird $70 special!
Sending out a Facebook shoutout to all my friends as well!!!
Much appreciated my friend!

Eskil, should you have made more $70 spots? They are already all gone and you are only at 5k of your 35k goal. I really don't know a ton about kickstarter, is that what usually happens?
Lol yeah I started second-guessing that 30 minutes into the launch too.. haha.. But.. I figured the low limit would create more of an initial rush, which can be key to get the project off to a good start.

I didn't know you lived in Port Ludlow! My husband grew up in Chimacum so we are in the area quite often.
Yep we live here. :) And yeah my kids go to school in Chimacum.

Any thoughts on going on Shark Tank? Or am I completely off base here. Anyways, I pledged. Love it!
Yes definitely would love to be on Shark Tank with this for sure. But before going there, they will want to see a sales history of course, so first things first. Maybe I'll make it onto season 5 or 6 :)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
yay I can finally see the thread!

it looks awesome! I am so excited for you! shared on fb!

I think it will be funded before the weekend it out ;)

Woot Woot!!

thorn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jun 23, 2013
Pennsylvania
Backed...Awesome Job! I agree with the others, I don't think funding will be an issue!

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Nice work!

Am I correct that the only difference between the $100 pledge and $250 pledge is the film clapper?

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I shared it on my facebook. "Now yall can stop posting those poverty shaky camera phone videos"

The kickstarter video was very impressive too. Really great quality.

Also I havent been keeping up with your other thread very much. How difficult was it to get featured on those other sites?

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
@Eskil you should some more limited packages, specially after the first limited level is all gone, the urge to act!

75$ and 80$ price levels could be leveraged for that.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Backed!

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
congrats. u just made your first 6,000$ an hour. lol
LOL... yeah pretty much :D

Am I correct that the only difference between the $100 pledge and $250 pledge is the film clapper?
Yes, and I think I will change that around a little.

So, be honest....how many times have you clicked the refresh button on that Kickstarter page?
Haha, well I try to not get obsessed with it but I admit I have been checking it quite a lot today. :)

How long did it take you to go from idea to prototype and how much did it cost?
Had the idea first around 2 years ago or so, but only started getting more serious like a year to year and a half ago. But, during that time I was also busy with other projects that took my time and it was only in the last couple of months that I started pushing for PR. Prototype was cheap enough to make. I did the design, logo, website, CAD drawings, and video editing all myself. I spent somewhere around $700 I think it was for the first set of parts to build my limited run of promo units.

The kickstarter video was very impressive too. Really great quality.
Also I havent been keeping up with your other thread very much. How difficult was it to get featured on those other sites?
Thanks. Getting press just takes time and involves a lot of digging for the right contacts and then of course engaging with them over email or phone. I wouldn't call it difficult. Anyone can do it really. You just have to actually do it - and be persistent.

@Eskil you should some more limited packages, specially after the first limited level is all gone, the urge to act!75$ and 80$ price levels could be leveraged for that.

Good point - and one that I started thinking about today before dinner after seeing several similar comments. :)
So... my audience spoke - and I listened! I just now added another reward level, at $74 - perfect for those who ONLY want the StayblCam with no extras. This should make everybody happy. :)

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
Nice up to 10k

I saw that you had a mailing list on your site. Did you wait till you had close to your goal on your mailing list or did you just decide to go for it? Im gearing up for a kickstarter campaign as well, and i have a mailing list too.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Bro.... You're getting SO much free advertising via Facebook right now. This might go viral. Timing is great.... Is the weekend ! ... One reason I predict you'll hit 35K by Monday night...

Very exciting....get ready for the wave.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Bro.... You're getting SO much free advertising via Facebook right now. This might go viral. Timing is great.... Is the weekend ! ... One reason I predict you'll hit 35K by Monday night...

Very exciting....get ready for the wave.
I definitely agree with this! A lot of my photographer friends are sharing! Someone realized that with the GoPro attachment, you can use a DSLR on it with a remote shutter. Should be entertaining!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.